March 2023 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 7/25

Anyone else get irritated at YH for no apparent reason these days?

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 7/25

• Yep. I'm tired, feeling like poo, and just trying to keep up with everything. We also have soo many projects piling up so I've been pretty snappy even though he's doing all he can as fast as he can between work and just now starting to get over being extremely sick. And not like man cold sick, he had to do antibiotics, breathing treatments, the whole nine yards. I need to chill. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • One of my good friends that lives out of state had her baby yesterday! A perfect baby boy! 😍😍 It's making me so ready for March already! I just want those newborn cuddles!! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • Well now I feel like a major turd for being upset that he was being so slow on projects. My husband had to be up at 4:30 this morning to get to work early, got off work at 7pm, and now it's nearly midnight and he just finished putting the toilet in the bathroom we completely gutted so our company doesn't have to come through the master bedroom to use the bathroom at night. He's kind of amazing! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I cried at an episode of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel last night. So many hormones. 
  • muggsdmuggsd member
    @bbrahmbhatt are you watching the last season?? We watched the first few but lost interest by the time this one came out 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • muggsdmuggsd member
    Last night I was having all the anxiety cause I felt so good/not nauseated yesterday. Then this morning I woke up feeling like absolute crap. You get what you wish for I guess! 
  • @muggsd yeah, Susie gave a great monologue and I was crying lol. 
  • I don’t know where else to post this but my hubby came home from work sick yesterday and it’s the Rona.

I don’t need to panic right? I mean I am.. but worrying won’t get me anywhere right? 
  • mytruelovesmytrueloves member
    edited July 2022
    @muggsd I feel that so hard. If I have a day where I don't notice any pregnancy symptoms, I send myself into an anxious spiral. Then as soon as I feel nauseous again, I regret wishing that I was haha

@TortugaAzul I'm sorry that you're dealing with that while pregnant. You're right that worrying isn't going to help much. You can take precautions to try to avoid exposure from your hubby but you might also want to prepare now in case you get sick since you've likely already been exposed. Best of luck, fingers crossed you don't develop symptoms 🤞🏻
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Ugh I’m sorry @TortugaAzul. Try to segregate in the house as best you can and fingers crossed you somehow avoid it!
  • @TortugaAzul oh no. Praying it's mild for him and it skips you all together.

My sister made it yesterday and the rest of the people last minute had to cancel. I'm actually really glad they did so we could get some quality time together and I dont have to entertain.

She is watching my boys while I left for a quick grocery store trip alone. It's heavenly and I don't have to share snacks. My snack choices scream "I'm pregnant" 😂  now if this baby would let me eat real food it would be great! 

Also!!! One of our goats gave birth today. She rejected her last (her first) baby last year and this was her last chance. She did great!! A single little doe (girl). I'll post pics later! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • As if I wasn't already anxious enough 🤦🏻 I have a cold at the moment with raging sinus pressure so I googled what medications are safe to take during pregnancy and used whatever we already had at home because we're on a budget leading up to our family vacation in a week. That happened to be plain Tylenol. Today as hubby was leaving for work, I happened to be taking said Tylenol when he goes "you can't take Tylenol when you're pregnant!"
    I said "what do you mean? It's the only safe medicine we have right now."
    He goes, "well I just heard on the radio that Tylenol is linked to birth defects."
    I've been taking it every 8 hours for 3 days now 🤦🏻 that sent me down the Google rabbit hole. Thanks DH.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Well I got my sneak peek results back last night… they came back boy! So either I’m having another boy (in an endless sea of boys in both our families) or DH and DS contaminated the sample with their DNA which is very common lol. Guess we’ll find out at 20 weeks if it’s right! Definitely not announcing gender before then in case it’s wrong lol.
  • @mytrueloves I’ve only ever taken Tylenol during pregnancy and my son is healthy, smart, you name it. I was warned against ibuprofen. I would honestly consult your OB versus Google. 
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited July 2022
    @mytrueloves I took it during all 6 of my previous pregnancies and had zero issues. Like @mamahosch said, I'd definitely talk with your OB!

