2nd Trimester
Options

Light Brown discharge

edited July 2022 in 2nd Trimester
I am 14 weeks now and experiencing light brown discharge since yesterday. I went to my doctor and got ultrasound done everything looks normal, my doctor suggested to take progesterone for a month and additional to this I’m also taking prenatal, folic acid and aspirin supplements due to history for miscarriage. Is taking so many medications good during pregnancy?

Re: Light Brown discharge

• Options
    Taking too many medications probably isn’t good ever, if you don’t need them. But you’re not taking anything that isn’t normally taken or recommended to pregnant women. I personally would trust my doctor, or find a different one that I did trust. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? I had brown discharge for almost the first 15 weeks. The doctor told me it was still always old blood. I made her do tests and everything to be sure, but it eventually did stop when all the old blood was out of my system.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about the number of medications. The supplements are standard, and the benefits of the aspirin and progesterone probably outweigh any downsides. Progesterone is also something your body makes naturally, so it's not like introducing an entirely foreign substance.

I've had the same concern, though. For my first pregnancy, all I had to take was a prenatal vitamin and fish oil( DHA wasn't included in my prenatal). This time, I'm on baby aspirin too and levothyroxine because I've been diagnosed with a blood disorder and hypothyroidism since last time. It's not ideal, but I know that getting a blood clot or having unhealthy thyroid levels are more dangerous for baby than the medicines I'm taking.

You're definitely not alone! I hope that the progestone helps clear up the discharge soon! Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. I am 14 weeks now.