Weekly Check-In w/o 5/30

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 5/30

• Options

EDD/ Weeks + Days: 1.8 / 8w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): wild strawberry

Team blue/pink/green: blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: Nurse phone call, labs, and 2nd ultrasound this Thursday 

How are you feeling?: Like garbage. Sometimes Unisom works, sometimes it doesn’t. I puked at work twice Saturday night, and could barely keep myself awake both Friday and Saturday nights. Thank goodness my coworkers know all about my surrogacy and pregnancy and are so kind to me.

Rants/Raves: I really hate this part of pregnancy.

GTKY: Reese Witherspoon! I just adore her, and I used to be told I looked a bit like her.

• Options
    bwow615bwow615 member

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/17 and 6 weeks 5 days

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Team blue/pink/green: should find out around week 10, thinking it will be a girl

Upcoming Appointments: 6/24 is first appt with midwife at birthing center 

How are you feeling?: pretty good, I get a little nauseous in the early afternoon. 

Rants/Raves: thankful for my sisters for hosting me and my 2 kids for a week so we can visit with them :) 

Questions: none 

GTKY: Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life? Kristen wiig or someone else funny. I love laughter. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe Reese Witherspoon is great!! I'm sorry you're feeling so gross. Hopefully the rest of the first tri flies by.

EDD / Weeks + Days: 7+2, Jan 14th

Baby is the size of a(n): Altoid 

Team blue/pink/green: green for now!!

Upcoming Appointments: 8 days! Feels really close all of a sudden.

How are you feeling?: it weirds me out how little nausea I'm having. It hits me occassionally but goes away as soon as I eat, and maybe only like once a day? Different than my other pregnancies so far. Mostly I really feel just normal. Could just be my 2 other LOs distracting me from ever thinking of myself 😆 but it's also a bit anxiety-inducing.

Rants/Raves: Long weekend!! Hope you all have a nice memorial day. 

Questions: NATM 

GTKY: Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life? Hm, I think Kristen Bell. I just think she's really funny and talented!

• Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: Jan 18thish / 6 weeks ish

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea!? 

Team blue/pink/green: will find out as soon as we can! Unfortunately likely not until around 20 weeks for a gender ultrasound but I am feeling similar to my pregnancy with my son so I wondering if it’s another boy! 

Upcoming Appointments: midwife’s are supposed to call today and book my first ultrasound!

How are you feeling?: so so so tired and bloated the nausea is kept at bay if I eat a carb filled breakfast and snack often through the day! 

Rants/Raves: DS has brought home the daycare plague lol thankfully it’s not Covid but I am already exhausted as it is! 

Questions: anyone else still breastfeeding their first baby? My son is almost 18 months and I’m still night feeding but experiencing some serious aversions so I want to wean but I also don’t have the energy to wean you know? Any tips would be greatly appreciated lol my son has never called asleep with me without the breast!

GTKY: Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life? Ouuu this is a hard one! Maybe Sandra bullock but like in the movie “the proposal” vibes because I’m super stubborn but also a die hard romantic 😛 some people have told me I look like Anne Hathaway but I don’t find she plays a character that resonates with me 

• Options
    edited May 2022

EDD / Weeks + Days: Jan 10, 7w6d 

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Team blue/pink/green: We don't know yet

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing until the end of June.  My next OB appt on June 28 and my first MFM appt on June 30.

How are you feeling?: I was finally feeling a bit better last week and was able to exercise most days and not be as nauseous.  But I am feeling super nauseous and just overall not feeling good today again. 

Rants/Raves: We are visiting family and we are supposed to go to dinner with my dad, my brother & his wife tonight, but I really don't feel good.  I also don't want to miss out on seeing them though.

ETA: I had another rant to add.  We had our first appt last week and the u/s tech wouldn't even attempt to listen to the heartbeat and said they won't listen through u/s until after 11 weeks....which makes no sense to me because I have heard the heartbeat at 7 weeks in prior pregnancies with other doctors.  It was honestly super disappointing.

Questions: None

GTKY: Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life? Hmmm I am not sure on this one!

• Options
    @sparklingdiamond that is super annoying I’m so sorry! Hopefully you get to hear the heartbeat at the next US! 

@j@jennifer_louise I also feel like my symptoms aren’t as prominent as my first pregnancy Because my LO is keeping me so busy lol 

@d@daffodil_shoe giving you props for being a surrogate! It’s one of the most heartfelt things you can do for another couple I think!
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 7w 6d

Baby is the size of a(n): keyboard key (are you KIDDING ME with these random objects?!)

Team blue/pink/green: green

Upcoming Appointments: first one on Thursday,  6/2, and I’ll be 8w2d

How are you feeling?: my tucchus is DRAGGING. So tired, crazy allergies, occasional nausea but no vomiting, just grateful I’m not actively puking every hour (which in my family tends to indicate it’s a boy)

Rants/Raves: My husband is so excited, supportive, and loving, but I swear to god if he doesn’t stop inviting people over while I’m over here feeling like death, I might scream. He means well, and usually hosting dinner parties is our favorite thing to do in the summer, but I just can’t keep up like I usually would and I get so frustrated with myself. I talked to him about it and he understands, but anytime we run into someone, there’s usually a risk of him inviting them over for wine. Awesome. 😂

Questions: Best remedies for allergies? Mine are killing me right now, and I don’t know what’s both safe and effective.

