Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Miscarriage on Mother's Day, SIL is now in labor

I was 7 weeks pregnant when I lost my LO. This was the second after a miscarriage in December 2021. My sister in law was farther along in her pregnancy than I was. She is now in labor. My husband has me preparing all of the baby stuff we kept from our first pregnancy (carried to full term, thankfully!) to give to my sister in law. We were holding on to everything for when we had another baby (we want more kids). It's been less than a month since my last miscarriage. I'm happy for my SIL but it's hard when I know that the stuff I'm now giving to her was supposed to be used for my baby. To top it off, I'm still having pregnancy symptoms and I keep having to remind myself that there's nothing there.

Re: Miscarriage on Mother's Day, SIL is now in labor

• Options
    Sounds like your husband is being pretty insensitive to me. How much are you giving away? If it’s newborn stuff she’ll be passing right back I guess it makes sense, but that’s a really emotional decision and not one he should be pushy about in my opinion. I’ve had 5 miscarriages, and they all feel differently, so I guess it just depends. After my worst one I would have strangled my husband if he had done this. Not saying that’s great. 🤣