November 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-in for DD 11/16 - 11/23 (week of 6/20)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments or Results:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check-in for DD 11/16 - 11/23 (week of 6/20)

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/17. 18+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: nothing this week. AS at the end of the month. 

How are you feeling?: Good!

Rants/Raves: I almost definitely broke my two of my toes last night stubbing them on the rail we took off my daughters bed and left in the hallway. They’re purple and I can’t move them. Work is going to be roughs going back after 15 days off with broken toes 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

Questions: 
  • @Gingermom15 oh no! I’m so sorry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/21, 18+1

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: nothing til AS in a few weeks

How are you feeling?: Feeling ok, anxiously awaiting getting to feel baby girl!

Rants/Raves: Currently pretty unhappy with my mother - to my face, she has said that she respects and understands that we want to take the first 2 weeks of baby's life to just be the 3 of us and get used to each other, but behind my back, she told my MIL (to whom I'm much closer), that she thinks we're being ridiculous and that we won't know how to handle anything with the baby. MIL is amazing and totally had our backs, but the talking shit behind my back is just further concreting why I don't want my mother around.

Questions: none currently 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/18, 18w4d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: had anatomy scan today! followup appt with OB Friday

How are you feeling?: great now that the anxiety has abated lol

Rants/Raves: anatomy scan was today and everything was great! Everything looked normal, she was dancing up a storm in there. They were able to get all the important measurements they needed and we found out she's measuring in the 63rd percentile for size. They also confirmed my suspicion that I have an anterior placenta, which made me feel a lot better about not feeling movement yet.

Questions: none!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/18 18 weeks + 4 days 

FTM/STM/TTM+:FTM 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: AS on 7/5

How are you feeling?: feeling good. Getting fatigued again pretty easily. Feeling like 1st trimester fatigue. 

Rants/Raves: I’m definitely feeling the flutters. When I’m focused at work I don’t feel them but when I’m resting I feel baby girl going to town. It is so adorable. It also helps with my anxiety to know she’s moving around in there. 

Questions: none 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 20 - 18+2

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Anatomy scan on Wednesday

How are you feeling?: Trigger warning 
    body wise tired, but good- mental health excessive anxiety - last time I walked into my AS found out we had a missed miscarriage- the time before we were told that our daughter’s heart was not sustainable for life… so we are headed to MFM tomorrow and for the most part I’ve had anxiety under control - but this appointment has me in knots. 

Rants/Raves: the weather has been awful 60s and rain - just want it to feel like summer!!!! 

Questions: none 

@Gingermom15 - toes feeling any better? 
    @bkk2cville - ugh - sorry you are dealing with that- similar parent situation here
    @fantasyflyte so glad the anxiety is lessening for you 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/21 18+2

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Anatomy scan and follow up with my OB are both on the 29th back-to-back.

How are you feeling?: I am still fighting off a major bug, so it’s hard to tell whats feeling off from pregnancy and what’s just from being super sick. It started with a fever which turned into nausea and a terrible cough that will not go away. Tested negative for Covid multiple times, but boy does it sound like typical Covid symptoms. I’m on day 13 of this, been to the ER twice, and still struggling day by day. This has totally heightened my anxiety. Every medical professional I’ve seen has assured me baby is okay, but it’s hard for me to be at peace with it.

Rants/Raves: I’ve decided being sick while pregnant is the worst. However, I am on summer break as a teacher so I am so grateful that I will have plenty of time to start getting things ready for baby boy once I’m feeling better.

Questions: Anyone get sick and experience stress incontinence? How did you deal with it? 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 18/ 18 weeks 5 days 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Anatomy scan on June 30. I can’t wait! 

How are you feeling?: Overall I am feeling pretty good. But I get very tired very easily and feel the need to rest often. After eating and especially later in the day my stomach gets very full, bloated and hard which can make me feel uncomfortable. My breasts, particularly my nipples are very sensitive. Other than that I am feeling pretty good. 

