October 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-In w/o 5/30

Hey all! Back from Italy and looking forward to catching up more.ย 

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜:

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ:ย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป:ย 

Baby's Name (if chosen/sharing):

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€:ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?:

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒs/rants:ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€:

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What did you do for the holiday weekend (US)? If outside the US, tell us about anything fun you did this weekend.ย 

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 5/30

• ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: October 13th / 20w5d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Banana

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Green

Baby's Name (if chosen/sharing): We have first names chosen, but we'll wait until the baby is born to share.ย  Working on middle names though :)

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: June 15th next routine OB

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Mentally/emotionally, I feel so much better after Friday's anatomy scan + fetal echo - still nervous every day, but I was so happy to get those done with and hear that everything they can see at this point seems okay.ย  PGAL is so hard.ย  Physically, I feel great besides a night of insomnia this week that really threw me for a loop.ย  And my sciatica is acting up, but TBH that was a big problem pre-pregnancy.ย  I made an appointment with a prenatal chiropractor so that will hopefully give some relief.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒs/rants: Rave: My mom & MIL started planning the baby shower, and usually these sorts of events stress me out so much, but I can't help but be so grateful we've gotten to the point of planning a baby shower and having people in our lives so excited to want to be involved and celebrate.ย  Cue hormones taking over...
    Rant: I am telling my workplace about the pregnancy next week and I feel so stupidly stressed about it.ย  They won't give me a hard time, but I know it's going to be so much extra work the next few months to get everything in place while I'm out and I"m already lacking work motivation.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€:ย I hope this isn't intrusive, but if anyone is comfortable sharing I would love to see a real life baby registry so I can get some ideas.

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What did you do for the holiday weekend (US)? If outside the US, tell us about anything fun you did this weekend.ย 

I was able to get to the beach both Sunday and Monday which was so wonderful and provided relief during the heatwave.ย ย 
  • Loading the player...
  • pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: Sept 27th / 23+0
    ๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Grapefruit and weighs as much as a soccer ball.
    ๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM.
    ๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink.
    Baby's Name (if chosen): June Elizabeth
    ๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: June 6th, virtual 24-week.
    ๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Tired but good. Last week was rough health-wise due to some curry, emotionally because Hubbs was just busy with stuff, and recovering has been more difficult than I would have liked. This week should be better. We need to get the toy hauler ready for sale to get a huge stressor off both our shoulders, especially since the weather's getting nice and it's primo sale season.
    ๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€:ย RAAAAAVE:ย We installed an on-demand water heater in the RV on Saturday (byย weย I meanย Hubbs) and it's the first time since six years we haven't had to care about the seven-minute limit on hot-water usage. I didn't realized how much stress that had caused until it was no longer an issue. It doesn't matter if he took a longer shower before I got in. I will still have ALL THE HOT WATER I NEED AND MORE!
    ๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: N/A
    ๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What did you do for the holiday weekend (US)? Hubbs installed our water heater (see rave) and we had fancy steak lunch at my in-laws place. It was a little sad because mine was well done, but it was still very good. We also drove up and had a look at some of the burn area from the Riverside Fire that was recently opened up to traffic.
  • ficheyfichey member
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: Sept 26 / 23+2

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Eggplant

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink

Baby's Name (if chosen/sharing): Decided we'll use my last name as their middle, but that's as far as we've got.ย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Follow up with my OB on the 13th, then another growth scan in July.ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Super tired--last week it felt like I couldn't get enough sleep no matter what I tried. I'm convinced that she was going through a growth spurt and I must have been exhausted by proxy. I've started to get intense cravings for the most random things, which is making it hard to grocery shop. Like Iย needed chicken salad yesterday, or like, a very specific cookie/fruit/dish. I haven't had any cravings until now, so it just feels really bizarre lolย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ: My husband was able to feel her kick for the first time ;______; There was truly nothing better than that moment.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜: Not so much a rant, just annoying how much cardboard/plastic/waste that is accumulating from getting things shipped. I know there's not really a way around it, but it's obnoxious.ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€:Is anyone taking a babymoon? If so, when? It's so hot everywhere around us this time of year and I'm not keen on going anywhere beyond driving distance. I probably should have planned things sooner, but I'm just really craving a little escape!

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What did you do for the holiday weekend (US)? Lounged around, worked on a few craft projects, and just relaxed. It's my busiest time of year at work and I'm really looking forward to mat leave at this point!
  • @fichey love that your husband got to feel the kicks! My Italy trip was basically a combo early 40th birthday trip plus babymoon, but I have a couple more trips planned: Maine in July and Colorado in August. I just like to travel, so I vote yes on any excuse to!

