October 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-In 5/16

pangolindromepangolindrome member
edited May 2022 in October 2022 Moms
GTKY shamelessly stolen from September as well as the addition of name.

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜:ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ:

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป:ย 
Baby's Name (if chosen):ย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€:ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?:ย 

R๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€:

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€:

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What's your guilty pleasure?ย 

Re: Weekly Check-In 5/16

• ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: 17+1. Due date 10/24, but hoping to go as long as early/mid September with tripletsย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Taco

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: TTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink x3 We found out at our last appointment that our identical triplets are girls!

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Next Friday

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Got a lot of energy back, but also trying not to overdo it. Loving the weather in the Midwest not being overly cold or overly hot. Definitely getting mood swings where I get sad easily or for no reason. Also pregnancy brain is still going strong.

R๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rave: Just so thankful for my husband and all he has been doing. Iโ€™m so glad he doesnโ€™t mind honey-do lists. No rants today.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: Anyone doing cloth diapers? I did disposable with my first two, but they were going to daycare. Wondering how it would work for 3 babies and if the upfront cost and everything would be worth it. Not sure how many Iโ€™d need per baby.

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What's your guilty pleasure? My mind is blank right now on this.
  • @jen_third22 I started doing cloth diapers with my first and it was honestly too much for me. I did them at work for years when I nannied and frankly I just never had it in me to keep up. It's A LOT of work. The upfront cost seems expensive but if you do it exclusively then it's not terrible. They also now make hoses you can attach to your toilet to spray poop off. Once a week you have to soak half in a solution to get the stink out (vinegar usually works well for this) but after a certain amount of time they end up with a permanent weird smell.ย 
    That being said I have multiple friends who did it through multiple kids and loved it. I'm personally just too lazy. I'm pro cloth diaper. I will say most of them did disposable for public outings because it was so much easier and no one wants to carry around a bag full of pee and poop soaked clothing. I think you're supposed to start with 20 per kid.ย 
  • Loading the player...
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: 10/18 18 weeks

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜:ย  NES classic controller

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: TTM+

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป:ย  finding out on June 1st
    Baby's Name (if chosen):ย  we won't decide until the baby is born especially if it's a boy. ๐Ÿคฃ

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€:ย  May 19 for my 18 week appointment

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?:ย  Yesterday we spent five hours at the zoo and I'm really feeling that today. My hips are absolutely killing me. I'm going to take it easy today.ย 
    Every time I do anything I'm worried that I'm going to lose the baby. There is no medical reason to fear this but I'm in a panic and since I only feel movement a few times a day I get scared I somehow managed to do something to hurt the baby even when I'm just walking and staying very hydrated.ย 

R๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: We got the pool cover off and we have to get it cleaned out more, balance the chemicals, and then we can put the solar cover on. I'm so close to being able to lounge in the pool and do water aerobics/swim. I'm so excited. I already bought my favorite pregnancy float. I have another one I need to get.ย 

I absolutely adore my husband. We've been together for a long time and have gone through so many seasons and dealt with so much. I'm so happy we decided to have a fourth baby. It's going to throw life into complete chaos for at least two years but two years is nothing in the grand scheme of things. I asked him the other day why he decided he did want another baby and his response was "what the hell? What's one more?" ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What's your guilty pleasure? Treating myself to Starbucks every single time I leave the house to run the most minor errand.ย 
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: October 13 / 18w5d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Bell Pepper/Artichoke

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป:ย  Green
    Baby's Name (if chosen):ย  We have a boy first name and a girl first name chosen, but we're going to keep it private until birth.ย  We are still working on middle names though.

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: This Friday a routine OB check in - next Friday anatomy scan and fetal echo

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Physically the best I've felt in this pregnancy, although I crash HARD around 6PM and my boobs are really sore.ย  Mentally I really wish I could feel the baby moving regularly because it's stressing me out (even though I know it can be normal).ย  Also feeling so nervous for the next anatomy scan/fetal echo even though my early one went fine.ย ย 

R๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: It's finally beautiful spring here and I've been walking a ton which feels great, but I'm so nervous about the intense heat to come this summer.ย  I already started swelling this weekend after logging 4/5 miles and it being about 80 degrees.ย ย  :(

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: Does anyone use a mini crib (convertible)?ย  It seems like there are far less options as far as convertible mini cribs go.ย  I would love to hear your feedback if you've had one!

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What's your guilty pleasure?ย  I don't feel too guilty about it, but I love any spa treatment - massage, facial, mani/pedi, etc.ย  I love those all day Korean spas as well with the saunas and pools, but those are a no go for pregnancy.ย ย 
  • @sandy5693 you just reminded me to schedule a Mani Pedi for this weekend. I have zero guilt about it. My husband calls that stuff (jokingly) wife maintenance fees. For him it's just standard care costs and he actively encourages it.ย 
  • @krysnicole1022 For the cloth diapers, I feel like it could be a lot too. I really thought hard with my first, but ended up not doing it. Iโ€™ll probably get too overwhelmed and not do it, but I want to at least entertain the idea. Also, Iโ€™m jealous you have a pool!
  • @jen_third22 you could give it a shot! You don't have to do them exclusively. I had friends that had a cloth outer and a disposable lining.ย 
  • mia80mia80 member
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: Oct 29 / 16+3

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Avocado this week

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding out next month
    Baby's Name (if chosen):ย We have a girl name chosen, nothing at all for a boy name. We did family names for our son, and want to do the same for this baby, but I feel like we took all the good boy names already!!! (not a fan of Gord, Bob, Ed or Joe!!!)

