Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

So confused!

Hey all, I found out I was expecting at 4.5wks, Almost straight away I had bleeding, I was asked to go to hospital for bloods and they done a scan, which I was measuring at 5.5wks, the sac and yolk was present and everything looked fine, bleeding continued and I went back in the following week for another scan. They could see the sac but weren't sure if the yolk was present or not but there had been no growth from last weeks scan, so they told me in their opinion it is a non viable pregnancy and nature will take its course, I've been given until Thursday for this to happen, sadly nothing is happening so far bleeding has calmed right down no cramps etc am absolutely terrified and so confused. Has anyone been in a similar situation before? Advice welcome x

Re: So confused!

• @weel When you say "go to hospital" do you mean you went to the ER?  Or have you had your OB-GYN actually take scans and look into this?  Because honestly, the ER is not the most helpful/useful for these types of situations.  I would ensure your ob-gyn actually takes/looks at scans and your situation before definitively having a planned trajectory. 

Depending on your situation, it can take weeks for your body to recognize and start a MC.  Many women have missed miscarriages.  Sometimes those have to be kick-started with medication or a D&C performed.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• weelweel member
    Sorry am not sure what ER means but I went to the Early Pregnancy Clinic on both occasions and this is where I was scanned