Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Miscarriage but was told I could be earlier than expected

My last period was March 22, I was late in April so I took a test on April 27. I would have been 11 weeks today so I thought.

Last Wednesday I started having some light bleeding - first was pink and then towards the end of the night it was a little red. Called the oncall nurse and they gave me my first ultrasound yesterday Monday June 6th. The light bleeding continued throughout the weekend and I had mild/moderate cramps (kind of like a period, not spotting).

Fast forward to the night of Sunday June 5th and I had severe -ish cramps and went to the ER who sent me over to the womens health unit. They did a pregnancy test on me and it confirmed I was pregnant. They tried to find the heartbeat twice, and couldn’t. So they did a normal ultrasound and then a vaginal ultrasound and couldn’t find anything except what looked like some blood clots. They pretty much confirmed it was a miscarriage and told me to keep my ultrasound the next day.

Went yesterday and they did the same thing (minus finding the heartbeat) and was told the same thing. They scheduled me a follow up today with my midwife to go over what’s next. Get there today and somehow she told me I might be earlier than I had told them….instead of 11 weeks, she said it’s 5 weeks….and scheduled me ANOTHER ultrasound for next week.

My question is, has this happened to anyone else? I feel like I’m getting my hopes up for something that could possibly be taken away from me again. I know it’s still a possibility that it’s a miscarriage but now I’m a little hopeful that it’s not and I just can’t see how that’s fair.

Any suggestions would be GREATFULLY appreciated!!

Re: Miscarriage but was told I could be earlier than expected

• Options
    If you were tracking your periods/O (using BBT, OPKs, etc. NOT a period app), and you know when you O'd last, and you know you're 11 weeks along for sure, then I'm sorry but it sounds like a MC.

If you weren't tracking, or are 'usually regular' or were just using a period app, then you really have no way of knowing when you actually O'd last, and it could be that you're just 5 weeks along.  The only way you'll know for certain is to wait it out and see what happens.  See if the next ultrasound shows a viable, progressing fetus or not.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Options
    I’m so sorry you’re experiencing this, I had similar watch and wait instructions and it was so hard. This is just my own experience - I had the same type of bleeding in May, spotting at first which started dark then eventually was bright red. Based on my period tracking I should’ve been 9 weeks but measured at 6 when they did a vaginal ultrasound. They got a heartbeat which was very slow (70’s) and told me to wait and see and come back for another ultrasound in 2 weeks. I had a complete miscarriage about 5 days later. The spotting continued all 5 days for me. 

My fingers are crossed that things turn out well for you!