January 2023 Moms
Options

Questions? Ask all your pregnancy/baby questions here - week of June 6

I noticed we don't have a recent questions thread, post all your questions here!

Re: Questions? Ask all your pregnancy/baby questions here - week of June 6

• Options
    Anyone else hate eating right now? If I don’t eat all of the time, I get super nauseous, but all food seems gross to me. It’s such a weird feeling. I’ve never had nausea and food aversion like this! Anyone else?
  • Options
    Literally letting all the cold air out of the fridge from opening it and trying to find something appealing all dang day! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @knottie29d0f8ccc833ab35 please change your username so we can get to know you better! You can find out how in the thread “if you have a knottie username”

@jesele

I feel you both on this! Nothing ever seems appetizing. I want to vomit at the thought of most foods to the point where I can’t even think of what to make for dinner. But I have to eat every 2-3 hours or I’ll vomit lol it’s awful. And nothing even really tastes good either! seriously hoping it goes away by second trimester!
  • Options
    I am having trouble with some food too.  Like all I want to eat are plain carbs, like toast, plain pasta, etc.  Nothing with a ton of spice or anything strong smelling on it.
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond same! Give me mashed potatoes and toast and I’m happy. 
  • Options
    @footdrbritt Ok now I have to add mashed potatoes to things I want :lol:
  • Options
    nptwonptwo member
    Is anyone having terrible bloating?! I am only 7 weeks and feels like I have an intense beer belly going on. Never seen anything like it! I keep getting told it’s too early to
    show but I am feeling so self conscious on how it feels and looks. I am trying to drink a ton of water and eating smaller meals but it’s still so awful. Is this “deal with it” symptom or are there any other magic remedies to make it better?! 
  • Options
    Hey @knottie#s, can you try to change your name so it's easier to get to know you?? 😉 
    About bloating, yeah, it's basically normal as soon as you get your BFP. Is there any chance it's related to constipation? If so you could try fiber supplements or stool softeners to get things moving...otherwise hope it eases up soon!

@footdrbritt @sparklingdiamond actually mashed potatoes ON toast sounds pretty delightful right now 😆

I have a question too - this is a common one so it might have been asked before, but deli meats are okay if they're warmed up, right? The internet seems split on this. Relatedly, are hot dogs bad?
  • Options
    nptwonptwo member
    Unfortunately I changed it weeks ago and it is not coming up on the forums but it is correct on my account info 🤷🏼‍♀️ as for the deli meat, I always heard it is all good as long as it’s “cooked” but not sure how cooked it has to be. I assume in the microwave to nuke it a bit would do the trick. 
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise i believe that’s correct RE: warming up/cooking lunch meat. In the past I’ve also done a small turkey in the oven (or ham) and then sliced it for lunch meat for the week for us 

and now I want mashed potatoes on toast 😂
  • Options
    I’m also so bloated and already have a belly. Going for first ultrasound on Thursday so maybe it’s just twins? I was already a bit overweight so not making me feel stellar with the summer weather and bikini season upon us. 

Anyone know where to get cute bathing suits that will grow with your bump? Hoping to not spend a lot of $$ on things as I’m trying to pay off debt before the baby comes. 
  • Options
    Is Epsom salt baths okay? My restless legs are driving me crazy.  I'm so exhausted!! 
  • Options
    @footdrbritt Clearly I am still tired because I read that as you cooked a whole turkey in the microwave and was like how?? :lol:

@anniez85 I got a cute maternity suit from Pinkblush during my last pregnancy.  They had a lot of different cute styles.
  • Options
    @anniez85 I found lots of cute maternity swim on Amazon actually! 

@truman1091 have you tried taking magnesium at night?
  • Options
    @truman1091 Epsom salt baths are ok. You just want to keep bath water at 100 degrees F or below. Taking magnesium and possibly magnesium cream might also help some (the cream helps with muscle cramps).