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: Oct 17/20+2

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: banana

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: TTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: blue

Baby's Name (if chosen/sharing):ย narrowed down to 3 boy names. Middle name will be Craig.ย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Anatomy scan on Fridayย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Physically pretty good. I recovered well from the long flights but had the usual jet lag. Finally got back to the gym yesterday post-vacation and it was humbling to say the least. Feeling a little more awkward in my lifting movements. Emotionally not great. *TW* Lost a friend to a rare form of cancer on Monday who was only 40 and has 3 small children, the youngest of whom isnโ€™t even 2 yet. Itโ€™s been a real gut punch.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒs/rants: Rave is the relief of feeling pretty regular baby movement these days. Rant is that cancer f-ing sucks (see above).ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: Nope.ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What did you do for the holiday weekend (US)? Went to a friendโ€™s cookout on Saturday, watched the Indy 500 on Sunday, and hit the neighborhood pool Sunday and Monday.ย 
  • ficheyfichey member
    @EmilyE13 Our plan was to go to Italy this October as a much belated honeymoon lol--I'm sure it was an amazing trip! Hopefully we can make it next year with babe in tow. Normally I'm super keen to travel, so I don't know why I'm struggling to plan anything now! My husband's going to Vegas and Atlantic City in August for work and a family event--neither sounded too appealing so I'm more than happy to stay home with the cats. I think I just need a nice room on the coast with a massage or two at some point!
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: October 5th, 22w today

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Guinea Pig, Coconut

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink

Baby's Name (if chosen/sharing): Audrey Rose or Annika May

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: June 8th, virtual

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Feeling overwhelmed by how cluttered and unclean our home is right now. This has always been a struggle for me to learn how to maintain regular chores (long story, but partially stems from growing up in a neglectful home), but it's been aggravated by my being back in school. Also getting much achier and needing naps which adds to it. I am starting to feel baby more frequently though and the dissociative feelings I was struggling with have eased up significantly.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒs/rants: Rant: I have asked DH to take out our recycling so many times this week and he still hasn't done it. The cupboard we keep it in consistently gets to the point of overflowing before he'll do anything about it. *TW Our building's recycling is in the underground parking so I don't feel safe doing it myself due to being a survivor of sexual assault by a stranger, which he knows, so it is his chore end TW* It's driving me UP THE WALL.
    Rave: I've had two really phenomenal weeks at work where I was able to make miracles happen for brides with very tight timelines and got three 5 star Google reviews for the shop where I was mentioned by name. It is so rewarding knowing I've made their special day less stressful!

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: Those who have had anterior placentas, when were your partners able to feel baby's movements? I was 20 weeks with DS, but I had posterior placenta with him.

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What did you do for the holiday weekend (US)? If outside the US, tell us about anything fun you did this weekend. It wasn't a holiday weekend here, but we did have one the weekend before! I worked... and then used the Monday off to do a midterm assignments. I got an A+ on it thanks to being able to focus and we had just gone away to a cottage the week prior so I didn't feel like I was missing outย 
  • @krthouse anterior placenta x 4 here. My husband was able to feel 17-20 weeks. 20 weeks was with my first. This pregnancy it was 19 weeks.ย 
  • @krthouse anterior placenta here - my husband was able to feel movement this weekend at 20 1/2 weeks.ย  Still faint for him, but he could feel it.
  • mia80mia80 member
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  Oct 29 / 18 + 5

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜:postcard

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding out

Baby's Name (if chosen/sharing): Girls name is picked, boys name is completely unknown

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Anatomy scan next Friday!

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Tired and sooooooo constipated!ย  And now I have hemerroids. Ugghhhh

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒs/rants: Rave: this weekend we're going camping for 2 nights, I really need the break.ย  Rant: We're building a house this summer and the guy we're dealing with at the bank is an absolute idiot and I'm about to loose it.ย  We're supposed to make our first construction payment this week and it's been an absolute gong show... like 50 emails back and forth and I am so stressed and worked up.ย ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: n/a

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What did you do for the holiday weekend (US)? If outside the US, tell us about anything fun you did this weekend. It wasn't a holiday here, but we had a really good weekend. We went to a vintage market down the road on Saturday and our little guy had a blast dancing to the band! We also got him a little trike at a garage sale and he is soooooo freaking adorable on it!ย 
  • @krthouse FTM, anterior, 23+2 and he hasn't felt anything yet.