March 2023 Moms
Options

PGAL check-in w/o 7/25

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Re: PGAL check-in w/o 7/25

• Options
    Weeks/EDD?
    4 weeks 5 days, EDD of March 30th
    Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 
    First pregnancy was a MMC. Blighted Ovum in January of 2022.   Had a D&C and recovered in Feb, then felt ready to try again the past 3 months.
    How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 
    Feeling SO anxious. Trying to be excited, but also preparing for the worst again.   I know I can only take it one day at a time, but I'm really hoping for the best.  Physically, I feel ok, a few symptoms, but am just second guessing my body all the time.  
    Any appointment updates? 
    First appointment is August 11th 
    Any big milestones?
    N/A
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Trying my best to find distractions while I play this waiting game.  Hopefully optimistic, but also ready for the worst again.  
  • Options
    Weeks/EDD? 6w4d March 16

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? Had a MMC at 10 weeks in October of 2021

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically, I'm crampy, my boobs are so incredibly sore. Nausea came and went for about 2 days. I was so worried that I didn't have it and then had the mixed feelings of yay nausea and ugh nausea haha. I didn't have it with my MMC. Emotionally trying to keep it together. I feel you @wunderkai it's so hard to do this. I had to bail last week because it because too hard to be here and be so uncertain. 

Any appointment updates? I had my appointment with my naturopath for my hormone testing. She couldn't order some other tests so my MW ordered them. I can see the results on my health website but I have no idea what they mean. Google says my progesterone is the high end of normal. I feel like if there was something wrong, she would have called me.

Any big milestones? Nope

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm so excited that 2 other woman in my close friends group are pregnant with me! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Weeks/EDD? March 14th, 7 weeks today!

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? I have 2 kids and I've had 6 losses. 1 of unknown gestation because I didn't know I was pregnant at the time, and 5 early losses at 5 weeks exactly or before. 4 of those losses happened in just the last 2 years of TTC baby #3.

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally I am terrified and anxious. Physically, I also feel awful haha.

Any appointment updates? No. My first ultrasound isn't until 10 weeks. And I have spent many a sleepless night trying to think up a way to get one earlier.

Any big milestones? Every week I go past 5 weeks is a big milestone for me but I won't feel safe until we've had a few ultrasounds.

Rants/Raves/Questions? DH has said he doesn't want to get excited or "make this a thing" or "make a big deal out of it" because of his own anxiety about loss, butt the other day he literally paused the show we were watching to spend an hour browsing baby name websites and make a list of names he likes so I know he's excited ❤️
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @mytrueloves I'm glad your H is warming up to it. It's hard to be excited for yourself when you don't have that support. And their anxiety about it just makes mine worse. 
  • Options
    @wunderkai it's so hard to stay positive, and so easy to start the spiral of doubt. I have a mantra taped to my computer that I read multiple times a day, it sort of helps. 

@miss_lynn9 I'm sorry it's been so stressful, but I'm glad to see you back this week <3

@mytrueloves its hard; you want to be excited, but you want to guard your hear too. I totally get it. 

Weeks/EDD? 6w4d, March 17

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? CP in 2019

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Mostly ok, just tired, pelvic pressure, waves of nausea. I keep freaking out because my boobs were incredibly sore with DD, like it was so painful to go over the train tracks. Now they feel full/heavy and a little sore but nothing like with my successful pregnancy. I keep comparing every little symptom to my pregnancy with her, and it's such a mind f*ck. Like logically I know every pregnancy is different, but all logic has left my brain. I keep taking cheapie HPTs every few days just to make sure the line is there and still dark. Not the healthiest coping mechanism, but it's where I am right now. 

Any appointment updates? Not until August 15

Any big milestones? I'm past 5w, which is when my first pregnancy ended. Every week is a milestone, but I probably wont feel better until I have my dating scan and see the heartbeat. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? NATM
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 it definitely doesn't help my own anxiety, that's true. Luckily I have my friends who are excited with me, no matter what happens and that helps. But it definitely started to make me nervous after he told me he didn't want me telling my family on our upcoming trip to see them (even tho I'll be further along than when we announced DD#2 and this is the only time I'll see them for a year) because we haven't had an ultrasound yet and don't know if anything's wrong. He's right, we don't know and that sent me into a little worry spiral.
    I'm still telling them, though.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @mytrueloves the way we looked at it was, would we tell them if something did happen? If yes then we told them I'm pregnant. He didn't tell 2 of his siblings, and one of them we only told because she told us she's pregnant so we decided to tell her.
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 do you mind if I ask about the hormone testing? Did they test after your other losses? Is there any intervention that can be done if one is out of range?

@bbrahmbhatt I peed on the cheap-o sticks for 3 days in a row to see if the line got darker and then my therapist told me to stop because I was going down a worm hole, and to stop googling my symptoms because it wasn't doing me any good for my anxiety :#  do you mind if I ask what your mantra is on your computer?

@mytrueloves I'm glad you are excited and telling them. It's nice to have support even if things don't go as planned.   
  • Options
    @wunderkai I don't mind at all! 

Long story short, prior to getting pregnant with DD2, my cycle was 25-60 days long, I had ovarian cysts, and other symptoms. I decided to request hormone testing. The OB and my GP said nothing was wrong with me so I took the results to a Naturopath who was shocked that she said nothing was wrong. Everything was out of wack. I wasn't TTC yet but she said there was no way I could get pregnant at the time and if I did, it wouldn't be viable. I worked with her to get them balanced. I changed my diet to basically a low glycemic diet, and I was on supplements, and seed cycling. I successfully got pregnant and had a very healthy pregnancy and baby. 

Fast forward 18 months after birth. We started TTC. I was successful but had a MMC. I decided to get my hormones tested because of my prior issues and it was determined that my progesterone wasn't getting high enough to help grow baby. I'm seeing the same Naturopath I was working with before. She changed my diet again but not so drastically, and I'm on supplements but different ones.

I don't have to take any western medicine, just herbs that are safe for baby. Which is great! 

If something is out of range during pregnancy, there are things that can be done. I just don't know what they are right now. 

She mentioned that a lot of woman who are on meds for hormones are taken off of them when they get pregnant and their doctors don't monitor their levels so they end up crashing and having a MC. We are trying to prevent that. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 😊
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 thank you! Very helpful. I'm spotting a bit today and currently freaking out. 
     I don't know if there's anything I can do at this point, but if this pregnancy doesn't work out I'll start getting tested. Ugh. Such a hard place to be in. 
  • Options
    Well update: I called my doctor who is out of office this week and she recommend I go to the ER to rule out an ectopic...so here I am. Waiting on an US, an HCG level draw, and probably a progesterone test. Please send allll your good vibes right now  :(
  • Options
    @wunderkai sending all the good vibes your way. Keep us updated ❤️
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    ETA I responded on the other thread. 
  • Options
    @wunderkai I'm so sorry to read your last update. How did everything go, if you feel up to answering. 

The mantra I have  (I used it for my last pregnancy too) is: Who knows what the next days and weeks will bring, but today this is your baby. Focus on today. I will love this baby for as long as I am able.