March 2023 Moms
Options

Announcements?

Have you all thought about how you'll announce your pregnancies? When you will tell close family/friends? If/when you'll announce on social media? 

I'll only be like 4.5 weeks this weekend when we travel to visit family but I thought of getting DS a "big brother" shirt to wear. We won't tell the rest of the world until later but I know I'll want to celebrate with family. 
FTM
July 4th

Re: Announcements?

• Options
    I've already told most of my family since we're really close knit. I want to do a football themed announcement on social media late August, but I haven't come up with a good pun yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I’ll tell our families once we get the first ultrasound done on august 9! I was going to get my son a big brother shirt and do an “only child expiring March 2023” photoshoot for announcing to everyone else! 
  • Options
    muggsdmuggsd member
    We've announced relatively early in the past, but my in-laws are coming to stay with us this week and I'm SO not ready to tell them. So I'm very prepared with non-alcoholic wine, cheater beers and excuses. 

This baby will be our last and I'm feeling way different about everything than I did with our other kids. I want to wait and have some more "alone" time before telling people this time around.
  • Options
    St0v3sSt0v3s member
    Last kid we sent out announcements at 11 weeks. This one I’ve told my inner circle of people and need to know people. Haven’t decided how to tell the world yet 

Me- 25,DH-28

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    SO I pretty much have to tell my entire family this weekend, since we're going on a family trip and I won't be drinking my usual glass(es) of wine and I'm too lazy to fake drink. I would have probably waited for the first ultrasound at 8 weeks. I plan to announce it on social media probably around the same time as my first successful pregnancy (20 weeks). And we'll probably do the whole "big bro" shirt thing for all our announcements. 
  • Options
    With my first I told my family at 8 weeks and friends at 10..and then announced at 13. I’m not sure what I’m doing this time around in terms of family and friends because they know we started trying and my best friend and sister will be very suspicious if they know I didn’t get my period (we’re that close 😂)
  • Options
    A few close friends who know we have been trying know the good news, and I’m glad to have them know early just in case. 

Otherwise, I’m about to go to a college buddy’s wedding and see friends for the first time in YEARS, so I’m gonna pull the “tonic water + lime” as a gin and tonic card and hope that quells curiosity! The next day we are spending a WEEK with my family, sharing a house, at the beach. The drinks are usually flowing, and I won’t be drinking like I usually do….so I gotta figure some shit out. My current plan is to just bring my little wine tumbler and that way people can’t see what’s in the cup…? 

Otherwise we’ll wait until the end of the summer to tell our families, I think. We told around 10 weeks with our 1st, but only because my grandfather was dying and we thought he’d like knowing he’d be a great-grandfather. He lived a year after that 😂
  • Options
    heberkheberk member
    So I am telling my parents today and my husbands family this weekend. I plan on waiting until my first ultrasound to announce to everyone else. I have also experienced a loss and find that I would rather have a team to go through that with me. But I have no idea when to tell my boys (5 & 2 1/2). When I became pregnant with my second child my first was so young I didn’t stress much about the timing of telling him. Now I don’t know if I should let them know early and take the chance of having them experience a loss as well?…
  • Options
    heberk said:
    So I am telling my parents today and my husbands family this weekend. I plan on waiting until my first ultrasound to announce to everyone else. I have also experienced a loss and find that I would rather have a team to go through that with me. But I have no idea when to tell my boys (5 & 2 1/2). When I became pregnant with my second child my first was so young I didn’t stress much about the timing of telling him. Now I don’t know if I should let them know early and take the chance of having them experience a loss as well?…
    I haven't experienced a loss, fortunately, but I'm hesitant to tell my DS3 super early too 
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    071777071777 member
    I’ve only told close knit people. I’m surrounded by people with birthdays this month and next so I wrapped the pregnancy test in a present and said I had an early/late birthday present for them and wanted to record their reaction. It’s nice having it on video! Then for my mom I got her a Starbucks that said “Abula” (grandmother in Spanish) written on it and mine said “mama” and my partners “daddy”. She was so surprised and loved it!
  • Options
    I already know how I'm going to tell DH but he asked me to wait a while before telling him because I've had so many losses. He's obsessed with TikTok and we watch it together every night so I'm going to send him a TikTok while we're watching them together.

