June 2022 Moms

4th Covid vaccine shot / 2nd booster? Thoughts?

Hi mamas,
FTM, 38w, due on June 13th. 
I see everyone around talking about the 4th covid shot & see many places are offering this to general public.
I asked my OB for her opinion & she has always been of the opinion that these would do more good than any harm... 
Plus she thinks the antibodies are passed on better now in the womb than through breastmilk. So given a choice, I should opt for it. 
I am bit confused as there is not much study around this but her theory of protecting me in the first place & indirectly our baby than waiting n getting it n making it worse makes a lot of sense! 
Have any of you looked into this or thought about it? 
Thanks!!! 

Re: 4th Covid vaccine shot / 2nd booster? Thoughts?

• I ended up getting COVID a couple weeks ago so I can’t get the second booster yet, but I had every intention of doing it if the recommendation officially came out. My first booster was around week 12 so I don’t believe it benefited the baby (beyond keeping us safe through the delta surge of course).

My general thinking is this: transmission is high right now and while this variant is less severe than others, it is still quite unpleasant (it kicked my butt!) and potentially having it around your due date or during postpartum sounds like a nightmare you don’t need in your life. That said, I know other pregnant women who had fairly mild cases, and a vaccine for 6 months - 5 years is on the horizon so we are finally close to our infants getting the shot themselves. You’ve talked to your doctor and they believe it is safe, so now just weigh out what you feel is best for you.
  • @pinkkillersheep Ugh that sucks but glad you are feeling better now. My concern is the same...transmission rates are high n I'd to have it while i go into L&D. Plus, my OB thinks, i'll pass t on to my baby n will also protect both of us post partum especially when my immunity is super low. 

Thank you for your input!! ♥️