February 2023 Moms
Options

Pregnant After Loss 7/7

*** TW: Loss will be mentioned throughout this thread (without TWs on individual posts). Please read with caution and care ***

How far along are you?

What is your loss history (if you'd like to share it)?

Do you have any upcoming milestones?

How are you feeling?

Any questions or concerns?
Me: 34  DH: 34
Married 10/28/17
Our TTC Journey
TTC #1 February '18
Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: Pregnant After Loss 7/7

• Options
    How far along are you? 10w1d

What is your loss history (if you'd like to share it)? Two MMC/BOs that led to D&Cs July '21 and Feb '22

Do you have any upcoming milestones? My next will be making it to 12 weeks

How are you feeling? Morning sickness is kicking my ass, and I am exhausted, but otherwise doing okay. I had my intake appt with the nurse today and got some direction on next step appts and testing, so that made me feel better. Just wanting to make it through until 12 weeks!

Any questions or concerns? Will the anxiety ever go away? I am on meds and see a therapist each week, but I am still so anxious. I miss when I was just able to enjoy pregnancy and was so oblivious to the what-ifs. 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    How far along are you? 8W2D

What is your loss history (if you'd like to share it)? I had one miscarriage in September 2018 at 11W with an emergency D&C.

Do you have any upcoming milestones? This week is the four year anniversary of when we got pregnant for that miscarriage. It was a really stressful, dramatic summer that I’m sure contributed to the miscarriage.

How are you feeling? I’m feeling pretty comfortable now- almost a little too comfortable sometimes?? I’ve been tired, cranky, feeling on and off sick, but overall I’m getting by really easily compared to lots of other women in our group. Sometimes that reminds me a little too much of how smoothly I thought everything was going during that pregnancy. I’m still nervous sharing with anybody and feel like I’m sharing too soon…

Any questions or concerns? Despite seeing a heartbeat and a quick ultrasound, I’m still a little concerned that things could immediately change. Otherwise, I’m just trying to take deep breaths and stay calm!! I think I’ll feel better when we hit like 12 weeks.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7 weeks, 2 days

What is your loss history (if you'd like to share it)? Miscarriage in 7th week 5 years ago and chemical pregnancy last year and 2 this year.

Do you have any upcoming milestones? 8 weeks.

How are you feeling? Like crap most of the time but I figured that's good. 

Any questions or concerns? I'm just too exhausted and nauseated to figure out what to do for prenatal care so I'm unable to even see how baby is doing. I'm stressed out about not knowing where to go today.

• Options
    I do have one question, maybe @seeds_of_joy  could answer- how do you know you’ve had a chemical pregnancy? The reason I ask is we’ve been trying/not working for about two years now, and I’ve had some aggressive, late, oddly heavy periods through that time. I mostly just gave up on testing, so I’m not sure if I had any fleeting PPTs. Usually when I did, my period started a day later and then had lots more debris/tissue in it than normal. Possibly chemical pregnancies?
  • Options
    @cpk3535 if your periods are normally on time, it could be. I only knew because I'm very regular and a test junkie too. I saw the lines and usually knew for a few days to a week that I was pregnant. Then the line faded and I got my period. Mine were usually normal periods though (unlike my miscarriage on week 7) and with chemicals they are usually before 5 weeks so your period would probably be a week late or a bit less even.  
  • Options
    P.s. I think I did have some extra clots now that I think of it. The cramping or bleeding wasn't any worse though.
  • Options
    emy162emy162 member
    How far along are you? 8w 3d 

Missed Miscarriage in February 2022, identified at ultrasound at 8w 4d.

I have a 2nd ultrasound July 12, will be 9w 1d.

How are you feeling?
    Im *terrified* for the 2nd ultrasound.  The 1st one last week at 7w 3d went well, 164 heartbeat and measured on track.  I have hyperemesis gravidarum (I'm definitely continuously spelling that wrong lol) so I've been throwing up such a crazy amount and eating mostly just crackers and things like that. I'm getting infusion therapy at the hospital routinely but I'm still scared that this can't be good for the baby.  My miscarriage in February was a missed miscarriage, I was still throwing up/nauseous and had every symptom strongly, so I thought everything was good, but then that ultrasound turned tragic so very quickly.  Anyways sorry for being a downer, I'm just such a mixed ball of emotions today - anxious, happy, sad, excited, scared, so very grateful, and overall just sick AF lol. 🤢

Not right now :) 

Emy
  • Options
    Posting this here as I think it's the right place. The last few days I have had some tinged CM, that's tan/brown. It was only a speck or two when I would wipe, and then would immediately go away. Yesterday at my intake appt I told the nurse and she scheduled me this morning to get swabbed for infection, but said she didn't think it was anything to get concerned about. Last night I went to the bathroom and when I wiped, there was a lot more of this CM. I immediately freaked out and thought about heading to the ER to get checked. I called the on-call OB instead to see what I should do. 

