March 2023 Moms
Options

Anyone else experiencing cramps?

I’m 4 weeks 5 days and I’m experiencing cramps that come and go. I am not spotting, but this is still giving me a lot of anxiety. I had a chemical pregnancy last month. So I’m just very nervous. I had severe fatigue and nausea last month. This months symptoms are similar but less severe so far. Has this happened to anyone else? 

Re: Anyone else experiencing cramps?

• Options
    syfyhikersyfyhiker member
    edited July 2022
    ** TW brief mention of previous loss**

I also have had cramping on and off. It is not on one side and it is minor. My doctor said it sounded normal but to call if it became very painful and/or on one side.

Could be the increased blood flow, implantation, and/or your uterus preparing for baby.

I have less cramping this week. I’m currently 5w2d. They also did blood tests last week at 4w3d and 4w6d and my results confirmed the pregnancy and were what they expected and raising.

I also had a chemical pregnancy previously and during that I didn’t have cramps until the loss was occurring and it was like period cramps which is worse than what I feel now.

Everyone is different though. Call your doctor if you’re really concerned.

And stay hopeful! I know I’m doing my best to do the same.
  • Options
    Thank you for your input! It’s been lonely this time around, I haven’t told family or friends yet. 

Hope all is well! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Also getting some cramps. I’m 4 weeks 2 days. I’ve noticed some of my other symptoms like fatigue, sore breasts and strong smells subsiding. Only the mild cramps seem to be sticking around. The fact that other symptoms are going away has me terrified! We’ve been trying for about a year and this is my first positive test. Also feeling the loneliness!
  • Options
    syfyhikersyfyhiker member
    edited July 2022
    I hear you. We are in the same boat here. Didn’t want to share this time around for fear of another loss.

I was also more nauseous and tired last time around than this time. But I stopped having symptoms right before my chemical pregnancy loss started. I actually took a pregnancy test again the day before because I didn’t feel pregnant anymore. It was still positive but obviously my hcg was just coming down.

Not feeling that sick, but having cramps this time around definitely freaked me out too. It’s weird to hope to feel sick lol A lot of people don’t feel sick until week 6. I’m like bring it on! I want to know I’m pregnant every second of the day. I’ll probably regret that later lol.

Everything is different for me this time around though. This time I’m also waking up 2 hours earlier than normal and waking up at least once in the middle of the night to pee and drink water and then I can’t sleep for at least an hour. Usually 3am to 4:30am!

We got this though! Hoping for sticky babies for us!
  • Options
    I totally feel you on wanting to feel sick! It’s extra reassurance. 

I’ve been repeating mantras all day to attract sticky baby energy 🙏🌈
  • Options
    One of my first symptoms was cramps! Not as bad as period cramps, but weird pulling feeling cramps. Then gas cramps 😂 I'm 7w1d now. I still get crampy feelings sometimes. Our uteruses are growing after all. But honestly if you're worried, get some bloodwork done and it may ease your mind ❤️
  • Options
    Hi everyone! We're trying to keep the board a bit more organized so things are easier to find and the conversations are easier to keep track of. Can we move this discussion to the symptoms thread for the week, or the PGAL thread if you would like to focus more on the anxieties that come with being pregnant after a loss. Thanks! <3
  • Options
    I also have suffered a chemical pregnancy before this positive result.  My ob appt isn’t for another week and a half. I have crazy cramps on my left side, which I’m hoping is normal. It feels like my ovulation cramps or even the same pain I had when I gave birth to my son 10 years ago. Hoping we all have sticky babies , sending love to all ❤️🙏
  • Options
    I am also experiencing a lot of cramping at 5 weeks. TMI but I almost feel like I have to go number 2 every 10 min but nothing comes out. Just cramps.
  • Options

Once you become pregnant, the uterus will begin to grow. As it does this, you'll likely feel mild cramping in your lower abdomen or lower back. This may feel like pulling, pressure, or stretching. It may even be similar to typical menstrual cramps. feeling tired during pregnancy, the safes side. Hormonal changes at this time can make you feel tired, nauseous, and emotional also. At four weeks pregnant, cramping might worry you, but it actually may be a sign that the baby has properly implanted in the lining of the uterus. Fatigue is one of the symptoms of early pregnancy, and it's no wonder you're growing a brand new person inside your body. Talk to your doctor while you are feeling nauseated.

• Options
    6w4d...i have cramps mostly at night when I get in bed. Idk if laying down brings them to the surface? Often I've found that it's actually just gas though lol
  • Options
    muggsdmuggsd member
    @whichwitch yes to the cramping - I often get it around dinnertime, and for me it's worse when standing. But it's almost always gas pain (I tend to get it often because I have to take iron supplements)
  • Options
    I did not expect cramping (its my first pregnancy), and it freaks me out! Ive noticed it seems a bit better if i support my belly (im plus size). 5w4d today, and praying everything goes well!!
  • Options
    Yes, cramps here too! I have them right away in the morning when I'm laying down and a little bit early morning. This is our third and I can't remember if I had this with my other girls this early (certainly had it later)  - it's amazing how much you forget!
  • Options
    @whichwitch I’m so glad you said that! I have experienced most of the cramping in the evening too! I wonder if some of it is gas pain mixed with stretching. I’m currently 6 weeks today so fingers crossed 🤞🏻