January 2023 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 04/06-05/06

What are you doing this weekend!?

Re: Weekend Randoms 04/06-05/06

• Options
    Working night shift tonight and tomorrow 😒 Just got out of a c/s and yikes, I had a close call. I was putting a used suture needle into my sharps container and somehow scratched my finger. Luckily just my top glove ripped, my bottom pair was intact. And that’s why you double glove in surgery 😎
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe Ou that is a close one! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Anyone else feel like reassured when they feel nauseated and exhausted in a way and when you have moments of feeling good you slightly panic that something is wrong lmao 
  • Options
    @tryingktogku I still don’t really have any symptoms, which I guess I should be thankful for but instead it’s just really freaking me out ☹️ Anyone else still have almost no symptoms at 8 weeks???
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe that sounds like a close call!! Glad you were able avoid potential exposures!

@L1C4gal I have to admit, I truly don't have many symptoms either. Yesterday I went the full day "forgetting" I'm KU because I felt so normal (8wk today). It's definitely disconcerting! I'm just thankful I have my first US this week, hopefully that will give me some reassurance that baby is doing okay in there 🙏. 
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe my co resident once drove a k wire THROUGH my attendings hand, that was an awful experience for all😩 I’ve had a couple close calls but I’m religious about double gloving and my under is usually ortho or X-ray but *whew* glad it was just a close call! 

@tryingktogku yes! I’m getting severe car sickness and nausea all day and reminding myself it’s a good thing (although annoying and not fun)

@jennifer_louise I have my first US this week too!

I get to pawn both boys off today and have some alone time! DH is going with his brothers to his step moms with our youngest and our oldest is going to my parents to swim 🙌🏼
  • Options
    Gripe of the weekend: I have about a million things to do today, and the toddler spiked a fever at 1030. I called the pediatrician at 11 to see if we could be seen, but since I wanted a half hour to get out the door and to the office, they couldn't see us until tomorrow. Given the high fever, I don't really want to wait that long.  The office will basically never see you unless you call first thing in the morning when they open.  It's absolute BS. 
    So I'm 'waiting in the car' for 3 hours to be seen as a walk in at urgent care, where they'll probably tell me she has a cold and I'll flip a frickin table. I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO TODAY!!!!! I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS!!!!
  • Options
    @42lemons hopefully your LO is doing okay. Def frustrating when sickness happens and life still has a full plate waiting for us.  We usually try to bring the fever down first (bath, Motrin) and see if it responds, I know there is a lot going around right now so you’re at least covering some bases in case she is coming down with something.  My house now has 3 COVID positive and my daughter who is 4 wants to run wild. Sending good thoughts to you! Hope your day gets better! 
  • Options
    itsmejayitsmejay member
    edited June 2022
    @bwow615 I was just about to ask how you were feeling. Did you ever call your doc? My house now also has 3 COVID cases. It’s been spreading like wildfire! Hopefully it calms down. My 5 day isolation ends tomorrow. It can’t come soon enough.
  • Options
    @itsmejay I actually almost feel 100%! But my husband and son are both down pretty hard today. My daughter is keeping me on my toes and is having the hardest time staying away from everyone. I didn’t end up calling because I felt like i was managing it, that first night was the worst of it (fingers crossed). And each day I’ve been getting better. My son is on his third nap of the day, his high fever has been 101.6, but his cough is already subsiding. So hoping another good nights sleep and he will start on the upswing too. My husband now knows I wasn’t exaggerating when I told him how tired it made me feel! He’s been in bed all day.  How is everyone fairing at your house? Hopefully also just mild symptoms?
  • Options
    @bwow615 Glad you are feeling better! Hoping your husband and son gets better soon too. The first couple of days are so hard. I’m pretty much back to normal now with an occasional cough here and there but that’s it. My husband and younger daughter both tested positive yesterday. My daughter just had a low grade fever and a cough; husband has been in bed all day, feeling extremely tired and with a sore throat. I don’t know if it’s with all men, but at least when mine gets sick, he always seems to have it ‘a lot worse’ than me and just sleeps all day. Me, on the other hand, even with a 101 fever, I’m still running around like a chicken with its head cut off. lol. Meanwhile, I’m trying really hard to not get my older daughter and my 89 year old mother sick.
  • Options
    @itsmejay it’s my husband too…. He’s acting like this is the worst thing that’s ever happened to him. He’s back in bed again over here. I wish I could have laid in bed a whole day without interruptions!  I hope youre able to keep your other daughter and mom well! I just got my little one off to bed, praying she stays healthy! 
  • Options
    @bwow615 I got my daughter to urgent care, and she has an ear infection.  We all had covid 3 weeks ago, and between that, trying to unpack from vacation (where we caught covid), early pregnancy, and my job suddenly getting way harder due to needing to take over for a coworker, I have had it.  
    I did get a few things done today, but it really means I'll need to spend all day tomorrow doing stuff around the house, too, and won't get a break.  I'm starting to get spun out on pregnancy hormones and freaking out about how much has to get done around the house to prep for an(other) baby. 
  • Options
    @42lemons oh my gosh… that is so much in such a short span of time. I hope this was the last of the unplanned for a while and you’ll be able to catch up and relax a little soon! 
  • Options
    @footdrbritt omg nooooooo ow ow ouch! Ortho was definitely never my thing.