GTKY: Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life? Ruby Rose, because I get told regularly that we’re identical, and both heavily tattooed. Someone legit stopped me while I was walking my dog in the park and asked for an autograph last year. Made my day! 

• Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/22 6 + 2

Baby is the size of a(n): pea

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: June 9 for US

How are you feeling?: awful, I have never been so nauseous in pregnancy before. 

Rants/Raves: we are in a merger at work, and it’s been awful—makes me want to go back active duty and be done with civilian medicine 

Questions: anyone else a VBAC? This will be my second VBAC 

GTKY: Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life? Jennifer Love Hewitt 

• Options
    @tryingktogku ha thanks. I’m getting paid so it’s not totally selfless. I just need to get through this yucky stage and things will be better. I just keep imagining little boy coming out and his daddies being there and handing him over to them, and that’s what gets me through the yucky parts of this!
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe  okay okay well I mean I also think you SHOULD be reimbursed for it because being pregnant and giving birth it A LOT of work and can be very hard on your body! But for those same reasons I also think it’s amazing you’re doing it for those same reasons!
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/17/23 - 7 weeks today!

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Team blue/pink/green: Will find out asap 

Upcoming Appointments: today!  No ultrasound though (although I might beg for a quick one.  It worked at the first appointment for my last pregnancy haha!)

How are you feeling?: good.  nauseas on and off but nothing too bad.  But tired.  So very tired. 

Rants/Raves: My DH bought us ticket for a minor league baseball game tonight, which I LOVE.  But I know I am going to be falling asleep at some point since I got up at 6am for work and the game doesn't start until almost 7 pm lol. 

Questions: Dopplers.  I know we are all still pretty early, but is anyone going to be using one?  I have one from my last pregnancy but google scares me a bit.  I probably will try it a few times. 

GTKY: Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life? No idea. 

TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Options
    @ReadyForaB I have a Doppler that I used in my first pregnancy lots that I plan to use in this one if I’m ever feeling anxious! However I likely won’t use it until after my first ultrasound just so I don’t freak myself out if I don’t find a heartbeat this early!
  • Options
    @tryingktogku agree.  I won't use it until I have a scan. I don't think I got it last time until I was 11 or so weeks, so maybe around then. 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• Options
    @ReadyForaB I don’t think you’re supposed to attempt until around 12 weeks but I got it at 8weeks with my first! However I was also a labour and delivery nurse for a few years so I have had lots of experience finding heartbeats on antenatals!
  • Options
    Finally got my ultrasound booked for June 8th! I should be 8 weeks 1 day if my “guesstimate” is right. I’m just glad to have a date and time set and looking forward to seeing baby!
  • Options
    @tryingktogku finally!  So exciting!  Hoping to have a date after my appointment this afternoon. 
    TTC History:

BFP November 2015

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

• Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 9 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Team blue/pink/green: green

Upcoming Appointments: US and pregnancy confirmation TOMORROW! Finally.

How are you feeling?: I threw up this weekend, for the first and only time so far (fingers crossed). I can’t tell if it was a one-off because it was immediately after dinner and I felt so much better afterwards. Other than that I’m still having just overall queasiness all day. Very excited for my appointment tomorrow.

Rants/Raves: Neither a rant or a rave but just a thought - I really had no idea the first three months of pregnancy were like this. I don’t even think I have it that bad but I still feel so miserable most of the day. Still very grateful but the experience has me more informed now.

Questions: Do low-risk pregnancies really only get two US? A attended a virtual meet and greet with my local hospital and the midwife said they do a US in first trimester and then another one at 34 weeks. Internet says second one is usually between 18-22 weeks!

GTKY: Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life? Rachel McAdams. I look nothing like her but still! 

• Options
    @r_kenn99 in Canada Ontario where I am I only got 3 scheduled ultrasounds with my first! The dating US, the gender/ measurements one at 20 weeks and another between 34-38 to confirm baby is in right position/ developing ok! I believe that 20week US is super important to ensure everything is ok with baby so maybe look into that!? Also I LOVE Rachel McAdams and all her movies!!
  • Options
    @r_kenn99 you should have one around week 20, because that’s when they do the anatomy scan to check your baby’s overall health and development.
  • Options
    @tryingktogku @daffodil_shoe thanks! That makes so much more sense than skipping week 20 US!
  • Options
    Ugh, I just found out last night I somehow caught COVID and it’s freaking me out. I managed to avoid it the entire pandemic but just my luck, of course I would get it as soon as I become pregnant 😭😭😭.
  • Options
    @itsmejay unfortunately, pregnancy can decrease your immune system. Hope you fair ok.
  • Options
    @itsmejay I had covid already in this pregnancy too. (It was during my TWW, so I didn't know I was KU). I had avoided it for 2 years too until DS brought it home from daycare 😭. It was mild for me and I hope it is for you too. Did you tell your doc yet?
  • Options
    @itsmejay ah I’m so sorry! My whole family had Covid in Feb and my son just brought home the daycare plague which I obviously now have (and it’s honestly worse than Covid was lol but just a “common cold”) so I’m there with you in the “sickness” trenches
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/10/23 - 8 w 1 d

Baby is the size of a(n): kidney bean

Team blue/pink/green: green but we’re considering finding out with the genetic screening at 12 weeks

Upcoming Appointments: 6/13 for a follow up ultrasound to see if the second (empty sac) is grown or gone away and to see baby. 

