December 2022 Moms

Salmonella Poisoning - Jif Peanut Butter

Did anyone else have get salmonella poisoning from the jiffy peanut butter incident? I had horrible symptoms this weekend and checked my peanut butter stash at work and it was on the list of exposed. I have an appointment with my OB Thursday but is this something I need to try and get checked out sooner?

Re: Salmonella Poisoning - Jif Peanut Butter

• Oh geez that sounds so scary!!  And here we are all trying to avoid things like deli meat and sushi….it’s the things you least expect!!  I hope you feel better soon!  Seems like you might want to go in sooner if symptoms are severe and aren’t improving…Thursday is forever away and you would be considered an immune compromised person.  
  • Omg I ate the JIF peanut butter too and had been really sick! I had been eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every couple days and every day I felt like I had the worst morning sickness. One day I was violently throwing up for hours. Then a few days ago I got a call from the grocery store that they had records I purchased recalled peanut butter. I thought I had bad morning sickness the whole time but now I’m like omg I probably had salmonella. I have felt fine since I haven’t eaten it anymore, it’s crazy
  • Loading the player...
  • @ellief_0926
    I know right! And I thought PBJs were safe🥲 I feel a lot better thank you! I did go to urgent care but apparently the antibiotics can hurt the baby so they just told me to stay hydrated and let it run its course. She my baby yesterday and he was doing really good😊

@knottie925ac60a8be444ba
    Oh gosh at least your grocery store called! I found out on fb lol and then checked the recall list on the news. I'm glad you're feeling better!
  • Yep pretty sure I got it too. I was so nauseous and threw up once (which I haven't done in any pregnancies). I felt better about two days later