Rants/Raves: I am so excited for my next
    ultra sound. It has been about a month since my last one and I can’t wait to see baby girl again and get some reassurance everything is still going well. 
    Rant- A few days ago my Husband told me that some of his coworkers were coming over after work to shoot bows (bow and arrows). I didn’t think anything of it. However last night some of them stayed pretty late and one of them even ended up staying the night. This is not a huge deal. However I hadn’t planned for this so I didn’t have anything extra for dinner planned. My husband, me and of course his coworker ended up eating dinner around 930pm after everyone else left. But when I get home from my 10 hour day at the office plus my commute, all I want to do is relax, eat dinner and go to bed. But then to be forced to host people and cook for someone else unexpectedly irritated me. I feel like I am over exaggerating but I’m just so dang tired. I don’t have the energy I had pre pregnancy. Also it didn’t help that everyone was pretty drunk and so I don’t think they realized they may have been inconsiderate. I just feel like we aren’t in our 20s anymore and we all had to work today… I’m over the party days. Lol. I feel old… but also kinda like being old. It is much more enjoyable/relaxing. Haha. 
    Maybe I should have just spoken up but I didn’t want to ruin the party for everyone. Sorry for the long rant! 

Questions: okay this might be TMI. But I have noticed that my left breast is now larger than the right one. This is not how they were pre-pregnancy. I am having a girl and read that an old wife’s tale is that a larger left breast is a sign your having a girl. Not sure if this is coincidence but I found it to be funny. Anyone notice this?? Or am I the only unbalanced one over here?? 😂
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/23/ 18w0d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: My next appointment is tomorrow then Anatomy Scan is 7/6.

How are you feeling?: I feel very uncomfortable in my body towards the end of the day. I can’t seem to sit comfortably to spend time with my husband. Other than that, still waking up about once a night to pee, but getting good sleep. Gas and bloating has gone away. My bump is becoming a little more prevalent. 

Rants/Raves: Normally I don’t sunburn at all, but now every time I’m out in the sun I’m getting burnt so I have to do a better job at remembering sun screen! I think I’m starting to feel baby move a tiny bit every other day or so but it’s so brief idk if that’s what I’m actually feeling??

Questions: No questions!
  • @lilswed they’re ok if I keep them buddy taped. Otherwise they’re pretty disgusting looking lol they’ll probably be healed in a few weeks, but definitely broken. Thanks for asking!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: somewhere between 18+1 and 19 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th time mom

Upcoming Appointments or Results: AS tomorrow, and hoping for a better idea of what my due date is with the measurements. Baby has been measuring a week ahead the whole time - last AF would make DD 11/22, but measurements would make DD 11/16.

How are you feeling?: exhausted. I’m also chasing a 9 month old. Feeling my little one more and more each day, still listening to the heartbeat every few days with my doppler.

Rants/Raves: I’m fighting for a vba2c, and my husband could care less about the evidence I present to him. He’s very gung ho with what docs say need to happen. I’m not against having another C-section, but I’ll be dam.ed if I let my OB “scare me into another one. I’ll be ok with it if mine or my little ones life is in danger, otherwise, go away. I want to be able to pick up my 2021 baby after this one is born, and won’t be able to if I have a C-section. They’ll be 14 months apart.

Questions: I haven’t gained any weight, and have lost some, which is unusual for my pregnancies. The first two I had an almost 3 year old and was chasing her around and still gained weight. I’m worried that something is wrong. I’m overweight to begin with, but this is all so new.
  • ashnicellashnicell member
    edited June 2022
    @knottie346fdd9f2344a6d2 I wouldn't worry too much about not gaining weight. After losing weight during much of my first pregnancy, my net weight gain was only 3 lbs. Currently 20w4d  with baby 2 and down 4lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. My OB had told me that as long as baby is growing normally, she's not worried.
  • Thanks. I’ll see my doc today after my anatomy scan, and I’ll ask him about it too.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/17

Upcoming Appointments or Results: anatomy scan Monday. 

How are you feeling?: I think everything is going ok with the baby, which is great, and I’m very grateful. But being pregnant, I feel like I keep getting tested for things and they keep discovering things that are wrong with me. Turns out I have a weird genetic condition, which is probably not a big deal, but involves lots of appointments. They found a lump in my breast that I’m about to get biopsied. I’m vegan, and I guess not getting enough nutrients, and a doctor yesterday told me I was malnourished. Basically every day this week I’ve had some doctors appointment. It’s just a lot. I think the breast thing is the main thing stressing me out, so hopefully things will be better after procedure and results. Trying to be zen.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: