2nd Trimester

Single mother by choice

Any other single mothers by choice out there?  At my job there are about 80 women and I'm the second single mother by choice and there's a third woman who just started trying to get pregnant hoping to be a single mother by choice.  That makes me figure this has become a lot more common than I thought.  Anyhow, I'm 18 weeks and 2 days pregnant with my first.  My family and friends and incredibly supportive and I'm realizing I'm going to have a lot more help than I expected.   So far my pregnancy has been relatively easy.  Right now I just can't wait to feel my little one move.   Anyhow, here's to all the many ways there are to start a family!

Re: Single mother by choice

• rtz123rtz123 member
    edited July 2022
    I do have a partner, but wanted to chime in that I have one friend who is a single mom by choice and another considering it as well. Definitely becoming much more common! 
  • Single mom by choice here 👋🏽 20 +6 so we’re not too far apart. I’m so happy with my decision and excited to meet the little bub 😊 
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations!!!  That's so cool.  Our due date are close together!  When you were 20 + 6 days I was 19 + 5 days.  And yes - best decision of my life!
  • SMBC here! 20+2 today and couldn’t be happier. Keep waiting for the moment when I feel like I’m missing out for not having a partner…nothing yet! Haha! 
  • Lol!  That's funny!  I can't believe how close our the due dates are to each other.  You're just 2 days ahead of me.  I love hearing all our SMBC stories!  Congrats!!!
  • Single momma by choice here!! Beat decision I’ve ever made!!