As for everyone else: I've already told my best friends because I HAD to tell someone haha but family won't know til later. We announced super early (7 weeks) with our second but I honestly don't want to announce this time until we're much further along. DH doesn't have a supportive family at all and I really don't want to hear their opinions on expanding our family!
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    gerrypregogerryprego member
    edited July 2022
    I've told a few people I work with only because I see them everyday and I'm only 6 weeks but man I gained some weight. My husband insisted on telling his family tonight in about an hour and a half. So he called a family meeting and they're already guessing. I live 500 miles away from my family and haven't said a word, I'll be going to visit them in August and I'll tell them then. I'm thinking about buying my mom a Best Granny Ever t-shirt and letting her figure it out. As for social media, I have to wait till after I tell my close family for all that.
  • Options
    Sooo I had DS3 change into a "Big Brother" shirt at his 3rd bday party, after the splash pad. Like 2 people noticed. 🙈 So I put him back in it this morning and went to visit my mom. 
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    It my fiancé and my 7 year anniversary yesterday and thats when I found out I was pregnant 🥰. I gave him a grow suit with 1 🤍 DAD on it. His reaction was so cute.  Ive told my mum and dad already and we plan on telling his parents this week and then waiting for other family and friends 
  • Options
    I have told my mom and my grandma figured it out yesterday because I didn’t each much over the holiday. I’m going to wait til at least the end of the month to tell family. I will let social media know in august after my second ultrasound. Having a team in case we miscarry again sounds nice.
  • Options
    So I told family basically before the pee stick dried 🤣 I showed hubby as soon as I peed on it and then immediately told his immediate family (with his permission) and my immediate family within half an hour of finding out lol. And a few very close friends. But as far as announcing on Facebook, hubby wants me to wait til after our ultrasound on the 25th so I'm being respectful of that and waiting. I'm not sure how I'm gonna announce on Facebook yet but I am so excited!
  • Options
    1st pregnancy- The day after the positive tests my in-laws started a 2 wk vacation staying at our house! Had to tell them, & it was sweet because they’ll be the only family who don’t have to find out via FaceTime or call. It was good for them to know why I wasn’t feeling well sometimes, etc. Waiting til our 8 week ultrasound to tell the rest of the family. Then probably a few more weeks for social media. (I will have to tell a few very sweet coworkers this week, because I made a HUGE deal of setting up a margarita night before I was pregnant! Lol! But it would be nice to have people at work looking out for me if I get sick or something.) Wishing all you mamas the best!
  • Options
    I'll be 6 weeks on the 13th and I've already told my cousin, my parents, and my 2 sons. We're not announcing it to anyone else until probably 20 weeks.
  • Options
    @mama925 I was feeling similar. Our first baby, we told our family and close friends immediately. I waited to tell work until 14 weeks. Second pregnancy, we did an announcement with a shirt for my family, and I was waiting to tell my BFF until I saw her in person because she was pregnant too. I was waiting to tell my boss until the US. I found out I mad a missed miscarriage and it was incredibly difficult pretending everything was ok at work, and not having my BFF through it. 
    This time, I told my family, BFF, and my boss immediately. DH has only told his parents and 2 siblings. He wants to wait for the US to tell his other siblings. 

I never did a SM announcement, and won't with this one either. 
  • Options
    Well I accidentally spilled the beans to DH way sooner than I planned 🙈
    I was going to wait another week and planned a cute announcement. But over the weekend, I was cooking food and I picked up a 20 lb bag of rice and carried it across the kitchen.
    DH goes "Should you be carrying that? What if you hurt the baby?"
    I said "how long have you known I'm pregnant?"
    He said, "I didn't. I was just joking...you're pregnant?"
    🤦🏻 Not how I meant to tell him but I'm relieved he knows now. I was dying to tell him. He then spent 15 minutes reading over the website for the birth center I chose, which was really cute.

Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    I did Ivf and my mother in law was in the room when they did the embryo transfer haha so she knew the moment it happened lol even videotaped it 😂 hope I’m the only one who can say that! I told my husband 2 days after I got my first very faint positive. I’ve told my husbands family after my 2nd blood draw. We told my parents after the 3rd blood draw. Everyone was so excited for us.
  • Options
    Omg that is adorable 😂@mytrueloves
  • Options
    We are already starting to tell our close family and friends. We won't post on social media until I have my first ultrasound showing all is OK. 

I actually wanted to do something cute for my husband but was waaay too excited/nervous to wait. So yesterday on his way home we were discussing whether to make hamburgers or BLTs for dinner. I told him BLTs because I need to eat bacon while I still can (one of my first and strongest aversions with every pregnancy has been bacon). It went right over his head since we had been fasting from meat so I blurted out that I was pregnant and he cried he was so happy. Yep. Even after #7 he still gets that excited. ❤️❤️

I told my sisters today. My mom used these chicken purses and when she got a new one she would give it to my boys to use as their special Easter baskets. She passed a few weeks before our 5th baby was born and she had two purses stashed away for us, one for #5 and #6. So I told my sisters that we were going to need another chicken purse and they immediately knew! They actually knew before then as they both told people that they were waiting on the announcement any day. 😂
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @mama925 I know 🥺 I had a whole announcement planned but that's okay. He's been so sweet since
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    iscarelysiscarelys member
    edited July 2022
    Hello Mommas ♥️ 
    We decided to blow out eggs by carefully perforating the distal points of each egg, washing them out and placing them in the microwave for 10 seconds. 
    In each egg I placed a small scroll. I want each kiddo to crack their egg and read what’s inside, one by one. 

The first egg says:
    A little birdy

The second egg says:
    Wanted to say

The third egg says:
    That…

The fourth egg says:
    A baby is on its way!

I am excited and nervous to see their reactions! We are doing this after my prenatal appointment tomorrow!
    I can’t wait ♥️