2nd Trimester
Options

Positive COVID 22 weeks

I just tested positive for Covid yesterday, this is my first time getting Covid and I’m double vaccinated and boosted. I have a cough and mild body aches, drinking lots of fluids and resting. I normally take Emergen-C and zinc/elderberry lozenges when I’m sick but since my dr’s office is closed I’m not sure if these are ok to be taken while pregnant. Anyones doctors tell then what medications and vitamins/supplements are ok to take when you get Covid? I didn’t sleep last night because I kept waking up coughing. 

Re: Positive COVID 22 weeks

• Options
    When I had covid in May, I was told Tylenol for fever and pure Robitussin (no combo meds) for a cough if I needed it. I think they said non menthol cough drops. They recommended daily baby aspirin to prevent clots but I was supposed to start that at 12 weeks anyways for gestational hypertension from my 1st pregnancy. They also prescribed monoclonal antibody treatment which you have to get within 7 days. Didn't necessarily get me better faster, but I didn't get worse. I'm also double vaxxed and boosted. Good luck! Feel better!
  • Options
    Oh no! I hope it passes quickly! 

When I got COVID at 12 weeks (also was boosted), my doctor told me to start low-dose aspirin 81mg right away to prevent blood clots in the placenta, which can happen with COVID. Also, she said that if my temperature went over 100.4, I should take 650 mg of Tylenol, which can be taken every 6 hours if the fever persists. 

For my cough, I slept with a humidifier, used cough drops that just had pectin and no other active ingredient (Luden's), and also took Dextromethorphan when my cough was at its worst.

Have you tried calling your doctor's office even though it's the weekend? When I got COVID, I discovered that my OB practice has an on-call doctor 24/7 for weekend or nighttime situations like this. 

Attaching a photo of the allowed medications list from my OB.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much for this list!