Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS w/o 5.23

*This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What is something that you used to say "I would never do that as a parent" that you have totally done since having a kid?

Re: TFAS w/o 5.23

• Options

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 17/3

WTO/TWW? WTO 

Ages of other child(ren)? 17months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I am going into this cycle super laid back and relaxed with the kidneys that what is meant to be is meant to be and just manifesting that our family is ready to have an addition now!

Any questions? Nadda

Rant/Rave? These past few weeks have been the first time I’ve though to myself that my son would actually do well having a sibling so that’s nice because prior I was like omg how is he ever going to survive if he doesn’t have all my attention lol 

GTKY: What is something that you used to say "I would never do that as a parent" that you have totally done since having a kid? Definitely screen time. I wanted to wait until 2 but sometimes Hudson’s playground on YouTube is the ONLY way I can cook dinner lol 
  • Options

What number are you trying for? #4

Month/Cycle? 4/4 but IVF so....

WTO/TWW? IVF

Ages of other child(ren)? 9, 7 and will be 5 next month

Any thoughts about this cycle? BCP are almost done! finally next week is my baseline ultrasound! MOVEMENT

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? We scheduled the babe's fifth birthday party!  Of course now I am having recurrent nightmares about having a micropreemie again. DD2 is so insanely healthy for being born so early and so small. I was looking up preeclampsia stats for another baby. I am just like in mild panic mode.  

GTKY: What is something that you used to say "I would never do that as a parent" that you have totally done since having a kid? Kids on a leash and then I had a runner.  Backpack leash for life with my oldest. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    January 2012 - BFP - DS Born 10/21/2012
    May 2013 - BFP - Twins MMC @ 13 weeks D&C
    Oct 2013 -  BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2013 -  BFP  DD Born 8/16/14 - Cholestasis at 36+5
    Nov 2016 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2016 - BFP  DD Born 6/19/17 @ 28+4 Severe Pre-E, IUGR, Cholestasis 
    Nov 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2019 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Feb 2022 - TTC #4 with IVF - RPL testing
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    June 2022 - IVF - 2 embryos - 1 transfered 6/22/22 - Transfer Failed
    July 2022 - FET

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    iiireneiiirene member

@tryingktogku it’s so nice when your little one starts being able to be somewhat independent! 

@mambo5-2 glad you’re almost done with BCP! 

Month/Cycle? 2/1

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not really  just hoping this is the one that returns to normal after birth control 

Any questions? Nope 

Rant/Rave? We went to visit my brother and SIL and their new baby this weekend and it’s totally fueling my baby fever. I can’t wait for my son to be able to play with his cousin! 

GTKY: What is something that you used to say "I would never do that as a parent" that you have totally done since having a kid?   
    Buy a bunch of stuffed animals. I thought they were so silly but then my son picked up a stuffed bear at the zoo gift shop and any ounce of self control I had left immediately as he hugged and cuddled it. 
  • Options

@tryingktogku I love the idea of having a positive mantra/energy going into this cycle. Fingers crossed it works out!

@mambo5-2 I'm sure that fear is so scary! No matter what happens, you got through that challenge once and your family can do it again if you have to. You are strong!

@iiirene Aw, I love cousins close in age! My DD also has a ridiculous number of stuffed animals, but her love for them is so sweet. 

Month/Cycle? 9/9 AL

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 4 (5 this summer)

Any thoughts about this cycle? A little hopeful, but cynical after all of the things

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? My last day at my job is next Tuesday and then I get some time at home with DD this summer before starting my next position. I can’t wait! It is her summer before kindergarten, so I am excited to get some special time together before she heads off to “big kid” school.

GTKY: What is something that you used to say "I would never do that as a parent" that you have totally done since having a kid? Make special food for my kid. I always thought I would make her eat whatever we were eating, but I have the world’s most adventurous husband and most picky kid so it isn’t often worth the fight.

• Options
    bbrahmbhattbbrahmbhatt member
    edited May 2022

Month/Cycle? 5/4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 13 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Mostly pessimistic I think. I think I've reached the "its not going to happen on it's own again" and just hoping that Clomid works. We haven't decided if we're going to try for one my cycle after this or go to Clomid for the next one. Feeling a bit defeated and foolish; I thought that maybe my OB would be right and it might happen easier for us since we are still in the "extra fertility" window. 

Any questions? I don't think so. 

Rant/Rave? I ended up staying later than usual and got called back in last night, so I'm just hoping I can get out early today. 

GTKY: What is something that you used to say "I would never do that as a parent" that you have totally done since having a kid? Probably screen time. DD loves Bluey, but it's the only thing we let her watch. 

ETA for typos.
  • Options
    @tryingktogku I love the positive energy and manifesting! I should take a leaf from your book and try more of that!

@mambo5-2 yay for almost being done with BCP and moving forward!

@iiirene aww, it's so cute when they cuddle a doll or stuffie, isn't it? My heart instantly melts. 

@abjm0325 I'm glad you get some time off to spend with your DD, that will be so fun and you'll make some amazing memories!

• Options
    @abjm0325 +1 on I would never make "kid" food but holy crap the amount of easy mac in my house is insane thank you 9 year old picky eater. 

@bbrahmbhatt ugh I hate when I get in the pessimist mindset, its so hard to shake. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @bbrahmbhatt I'm sorry, I totally understand the disappointment when the "extra fertile" doesn't seem to apply to you. Is your doctor willing to start Clomid next cycle? Would that make you feel more proactive?
  • Options
    It was really freaking hard to send all my kids to school today guys. Like really freaking hard. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    @anniemarie887 @mambo5-2 I am feeling the same way today. DD is in a private preschool with a locked door, cameras and a coded keypad access, but DH is a teacher in a public HS. I emailed both of my senators this morning to push for a vote and support H.R. 8 and H.R. 1446.

@abjm0325 she said she would write for Clomid whenever we decided to try it. We had arbitrarily picked 3 cycles to try on our own before going to Clomid. Part of me just wants to go to Clomid the next cycle, and part of me wants to wait, to see if it will happen since my cycle seems to be regulating and to give me a bit of time to get into better shape and hopefully lose a bit of weight before potentially getting pregnant (assuming Clomid works for us again). I think we're entering FW today, based on my EWCM last night and this morning, so we'll see. I guess we have to make a decision soonish on whether to try Clomid or not. 
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 this is exactly what I said to my H yesterday. "at least she's in a school that has a locked door", but as I dropped her off this morning, I was looking at the back gate and wondering if it has a lock on it. Maybe I should email and ask...
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.