How are you feeling?: Slightly less exhausted this week but still tired. Boobs are still hurting and it feels like every week I go up a bra size. Yesterday and today I’ve been feeling more nauseous and queasy but still no vomiting. 

Rants/Raves: I received a bump box as a gift and it came with “belly belts”. They’re like little elastic pieces with buttons so that you can extend the waistband of your pants. I’m so happy because none of my Jean shorts fit anymore and now I can wear them again. 

Questions: Best maternity bra? I’m overwhelmed by the options but I know I need to buy some. 

GTKY: Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life? Teresa Palmer. I feel like we look similar and have similar mannerisms. 

• Options
    Thank you, ladies. Fortunately, my symptoms have been fairly mild. I did have a 101 fever last night that seemed to have gone away on its own so that is a relief. Other than that, just cough and some congestion. Still waiting on OB office to get back to me, but no word yet. They must not think it’s that big of a deal if they aren’t calling me right back. 🤷🏻‍♀️

@tryingktogku I know what you mean about catching all these nasty plagues from the kids’ daycare/school. My kids seem to always bring them home and then I get stuck with them too. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @nuggetsmama I found Baobeibody has the best bralettes for pregnancy hands down! (and I’m a 34 G) they don’t compress on your belly and have room for your fluctuating breast sizes! They are also nursing bras but I found that as soon as I started using them as so they stretched out and I preferred the kindred bravely clip down nursing bra! Editing to add bravado also have very nice clip down nursing bras!

@itsmejay that’s good it’s only mild! And yes I find my son is always just recovered as I get it too so I’m usually exhausted and sick and he is back to full energy lol 
  • Options
    @nuggetsmomma21 kindred bravely is my go to
  • Options
    @nuggetsmomma21 I’ve never used a maternity bra, but Kindred Bravely has awesome pumping and nursing bras.
  • Options
    @itsmejay did your ob office contact you? I’m joining the COVID positive list this first trimester. I just took an at home test. I feel like shit. Had a fever of 102.8 last night, thankfully it’s back to normal today. But have a lingering headache and very fatigued. How are you doing? 
  • Options
    @bwow615 oh no! I hope you took some Tylenol last night to bring down that fever. Glad it’s back to normal today but keep an eye out on it. Temps tend to creep back up towards the evening. I had a normal temp all day yesterday and then by evening, it had crept up again so I ended up taking a Tylenol to keep it under control.

OB did finally call me back around 4PM and suggested that I get the COVID treatment since pregnant women fall under the ‘high risk’ category. These treatments are generally for people with mild to moderate symptoms. She referred me to the COVID clinic and they gave me two options for treatment. One is an oral medication to be taken for 5 days and the other is a one time IV treatment. I chose the IV treatment and had it done first thing this morning. I was told that I would feel better within the next 24-36 hours.

Definitely call your OB and let them know so they can tell you your options. These treatments need to be taken/given within the first 5 days of COVID symptoms for it to be effective so don’t wait too long if you decide to get it.

Make sure to drink plenty of fluids and get a lot of rest. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    @itsmejay thankfully I did take some Tylenol! I’ll be on the lookout and will give my doc a call. Thanks for sharing your experiences so far! 
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1-7-2023/ 8 weeks 6 days

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry (tomorrow) 

Team blue/pink/green: green for now!

Upcoming Appointments: June 16th with the doctor and NIPT testing blood work. 

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling really great today! A little crampy like always, but so much more optimistic about this pregnancy! 

Rants/Raves: We told our kids last night after seeing the baby's heartbeat twice. I ordered big brother shirts and "I love my big brother" onesies, as well as put other baby related items in gift bags (bottles, pacifiers, Baby Ruth candy bars, Baby Bottle Pops, and copies of our sonogram pics so far) that they found after doing a scavenger hunt. Their reactions have completely melted me and have made me even more excited for this little one! It took them FOREVER to understand what we were trying to tell them, though. 🤣

Questions: None at the moment.

GTKY: Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life? I honestly have no idea on this! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I’m just so excited/ nervous for my ultrasound this Wednesday! I just want it to be Wednesday already so I know everything is ok and then I can finally start telling people! (Mostly because I feel like such garbage and I can finally give an explanation haha) also my mom is going to be SO excited because she still thinks I’m waiting to do my next fertility cycle!