September 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 5/23

Re: Weekly randoms 5/23

• Options
    Why is it just so satisfying when a previous (bad) workplace struggles? My first school was terrible - no support whatsoever and an insane workload - and they struggle to keep a hold of both teachers and admins. 
    I look at teaching jobs for funsies every now and then, and they are hiring an English teacher. They are also looking for a principal. I recognize about 1/3 of the staff and it's not quite five years since I left. I really hate the superintendent and I enjoy where I work, but I really want to apply out of spite. I don't think we would ever go back there, but I could seriously pay decent money to see the look on the superintendent's face when seeing my application.
    I am a great teacher now and I have learned so much which I never would have if I had stayed there, and I am a freaking hugely beneficial team member at this point. 
    I sent an email to their secretary about two typos on the application form and inquired about her son, who I taught as a 7th grader and he should be graduating this year. She's a nice person to the best of my understanding.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @pangolindrome I agree with you and you should apply just to get the satisfaction! My last company was all sorts of fucked up and they’ve repeatedly asked me to come back, I love turning them down over and over again. They offered no growth, they had a terrible culture, pay was awful, and the work just kept coming. I’m happy for where I am now and like to think I don’t hold grudges, but dismissing them really does feel so good after all the BS 🙈😂
  • Options
    mk2022xmk2022x member
    Why is it that ALL I want out of life is a good, solid upward dog pose and I can’t because it stretches my belly too much  🤦🏼‍♀️ 
  • Options
    laj0217laj0217 member
    @lucyg00cy what a great view! That’s going to be so cool to watch. 
  • Options
    @lucyg00cy is the color off in your photo? Those don't look like Robin eggs to me. They're normally blue.
  • Options
    @lucyg00cy how fantastic!
  • Options
    @jhysmath They look blue on my screen. 
  • Options
    @pangolindrome interesting they're definitely white with brown spots on mine.... Is this that blue/black or gold/white dress thing all over again?
  • Options
    pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    @jhysmath Oh dear. I forgot all about that 😂 that was during my half-time practicum for my MEd. Jeez. 

On another note, we’re finally getting low on distilled water so I unboxed the distiller. If I can’t work today, I can at least do that! I’m calling it our distiller Dalek, Mr. Distillek. That’s a gallon of distilled water next to it. It’s quite the chonk 😂 

• Options
    @mk2022x I hear you! Pre-belly I was all about the upward-facing dogs and cobra poses. Have you tried using some props? I found that I can get into the pose a little more comfortably if I put a bolster or blocks under my thighs.
  • Options
    @lucyg00cy How amazing! Definitely very cool view.
  • Options
    I got into my car to pick up DS from school and it felt like a sauna. I’m not sad about it, just sad that I have to wait to go in saunas and hot tubs… 4 more months!
  • Options
    @maple1422 love saunas! And you can totally go in saunas while pregnant. Just limit your time in them. At one point I heard 15 mins. Fun fact, my friend who lives in Finland said that saunas are recommended along with sex and exercise to instigate labor. I think Finns just wanted more excuses to take a sauna😂
  • Options
    @maple1422 I'm seconding what @babywiik said - the main issues seems to be around core body temperature increase, and that only happens if you stay in for a long time. I found a few differences of opinion about whether the "temperature cut off" is 101 or 102 degrees, and also about whether the "time cut off" is 15 or 30 minutes. If you really wanted to be cautious you could pop out on occasion to take your temperature. Like lots of things, it also looks like this might be a bigger concern earlier in pregnancy, so second trimester it might not be such a big deal.

As for saunas and labor induction, I wonder if it works! Saunas and hot tubs make me dizzy even when I'm not pregnant, so I'll continue to skip them. :D
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• Options
    @lucyg00cy that's an awesome view, but I am like @jhysmath and they aren't blue on my screen, but speckled brown and white. 
  • Options
    I’m not in nesting mode [yet?] but I remember it was WILD last time around. Found this blog of tips that some of you may find helpful. (It’s geared toward twin mamas, but applies to singletons too.)

https://twocametrue.com/nesting-while-pregnant-non-conventional-ways-to-get-organized-before-your-twins-arrive/