February 2023 Moms

EXTREME food aversion and no appetite

Hi all,
I'm somewhere between 7 and 9 weeks (there is a discrepancy because of my irregular cycle and late ovulation...I will find out specifics at my first appointment this week) and I've been having such a hard time the past 2 weeks with nause combined with being turned off by ALL food. The thought of eating ANYthing makes me so nauseous and it has been so difficult to force myself to eat. Even if I take a couple of bites of something, one bite later it becomes totally disgusting to me. Is anyone else dealing with this? I'm hoping to find some guidance at my first appointment this week. I've been struggling at work and feel worried that I'm not getting adequate nutrition...

Re: EXTREME food aversion and no appetite

• @__happy__mama this would be a great question for our Symptoms thread. We try to discourage one off posts like this to keep the board organized. Thanks!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've had a hard time eating too... I've found that for me usually in the evenings is when I finally can think of something appetizing and will suddenly feel hungry. But it varies by day what I think I can get down. Tonight it was olive garden soup and breadsticks 😋 
  • Loading the player...
  • @willowoak952022 it would be great to move this discussion over to symptoms or "what my pregnant self is eating." We discourage one off posts like this, as it disrupts the organization of the board. Also, please be sure to intro on the Introduction thread. Thanks!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • boajiboaji member
    edited June 2022
    You won’t believe this but I had an aversion to Bacon…if anyone knows me personally they know I LOVE bacon. That’s when I knew I was pregnant. I just found out yesterday.
  • I cannotttt eat chicken. Chicken breast, boneless chicken, grilled chicken strips, chicken nuggets. I can’t 😂 today someone mentioned raised bran at work and I almost cried because it sounded SO good and I wanted that moment. On my way home I picked some up with some cold milk. I hate milk. But I am drooling thinking about it in bed 😂 these food aversion and cravings are wild!