EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: Would you rather fight 1 horsed size duck, or 10 duck sized horses? 
Me: 34  DH: 34
Married 10/28/17
Our TTC Journey
TTC #1 February '18
Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: Weekly Check-in July 18th

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    justkpjustkp member
    @nwshay Omg, that's fantastic news that all is looking good with your baby and a good heart rate after your scare ❤  Must have been such a tough couple of weeks, delighted for you! 
  • Options
    nwshaynwshay member
    Thank you so much @justkp! I feel like I can breathe again. 
  • Options
    justkpjustkp member
    @nwshay I'll believe that alright!!!! Brilliant ❤ I wish you the smoothest, easiest, best pregnancy going forward! 
  • Options
    2/18/23 // 9w2d
    Cherry
    STM
    Team Green 

First prenatal visit tomorrow!!

I’m feeling very tired, random nausea, and very irritable. I’m so thrilled because I just found out my friend is also pregnant!! We’re about 6 weeks apart (she JUST found put).

My only rant is that I can’t seem to ever get any time alone. WFH husband, toddler on break from preschool, 2 dogs….. this mom needs a BREAK and some silence. 

Question for the group: are you going midwife or OB? 

GTKY: for sure the small horses. Ducks are not my thing! 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days:  10 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): pecan? These size comparisons have never made sense to me. 

FTM/STM/TTM+:  TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Green

Upcoming Appointments:  not until August 15. So far away…

How are you feeling?:  the nausea seems to be getting worse and not better. Sigh

Rants/Raves: had a fun time with the kids this past weekend visiting family and going to the local rodeo. My son had so much fun and squealed every time he saw a horse. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Would you rather fight 1 horsed size duck, or 10 duck sized horses?  I am with @runningyogimama a horse sized duck sounds terrifying. I’ll go with 10 horses. 
  • Options
    justkpjustkp member
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 9+0

Baby is the size of a(n): small date 

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out. My stepmom got busy knitting stuff in pink (as that is the yarn she had lying around), but honestly I wouldn't mind putting my baby boy in a pink (stoller bag - unsure of the very literal translation to English here...).

Upcoming Appointments: Dr's appointment early august and second scan soon after. 

How are you feeling?: I'm doing okay. Last week was better symptoms-wise than this one has been so far. Emotionally I'm a bit more stable than I have been.

Rants/Raves: I bought a super family friendly car, and I'm very stoked about it. Apart from the fact that I have never bought anything half as expensive! 😱 

Questions: Nah

Bring on the tiny horses, not sure I'd want to fight them though 😀 

• Options
    justkpjustkp member
    mama529 Midwife. Going private clinic (if I have a problem free pregnancy), no dr on hand and hoping to stay far away from the hospital :-) 
  • Options
    @mama529 I have the best OB! I didn’t really know much about midwives 10 years ago when I was pregnant with my first, to be honest, so I only researched OBs, but love my doctor. She’s super low-key, low-intervention, listens and answers questions and does what you are wanting, etc. One of her partners did end up delivering my oldest (born on a very busy Sunday and she was the one on call) and my husband felt she rushed me since they were busy and ended up doing an episiotomy (but there was also meconium in my water), but my second and third were deliveries with her and fantastic.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    seeds_of_joyseeds_of_joy member
    edited July 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days:  Feb 21st/ 9 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

FTM/STM/TTM+: 6th baby, 10th  pregnancy 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out

Upcoming Appointments: not until August 9th. My 12 week appointment will be my first.

How are you feeling?: Still struggling with night sickness but much better the rest of the day! It's more like feed-the-baby-or-feel-hungover sickness. I'm also super bloated and gained 6 pounds so I look funny in all my clothes but at least I can wear them. And I sleep a long time at night.

Rants/Raves: I'm so happy we finally figured out what to do for care. I visited a birth center in the middle of an Amish area but it was too far from the hospital. My really sweet obgyn is leaving so I visited a new one. But she was a little too close to the hospital if that makes sense. It just didn't feel right. So I called the midwife who delivered my last 3 boys at home. She had one opening for February and is confident that my age and previous scary placenta issue aren't factors against homebirth. Plus we live 2 blocks from a hospital. So I feel good about going this route again. I just really wanted to explore my options and wasn't sure if our under construction house would be up to par. We have time though.

The horses for sure. 
  • Options
    ccp211ccp211 member
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 8 weeks + some days! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: definitely want to find out when I can!

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing until 20 weeks 😩 but I might try and see if I can squeeze in another appt before then 😂

How are you feeling?: the last few days have been the worst. All day nausea at its worst. Thank goodness I haves thrown up yet but I am queasy almost the entire day. Have to constantly have snacks to survive 😩 hoping it goes away later this week

Rants/Raves: None yet!

Questions: Does anyone have any personal experience delivering with fibroids? I learned I have a small one on the right side of my uterus at my first ultrasound and that they can cause complications for natural birth. 

