Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Question about diaper cream..

My LO has a rash now and then inside his butt crack where it becomes darker red than normal with tiny, white pimple like spots. 
I have been told to let him "air out" and after a pee let him go without a diaper for awhile. But I just..don't want when he needs to go to get it on anything/me. Then was advised to rub the zinc  cream in when I swipe it through his butt crack. 
I don't use a lot, think of the size of a dime or penny. 

I'm usually quick to change diapers, but now and then it looks like an uncomfortable time for him. 

What actions do you find works best? 

Re: Question about diaper cream..

• Options
    When my LO starts to break out with a rash I give him a mini bath to sooth his bottom and after I use aquaphor healing ointment. It could be the butt paste or ointment you're using for your baby. Try different ones and see which works best for your LO. 
  • Options
    Lay a blanket down to protect the floor and let him air out. The skin needs to have time to air out and not have trapped moisture. It doesn’t have to be all day, just a little time here and there after diaper changes. If you’re worried about pee on the floor now when it’s a tiny amount, you will be in for a rude awakening when it’s time to potty train. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It could be your wipes or diapers. Since my baby was born until about 3 months she had the worst rashes on her buttcrack. I changed the wipes I was using and she hasnt had a rash since. The only way I figured out it was the wipes was I blew my nose with one and my face turned red. Also I was advised that you dont have to wipe them when its just pee. So at night I only use wipes when my LO poops and that has greatly reduced irritation too. I dont use any diaper creams (only breastmilk and coconut oil in the bath to help with moisturizing) and she has not had a rash in months.