@mamahosch that's why I refuse to do sneak peak. I have 6 boys the chance or contamination is waaay too high even though I'm totally expecting another boy anyways 😂
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat, @mamahosch well the result of all that googling is that the studies are unconfirmed and Tylenol is still considered safe for pregnancy. I took it with both of my kids too with no issue. 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Exactly @mytrueloves. It’s one of those correlation, not causation relationships. I will try to use it more sparingly this pregnancy instead of popping like candy just in case 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • I'm so frustrated, one of the two midwife practices here put me on a waitlist since they're full for March. I really really hope I can get in with the other practice. I've been furiously applying to other practices out of town too. I just want a midwife 😭
  • @auriculatus ugh, how frustrating! I hope you find one that you like with an opening soon!
  • @auriculatus wow! They are full already?! That's insane. Praying you can get in with the other one! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @auriculatus ugh, how frustrating! I hope you find one that you like with an opening soon!
    Thanks! It's really the worst!

nopegoat said:
    @auriculatus wow! They are full already?! That's insane. Praying you can get in with the other one! 
    I was shocked too, I called in the middle of July! Midwives are in super high demand here since it's also covered by the government. Thank you, I'm really hoping I can get in with the other one too. I called them today and the midwives haven't been able to have their meeting and review intakes yet. I might have to go out of town but they have "catchment" areas and may not accept me. So frustrating. Ill continue seeing my family Dr for now anyway
  • 39 Hilarious Pregnancy Memes to Help You Get Through Every Trimester

We're going to the beach tomorrow, which will be fun but thinking about all the packing has me wanting to take a nap. Like an additional nap to the one I already want to take because ya know, pregnancy lol. 
  • @bbrahmbhatt I feel you. We are going to Canada next weekend (planned pre-pregnancy surprise) and I am SO GLAD I took an extra day off to pack. DD will be home with me but she still naps so SCORE for me!

its been dead at my hospital because July in Pennsylvania=less sick people. I’ve been able to leave early and take a catnap twice in the last week. What luck!
  • heytallmamaheytallmama member
    edited July 2022
    My kiddo has a fever and stomach ache (luckily not COVID!) so I have taken a sick day with her. Honestly, I haven't done this in ages to just hang out and watch TV and drink ginger ale and eat toast all day. Her upset stomach is very convenient with my picky eating right now!  :D 

Bonus: hired the 16 year old neighbor kid to mow our lawn for us. It's been in a state so I'm so grateful I can just text him and he comes over. Well worth the money and convenience! Plus, my daughter (6.5) is obsessed with him so it's very cute to watch her stare out the window lol 
  • @bbrahmbhatt the exhaustion is unreal this time around. I’m good in the morning but I want to take 10 long naps by 2:00 😭
  • mamahosch said:
    @bbrahmbhatt the exhaustion is unreal this time around. I’m good in the morning but I want to take 10 long naps by 2:00 😭
    That's exactly me too! And by 2:00 I'm getting my "afternoon sickness" it's the worst!

Got my hCG test back and it's gone up over 10x since last monday. I'm so freaking relieved, I was freaking out all day 🙃
  • Well guys. I got the ‘Rona. Somehow I’m more exhausted than I thought possible. 

Trying to keep up fluids but everything still makes me nauseous. Yay. 
  • @TortugaAzul oh no! I hope you feel better quickly!

It's been a rough day here. Because I am not tired enough and don't have enough to do, we get to add a bottle baby goat to the mix. This was Momma's second chance and it started out soo good. I don't know why she's rejecting it now. 

, 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @TortugaAzul Fingers crossed for none or minor symptoms! *hugs*
  • My hubby, 2 yr old and I all have Covid. It’s miserable 😫
  • Hi everyone