February 2023 Moms

Weekly Check In Week of 6/20

We have a ton of new Mamas this week, so let's all check in and get to know each other. :) 

EDD / Weeks + Days

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments

How are you feeling?

Rants/Raves

Questions:

GTKY: Who is an unusual or unexpected crush you had as a child
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekly Check In Week of 6/20

• Loading the player...
  • @cpk3535 I totally forgot about Zack!!! Me too!! He was so dreamy. 😍

Our oldest is 11 and he leaves things open in the cupboard!
  • @LaceyBee522 I hope your cramping eases up soon!

@cpk3535 Zack is definitely in the top 5!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 6w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Team blue/pink/green: Undecided at the moment

Upcoming Appointments: first appt. isn't until July 13th :( I'll be 9.5 weeks so hopefully we will at least get a good ultrasound pic. out of it?

How are you feeling?: Exhausted & nausea on and off. Plus sore boobs.

Rants/Raves: We sold our house a week ago. We have to be out by July 30th. I am completely overwhelmed trying to take this on while in first trimester. Ugh.

Questions: None today. 

GTKY: Who is an unusual or unexpected crush you had as a child? Probably not unusual, but i was in love with Ben Rodriguez from Sandlot. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 5w+6

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed?

Team blue/pink/green: def finding out

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow for more blood work and another ultrasound 

How are you feeling?: Nausea just got a billion times worse. Yesterday, I had an early scan at the RE and ends up there are two gestational sacs. One has a perfectly formed yolk sac and the other doesn’t just yet. Surprised isn’t the word for it. I’m still trying to wrap my head around the possibility of having twins. We always wanted only two children and this has thrown DH and me for a serious loop. We’ll see how things go over the next week (if a yolk sac develops or not) but we’re thankful to have at least one healthy looking gestational sac. 

Rants/Raves: I feel like garbage and taking care of my toddler is a challenge. Nothing much to rave about atm. 

Questions:

GTKY: Who is an unusual or unexpected crush you had as a child? Prince

• EDD / Weeks + Days:
    February 17 / 5w 4d

Baby is the size of a(n):
    Appleseed

Team blue/pink/green:
    Pink

Upcoming Appointments:
    First ultrasound tomorrow!

How are you feeling?:
    Boobs are killing me!!

Rants/Raves:
    Round 5 of clomid and praying everything continues on the up and up! Tried super hard for this little bean!

Questions:
    None yet.. haha.

GTKY: Who is an unusual or unexpected crush you had as a child?
    Jackie Chan 🙌🏼
  • @lolly-pop it would awesome to get some prescriptions to take care of the insomnia this time! I’ll definitely ask about that.

@seeds_of_joy my 11yo daughter (also our oldest) wasn’t doing me any favors yesterday in the kitchen. Get this- she added sardines and mayonnaise to a microwave rice bowl. Normally I like sardines, but the smell was terrible and then she didn’t even like what she had made 🤦‍♀️😂 Ah, kids…
  • EDD / Weeks + Days:  6 weeks/ Feb 14

Baby is the size of a(n): haha very tiny. I don’t have an app to tell me this time. 

Team blue/pink/green: team green for sure. 

Upcoming Appointments: 7/6 ultra sound and meeting with doctor after

How are you feeling?: like trash. The nausea is kicking my butt as usual.  Also high high anxiety. I wish I could just get confirmation that everything is ok. 

Rants/Raves: I’m hopefully starting my new job next week so that’s awesome. My kids are being pretty good but they kept wanting to go outside and I just wanted to lay on the couch.  It was good for me to get up but the exhaustion is real. 

Questions: none at the moment

GTKY: Who is an unusual or unexpected crush you had as a child?  Can’t think of any unusual ones. I was all about All the teen heartthrobs of the 90s. 
  • @cpk3535 that sounds so so familiar 🤣😂
  • @emeraldisle17 Exciting, yes. But mostly shocking! I suffer from unexplained recurrent loss so really want as uncomplicated a pregnancy as humanly possible, so multiples is not that lol. We’ll see how it goes. JTT was everyone’s crush in the 90’s, but I was more partial to Devon Sawa. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: Feb 5 - 7w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 🫐 

Team blue/pink/green: finding out! 😆 

Upcoming Appointments: June 27 - 1 more week, can’t wait!

How are you feeling?: Like a dried up raisin, lol. I’m drinking so much water, but I feel so dehydrated and getting headaches. Ugh. Also had some mild spotting today, so a little anxious. I just hope this baby sticks 🙏 

Rants/Raves: I wish OBs scheduled appointments just a little bit earlier in the pregnancy! I’m dying to know everything’s ok in there. 

Questions:

GTKY: Who is an unusual or unexpected crush you had as a child? Definitely the vampire from The Little Vampire movie 😂
  • @emeraldisle17 JTT was soooo cute! And then he was in The Lion King, too. 😍

@ladykaty91 I totally agree, I want to know something about what’s happening internally versus just chatting over phone and email. It makes me so much less eager to share with anybody.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: Feb 1 / 8w

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Team blue/pink/green: Still not sure if we'll find out

Upcoming Appointments: US next Monday, and nurse intake on July 7th

How are you feeling?: SO TIRED. Also getting really uncomfortable. I couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep last night and feeling like my stomach is really starting to stretch and cramp. It's not painful, but uncomfortable for sure.

Rants/Raves: I have so much to do at work but I am having trouble finding my focus. 

Questions

GTKY: Who is an unusual or unexpected crush you had as a child? I didn't have any unusual ones.. just all the typical one lol. JTT, Devon Sowa, etc. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @St0v3s I told my oldest that I was expecting his sister when I hit second tri. He was only 2.5 though so wasn't really aware of what was going on. They are 8 and 5 now and I'm planning to tell them when I get to second tri again out of an abundance of caution.
  • @St0v3s We haven’t ever told our kids until we are ready to announce to everyone, for obvious reasons, lol!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• kb1322kb1322 member
    EDD / Weeks + Days: Feb 7- 7w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 

Team blue/pink/green: Team happy and healthy  ;)

Upcoming Appointments: video conference to go over HCG results and additional bloodwork tomorrow with a hopeful scan on Friday, 6/23!

How are you feeling?: Anxious is an understatement. I had a miscarriage at 11w5d in January and my HCG is doubling, but not as much as a typically developing pregnancy would be. I’m currently taking a progesterone suppository (hello mood swings, gas, and bloating!), but with a loss so late in the first trimester after a healthy heartbeat at US three weeks prior, all I do is worry. 

Rants/Raves: when people suggest you just calm down and stay positive, it’s obvious they’ve never experienced a gut-wrenching loss. So many of my close friends and I were all due this summer of 2022, and as they’re having their beautiful and healthy babies, I’m just over here being reminded to stay hopeful and think positively with this pregnancy. 

Questions: if anyone else here has experienced loss and is again pregnant, what coping strategies do you use when you’re by yourself?

GTKY: Who is an unusual or unexpected crush you had as a child? I always loved Sean from Boy Meets World; such an underdog 🤪
  • @kbz90 I totally sympathize- I was also just past 11 weeks with my big miscarriage, and people can be so passé about it. Like, “just get over it”, or something. My dad was one of the worst. If it makes you feel any calmer, we followed that messy loss with a beautiful healthy baby girl. I’ll keep you in my thoughts!! Best of luck to you. ❤️
  • @kbz90 big hugs friend. I can't say that I "deal" with it by myself, because my thoughts tend to run wild. I would suggest you join in on the Pregnant After Loss thread (PGAL) where this is discussed more in depth. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22