1st Trimester
Options

High TSH of 9.83 at 6 Weeks

Hi everyone!

I had my first prenatal visit this week thinking I was 7 weeks but the ultrasound suggests that I am 6 weeks. This was a bit curious, so I am going back for another more detailed ultrasound next week to make sure everything is progressing as expected. That in itself has made me nervous, but now I am panicking as the results of my bloodwork from the prenatal visit have been rolling in. My TSH is very high at 9.83. I am starting Levothyroxine immediately but am beyond worried. Looking for some comfort and encouragement, and I am hoping someone who has experienced this and delivered a healthy baby could chime in to give me some hope.

Thank you.

Re: High TSH of 9.83 at 6 Weeks

• Options
    Hi! I have hypothyroidism. I had to up my levothyroxin dosage in my last pregnancy and my doctor already upped it in this pregnancy. It’s completely normal to have fluctuating tsh numbers and my son was born perfectly healthy. If your doctor was concerned they would have said something. Just make sure to go to your endocrinologist while you’re pregnant every few months. I get my thyroid levels checked every couple months. 
  • Options
    Thank you!  <3