I told her my history and she said that clinically nothing seemed wrong (she assured me that she completely understood why I was scared and that she would be too in my position) but that she didn't feel I had to be seen right away, especially since I have an appt this morning. There was no more last night, so I am hoping that everything is okay, but the time is dragging until I get to my appt later this morning....
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    emy162emy162 member
    @tessiesmom26 I'm so sorry you are feeling these worries - I totally know you feel!  After a MMC in February any little thing is making me panic.

I had similar experience at about 7w pregnant (now 8w 4d) and was told it's very normal.  I was told it is a healthy sign - it is fluid and dead cells clearing out.  The brownish coloring is likely old blood that has been in the uterus a while and is coming out slowly.

Not sure if we had exactly the same symptom, but hopefully sharing this info I received helps.  I was very worried, but after messaging with and then talking directly to my doctor I felt a bit better! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9w 3 days :)

I had a miscarriage in January at 11 weeks. It was very difficult.

my 3 month mark appointment is this month!! 

How are you feeling?
    tired, moody and nauseous in mornings. 

anyone else feel really tired? 
  • Options
    emy162emy162 member
    edited July 2022
    I am really freaking myself this afternoon.  I got fluids at the hospital yesterday (been dealing with HG and got quite dehydrated), and have felt pretty good today.  I'm nauseous, but I've been able to eat food, haven't vomited once, and even walked 3.5 miles this morning.  Every other day has been zero exercise and a lot of throwing up and a struggle to eat like anything. 

I know rationally that I likely just feel better from fluids treatment yesterday.  I also know symptoms can ebb and flow.  But with my MMC in February my symptoms dropped ever so slightly in the days leading up that ultrasound too.  So I'm just really panicking that that is what is happening vs the more likely story of the fluids making me feel better.  Anxious AF :(:( . 
  • Options
    nwshaynwshay member

How far along are you? 6+6 (measuring 6+3)

What is your loss history (if you'd like to share it)? 1 CP, MC, live baby, MC, MC and now 

Do you have any upcoming milestones? I'll have a doctor phone visit on Monday to discuss my last u/s from Friday, then another u/s on the 18th

How are you feeling? Physically good! Mentally very up and down. I'm not sure if everyone saw my posts but this past week has been very stressful..last Friday I started bleeding but thankfully all my tests have looked good, shockingly (especially given my history). I had an ultrasound last week, and there was no fetal pole, repeated yesterday and the results were good! Except for a subchorionic hematoma, likely causing the bleeding, and a very low heartbeat. I'm definitely worried but trying to focus on the positives. Right now we have a baby with a heartbeat. 

Any questions or concerns. Just everything above I guess! I'd love to hear success stories with having a low BPM and a healthy baby. 
  • Options
    @emy162 Thank you for sharing. My Dr was not concerned at all when I went in, he said there was no active bleed and everything felt like it should for how far along I am. He did a swab which did come back positive, so I'm guessing he will put me on antibiotics for that, and he scheduled a US for this coming Friday just for peace of mind. I felt better after talking with him because even though the on call dr told me all the same things, it just felt more validating because we were face to face. 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    emy162emy162 member
    I am 9w today. I have my 2nd ultrasound tomorrow and I'm so very anxious waiting for it.  I can barely focus on work! This is about the timeframe in February that I had the MMC diagnosed, no heartbeat at ultrasound.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    8 weeks + 1 day

I had a miscarriage in Dec. 2021 at about 9 weeks (never got to see the doctor before it happened).

12 weeks and my first doctor appt!

How are you feeling?
    Pretty nervous. It feels so weird walking around knowing that I am pregnant but absolutely nothing else. Trying to balance feeling excited and worrying.

Has anyone who’s had a baby before ever had to wait till 10-12 week mark for the very first prenatal appt? When I spoke on the phone to my dr. office, they told me they use the positive home test as the “confirmation” and don’t actually do confirmation appts. They go straight into prenatal, and do your first appt between 10-12 weeks with the first blood work being done the week before your appt. When I was pregnant before, I hadn’t even made it far enough to have had blood work done or my first appt before the miscarriage started. So I’m a little concerned, but to the best of my knowledge, this is the best care team/hospital to work with in my area that’s still a reasonable distance from me!

I hope everything goes well for all of you, and glad to know it’s not just me worrying about the worst happening again.