@anniez85 I have a one piece suit from Motherhood that is still in good shape from my pregnancy with DS. You can also rock a bikini with your bump out.
  • Options
    @anniez85 I am in the same boat! So bloated and feel like I'm 6 months not 9 weeks. 
  • Options
    I had labs done today and am feeling totally wiped out! The fasting was tough because lately I need to eat something right away after waking up. Even after eating though I feel so low energy and exhausted. Anyone else get like this after first trimester labs?
  • Options
    @r_kenn99 I'm sorry your feeling exhausted. I've never had to fast during the first trimester for labs.  However, when I do the glucose test later on I make sure to take orange juice with me so I can get something in me as soon as they are done.
  • Options
    Any experienced mamas out there have a recommendation for a great stroller/car seat combo? We aren’t doing a registry (zero extra space, plus most of this baby’s cousins have hand-me-down stuff for us), but that’s one thing I think we’ll buy new, so I want to make sure it’s a good one!
  • Options
    @jesele we are pretty active so we did a Bob stroller and britax infant car seat and bought the attachment for it, and we did the same thing with o it double Bob—if you’re going to be super active or running I would recommend going that route (there are multiple car seat attachments for different brands, we just found Britax to be safe and pretty user friendly)
  • Options
    @r_kenn99 I’ve also never had to fast for first tri labs but my main pregnancy symptom is being exhausted all the time, solidarity. Hope you feel better soon.

@jesele Stroller preference depends so much on your daily needs and people will have a lot of opinions when we cover strollers in the spotlight thread. I agree with @footdrbritt BOB is a great option for active parents (I got our BOB used for $200 off FB marketplace, you can usually find someone selling them for a good deal and they’re very durable). There is an attachment for it that is compatible with most car seats. To be honest, I think stroller-car seat systems are kind of a waste - that is, buying a car seat stroller combo because they “go together” is mostly not necessary. Many babies will outgrow their infant car seat fast (mine did by 6 months) whereas a good stroller will last you for years. Some of the better stroller brands offer universal attachments for car seats, and another option is to get a caddy for the car seat and get whatever stroller you want. I again got a caddy on FB marketplace. The BOB is super heavy so it wasn’t practical after my c-section to take in and out of my car (but was great for walks in our old neighborhood where the sidewalks were terrible and hilly). The caddy was so light it was great for errands. 

• Options
    Anyone have a good sleeping blanket that keeps you cool? I have a fan on, house is at 69 degrees but I’m roasting over here. I saw the hush cooking blankets and sheets but not sure I want to spend that much money.  I’m getting desperate. Unfortunately I can’t sleep without something on top of me. 
  • Options
    @anniez85 Sutton place cooling blanket. I got mine at Costco but it’s also available on Amazon. Life saving
  • Options
    @jesele I can recommend both the city mini gt and the BoB, we only got the car seat adapter for the city mini as that one takes up less trunk space but is still a smooth ride.  I second getting a used Bob if you go that route to save a few hundred.
  • Options
    el_3el_3 member
    Has anyone else’s skin become super dry?! Specifically my heels of my feet...so strange! 
  • Options
    @jesele so I bought a $1000 bumbleride stroller with the car seat attachements and whatnot and my son HATED the stroller (even in the car seat) and it literally never got used so my recommendation is definitely get something used and affordable and then if your kid is a stroller lover and you use it all the time maybe look into getting a Cadillac but from my own personal experience it was one of the biggest waste at of money for us lol 
  • Options
    does anyone have good maternity leggings and or pants recommendations? Nothing fits already and the one thing I hate about most cheap maternity leggings is I can see my belly button through them if that makes sense lol so I like a high waistband that’s a little thicker! 
  • Options
    r_kenn99r_kenn99 member
    edited June 2022
    @tryingktogku I got a pair from Costco and loved it so much I went back to get a few more. They’re not see through and have pockets!

Edit: they’re not maternity but the waistband is pretty loose so I think I’ll grow into them nicely over the next few weeks.
  • Options
    @tryingktogku blanqi has been my go to for 6 years!