GTKY: Would you rather fight 1 horsed size duck, or 10 duck sized horses? 10 duck sized horses for sure 😂
  • Options
    @mama529 I go to an OB at a birthing center, so it’s a mix of both! It’s a teaching center so they encourage lots of questions, have an IBCLC on staff and are super good about minimizing interventions. The woman who was training when I had my last baby (who ended up catching her when she was born) is my doctor this time around!

EDD / Weeks + Days: Feb 5/ 11w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): Lime (which I’ve been craving in the form of a frozen margarita 😫)

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding Out

Upcoming Appointments: Had my 1 hour glucose test this morning (I had GD previously so testing early) and have 12 week OB Appt this coming Monday!

How are you feeling?: I feel great! The nausea and fatigue have lessened and I’m not spotting anymore 🤞

Rants/Raves: I’m finally over the nausea and then had the glucola drink this morning which always makes me wanna 🤢 So awful. How have they not found a better way to test for gestational diabetes by now??

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Would you rather fight 1 horsed size duck, or 10 duck sized horses? 10 tiny horses for sure 😆
  • Options
    I feel like I've been MIA for a good month, but I'm back from my cross country vaca with family!  Soo happy to be home but going to miss the help and not having to cook dinner every night...  I've been following along when I can, so glad to see this board is so active! 

@ladykaty91 we're due date twins!!  I think i've seen another Feb 5th or two floating around, too.  And is that early for the glucose test?  I usually don't have it until closer to 26 weeks.  Unpopular opinion, but I think the lime green one ain't so bad..! 

@LaceyBee522 I cannot believe the twin surprise!! Congrats!! So so exciting but I'm sure a whirlwind...I'm sure you won't be the last on this board, I love reading the Twins & multiples threads! 

EDD / Weeks + Days: Feb 5th, 11 weeks 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n):  a lime

FTM/STM/TTM+:  TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Not sure yet....we have one of each already so really don't care, I kind of like the idea of the tiebreaker being a surprise 

Upcoming Appointments: Had my first appt with my new practice today.  Had bloodwork taken for the NIPT/cell free DNA to determine gender and check for downs/chromosomal abnormalities, but was bummed that they didn't do a nuchal translucency ultrasound as well like my previous practice.  Any opportunity to see the bean is reassuring!!  But we did check heartbeat and it was strong, so that was good! 

How are you feeling?:  Overall OK, the nausea still comes in waves especially if I let myself get too hungry.  And exhausted but I think that's mainly from my trip  

Rants/Raves:  I think I'm going to miss my old OB practice in the city, everything out here in the burbs just seems so much...slower?!  They said it was going to take 7-10 business days to get my NIPT results back, when it only took 3 days in the city with my first two. And the wait times in the waiting room and in the lab were so much longer today.  Of course I have only one appointment to go off of, but I'm feeling like I'm not in kansas anymore  :D

Questions: NATM 

GTKY: Would you rather fight 1 horsed size duck, or 10 duck sized horses?  Also going with the tiny horses - a super sized duck does not sound cute to me
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 9w…3 days? Somewhere around there

Baby is the size of a(n): pecan

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTW

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out for sure. I don't do well with uncertainty.

Upcoming Appointments: next Wednesday the 27th. 

How are you feeling?: gross. Its the best way to put it really. i have a tiny bit more energy but I feel overall disgusting.

Rants/Raves: H has taken over, like, everything. Its been really nice.

GTKY: Would you rather fight 1 horsed size duck, or 10 duck sized horses? Idk that Id make it out of either fight, so whatever kills me faster. 
  • Options
    @sophe15 Lol, yes, feeling disgusting pretty much sums it up right now for me, too!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 10W and something

Baby is the size of a(n): Kumquat?

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out 

Upcoming Appointments: Next week - ultrasound to see how everything is tracking and then hopefully settling in with new OBGYN at Kaiser in early August 

How are you feeling?: Still sick- I feel like the weekly “your nausea is probably going away” thing on the websites is just mocking me, lol. Also, my skin is driving me crazy. Between super itchy legs (which happened last pregnancy for whatever reason, too) and my nipples feeling like they’re going to crack/fall off every time my toddler nurses, I’m having a rough go of it. Trying to ween her off!

Rants/Raves: Rant- if being pregnant in the summer could be completely avoided, I don’t think any women would deal with it. It’s been so hot and humid, I think it’s definitely contributing to my nausea. Rave- got one letter of recommendation back from my team so far- yay!! Hopefully a good job interview comes of it.

Questions: Has anybody else experienced the itchy legs thing? It’s mostly my lower legs, no rash. I think it might be a liver thing related to a medication I had to take for epilepsy for about 20 years, but I’m not sure.

Both sound pretty creepy, but I guess I’d go for the tiny horses. Sounds like something I’d experience in one of my weirdly vivid pregnancy dreams! 😂

• Options
    @cpk3535 I went through that nursing while pregnant nipples cracking off experience 4 times (I love your description by the way) 😂 so glad I don't have to deal with it this time. Nothing makes you ween faster than being pregnant. I was never one to try tandem feeding!
  • Options
    lolly-poplolly-pop member
    edited July 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: Feb 12th (moved up a whole day)/ 10wks 3d

Baby is the size of a(n): a kumquat

Team blue/pink/green: Team Pink (as long as the gender blood test was accurate...I had my NIPT test done today, so that should confirm it in about a week.)

