C-sections

What to expect for a c section

This would be my first. I had my son naturally, but for safety reasons ill be having this baby at 34 weeks. What can i expect? And what about afterwards?

I an anxious because this is the first time I've had any major surgery. Any tips,suggestions would be very helpful. Thank you 

Re: What to expect for a c section

• m2am2a member
    edited July 2022
    Hi!  I can honestly say that when I had my first, I really wanted a c-section. Natural birth gave me tons of anxiety. Long story short, after a 3 day long failed induction, I was given a c-section. It was so quick and I didn’t feel a thing during it. Afterwards I was sore and moved a bit slower but that was pretty much it for me. The cut is below the bikini line and it healed very nicely. I was nervous and fried after 3 days of nothing happening but it went well. I’m expecting a second baby now and am fully expecting to have this baby via c-section. I wish you the best and hope this helped a little.
  • Thats awesome! I am glad you had a good experience. It does put my ming at ease, so I really appreciate your insight. What did you use heal? Products wise or special belly bands?
  • Loading the player...
  • m2am2a member
    I am glad I was able to help!   :)

I honestly don’t remember. I’m sure it was dressed and I was given this thing that looked like a waist cincher to wear. I was told to wash with gentle soap and to make sure it’s clean.  Once it was fully healed you can find a topical creme to help with scarring but they didn’t want me putting stuff on it while fresh. I really didn’t use anything special once healed and the scarring doesn’t look bad. Doc did a good job. I wish you an easy and speedy c-section. 
  • Hi , I was wondering I am having my first this July is my expected date , but I want to opt for a c section instead due to my anxiety about vaginal child birth , can you opt or select to have a c section ?
  • Yes, you can! My doctor knows I have been having severe anxiety and told me if I would rather have a c-section I just need to tell her. Talk to your doctor and let them know how afraid you are and they should allow you to have one.