1st Trimester
Options

How many negative test did you get before YOUR POSITIVE TEST

I'm just wondering when is a good time to test but I really don't know when I ovulated . But I been have symptoms and now just start have very sore breast but negative test I don't know if I'm testing to early nelp me

Re: How many negative test did you get before YOUR POSITIVE TEST

• Options
    If you’re unsure when you ovulated testing starting when your period is “late” would be a good start. Then if you get a negative wait a couple days and test again. Rinse and repeat until you get a positive or your period shows. Periods can no-show for plenty of other reasons besides pregnancy, so chat with your doctor if that is the case.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    I tested the 1st day that my period was considered "late." 1 test gave me my answer.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tested for the first time at 3w4d (3 days before missed period) because my breasts were sore and I was peeing so much more frequently. Got a faint positive that turned into a BFP within 24-48 hours. 
  • Options
    I tested too early because I also wasn’t sure when I ovulated. I got a negative. And then a few days later I tested again and got a positive. I think I was 3 weeks 2 days when I turned a test. No harm in testing now and if it’s negative test again in another couple of days. 
  • Options
    None. I test no earlier than the day I expect my period. 
  • Options
    I tested too early the day my period was due. Turns out, I ovulated late, because it was negative. I didn’t test again for four days and that test was positive. Sometimes you need to wait until you’re actually late, especially if you have a more erratic cycle. Mine varies from 28-35 days so if you’re in the same boat, wait a little.
  • Options
    mrs-kay929mrs-kay929 member
    edited June 2022
    I tested negative on a Tuesday and had a positive by Thursday. I think I tested too early just bc I was anxious and excited. My Thursday test was a faint blue line positive. I tested again on Friday and the red line was easier to see.