Upcoming Appointments: next OB on 8/29th

How are you feeling?: Still feeling like crap. Doctor confirmed Monday that I have officially lost 5 lbs in less than 3 weeks, so I am very likely going to end up with another HG diagnosis. To add to my already complicated pregnancy, I landed in the ER last night when a day of vomiting resulted in puking up blood. They treated me for dehydration, a Mallory-Weiss tear, gave me 2 rounds of IV phenergan and sent me home. I still feel crummy, but I’ve been able to keep down at least 1 meal.

Rants/Raves: Our neighbor is a terrible secret keeper and it's really frustrating. She figured out that I was pregnant because I couldn't hide the nausea/vomiting while we were out to lunch. No big deal, right? But then she told her husband, who told our other neighbor, who then told his wife. Annoying, but whatever. Nope, this weekend, I found out that she accidentally let it slip to like half our neighborhood and now I'm super frustrated. She has 3 kids and has never had a MC, but I have, and while I am not one to keep it a super secret, I want to be the one to decide who knows and when. If the worst were to happen, I certainly don't want to either have to tell the entire neighborhood that I have MC'd or face uncomfortable and potentially hurtful questions from those who haven't been informed. 

Questions: none

GTKY: Would you rather fight 1 horsed size duck, or 10 duck sized horses? I don’t want to fight them, I want to keep them! The duck could be a mount and the horses could be house pets! 

@cpk3535, I don’t get itchy legs, specifically. But my whole body itches at times, with or without a rash. I’ve been assured by my OB that it’s normal, and that my skin just doesn’t like being pregnant. I would still bring it up to your OB provider, especially with your concern about your liver. 

@ccp211 no appointments between 8 and 20 weeks? 😳 At both the clinics I’ve been seen at, as well as the 3 I’ve worked at, appointments were every 4 weeks up until 26 weeks, then they became increasingly more frequent as you got closer to delivery. 

@Mama529 the naval hospital here (where all military members/dependents have to deliver) has both nurse midwives and OBs on staff. I really enjoy the mix, because I prefer to see the midwives, but if something comes up that needs MD/DO intervention, that is available too. 
  • Options
    ccp211ccp211 member
    @lolly-pop I know! I thought the same thing, but then checked my calendar and completely forgot I have an appointment with my midwife around 12 weeks 😂 my bad. 
  • Options
    @cpk3535 I was pregnant earlier this year (blighted ovum) and that was my biggest symptom, I was sooo itchy everywhere. The few friends that knew I was pregnant who are also moms, had no idea what I was talking about. Like, I guess that wasn't ever a symptom they encountered. It was driving me insane. 
    This time around I have slight itchyness, but mostly on my stomach and boobs, and def nothing compared to last time. 
  • Options
    justkpjustkp member
    @tessiesmom26 We got a Skoda Enyaq. An electric SUV, I think the model might only be available in Europe for the time being (?) but it's meant to be a brilliant family car. So I'm over the moon ❤
  • Options
    justkpjustkp member
    @lolly-pop Unbelievable!!! That is so mean of her to share your news without your consent! 
  • Options
    @cpk3535 same. I read the little blurb on the Ovia app when I change weeks and it had said something about starting to feel better the last couple of weeks. Ummm no but thanks for rubbing it in that some people get relief. 

@lolly-pop how rude of your neighbor. Not their news to share. Also hope you start feeling better soon! 

@tessiesmom26 so exciting to make it to 12 weeks and get to share the news! 

• Options
    nwshaynwshay member
    @kristinl492 I'm sorry that you're dealing with a SCH as well. It sucks. What have they told you as far as restrictions go?
  • Options
    kristinl492kristinl492 member
    edited July 2022
    @nwshay nope, they didn’t give me any restrictions. I’ve been taking it upon myself to try and take it easy, avoid lifting my toddler as much as possible, and just stay extra hydrated. I have another US today and my OB appointment on Monday, so we’ll see what they have to say. 
  • Options
    nwshaynwshay member
    @kristinl492 good luck! I had an appt yesterday and she took off the restrictions I had, and just said you avoid lifting, but anything I could do before I was pregnant, I can do now despite the SCH. She also said that in her opinion it does not increase the risk of MC, but I've read other things. I hope she's right. 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days:  12+0

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

FTM/STM/TTM+: FST

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue based on NIPT

Upcoming Appointments: Check up on Tuesday, no US scheduled though

How are you feeling?: nauseous and fatigued, but not too bad

Rants/Raves: I had a car accident about a month ago that totaled my car (only a hand injury though) and we’re waiting on a new car to come in “probably in August” which… oof. We needed to upgrade anyway, but the market right now is WILD!

Questions: nope

GTKY: Would you rather fight 1 horsed size duck, or 10 duck sized horses? 10 duck sized horses. Ducks are terrifying, and horses at least can’t fly.