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Thursday for a regular OB appointment

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Overall not too bad. Not as tired as the first trimester, but some days by the time we get the toddler to bed I can't move off the couch for the rest of the night!!!ย  Also feeling a little stressed. We're building a house this year, which we're super excited about, but cash is going to be tight because we want to finish the basement while the build is happening, and with going on mat leave for a year I'm trying to save as much as I can and running out of time!!!

R๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rant: Had a complete meltdown last Friday just stressed with money and work. I imagine hormones aren't helping!!!ย  But we had a nice relaxing weekend and feeling a bit more in control this week. Rave: I'm showing WAY earlier this time than with my son, and I love it!ย  No kicks or anything, but seeing how big my tummy is sure is nice!

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What's your guilty pleasure? Survivor!! Totally my guilty please... I LOVE IT!!!

@jenn_third22, I feel like cloth diapering with triplets would be a LOT of work!ย  I thought about it with our son, but my husband flat out said he would not help with any part of that, so we went straight to disposable

@sandy5693, I need to go for a pedicure now!
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  Sept. 27th / 21+0

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Endive. She's a very fancy lettuce indeed.

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM.

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: PINK!!!

Baby's Name (if chosen):ย June Elizabeth T.ย (JET). June after hubbs' maternal gma (close to my maternal gma's middle name, Jane) and Elizabeth after my paternal gma (close in style to hubbs' paternal gma Victoria).

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Telehealth week 24 check-in on June 6th. They also gave me the glucose solution for my 28-week GD check. UGH. I went with lemon/lime this time.

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Expansive but good. I'm still not very large and the rest of my body looks the same, but it's the little things. Since I walk doggo in a remote area, I have sometimes just worn a thin zip-up hoodie over my sports bra and if I get warm, I'll zip it down to my belly until some vehicle passes by. However, the zipper now rests on my skin which is super uncomfortable, so I can't do it anymore. I also can't breathe as well when I bend over which is a real bummer.ย 

Rant: We're having problems with mice in the RV so we've gotten some new traps and I caught one scurrying around the living room before my walk this morning. I'm thankful I managed to catch the little pest, but STILL!

Rave:
    It's a GIRL and she gave us such a nice, clear view that I felt a little embarrassed. She also gave us a full "hang ten" with those amazingly cute little feet. Hubbs also showered our dog on Sunday and she's so soft and fluffy now, I am glad she's snuggly because I don't want to stop touching herย 3ย soย soooooft. Finally, I've enjoyed talking to our little girl and using her name. We both said "Goodnight, June" and I squealed a little.
    Oh, and I discovered bread and butter pickles. They taste like Swedish pickles!!! I'm so excited!

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: If stretch marks show up, when does it usually happen? Is it around the "pop" or later?

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What's your guilty pleasure? Having a nice pastry/treat and Dutch Bros alone OR a bag of chips after a really healthy meal and then watching something either really saucy (Outlander) or something that emphasizes how much worse life could be. Oh, and listening to podcast episodes about people who left/escaped cults.

• Stretch marks can happen anytime. It's a always a surprise.ย 
  • ficheyfichey member
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:Sept 26

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Banana

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ:FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink!
    Baby's Name (if chosen): We'll be lucky to agree on a name before we leave the hospital lol

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Part 2 of our anatomy scan next Monday. Last visit baby girl was moving too much to get a good view of her heart and spine. No red flags otherwise, so I'm looking forward to seeing her again! At my check-in yesterday they wanted to schedule all my appointments for the rest of of my pregnancy. That felt like a lot to take in so I asked if we could just get the next two on the books. It's so strange to think that we're already at the halfway (or more!) point.ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Overall, so much better these days. I'm starting to get a bit puffy at night, especially if I've been up and about all day, but it's not too bad.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: We went out to visit family/friends on the other side of the country and had a mini baby shower/bbq and it was just so lovely. Seeing and feeling how excited everyone is to meet this baby was truly indescribable. I'm so thankful that she'll be surrounded with so much love. I also had some great interviews with doulas this week so I'm glad that I'll finally have that squared away in the next few days.ย 

R๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: After we got home from our trip my husband went out with some friends and caught COVID. He's quarantined in the office and I don't have it/feel fine. It's just ironic that we have a successful cross-country trip and he gets it down the street. Neither of us have tested positive until now, so I'm a bit frustrated and very much looking forward to getting my 2nd booster in the 3rd trimester.ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What's your guilty pleasure? Drawing myself a fancy bath and online shopping.ย 

@mia80 I had a similar breakdown last week. Our HVAC was on the fritz, needed to replace my windshield after it got cracked from a construction truck, nursery furniture, clothes, regular household maintenance.....everything just needed to be paid all at once and I was super overwhelmed--especially knowing how much our expenses are going to increase with baby.ย ย 

@jen_third22 We're probably going to do a cloth/disposable combo. Maybe like an 80/20 split with cloth during the day and disposables at night/if we're traveling. I'm still looking into what kind of system would work for us since it seems like there is an overwhelming amount of options, but that also means we can probably find something that will be a good fit. I'm also not planning to do it for the first month or two, so not in a huge rush to figure it out.
  • @jen_third22 I found a service called DyDee diaper services, they are deliver the cloth diapers, pail and deodorizers weekly, and pick up the used cloth diapers. No need to soak or clean them. ย Its about $30/week and I think it will a lot easier way to do cloth diapers! They are in Michigan, but I definitely found that there are a lot of companies out there like this. Congrats!ย 
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: Oct 26 16w+6

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: ๐Ÿฅ‘

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STMย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Green
    Baby's Name (if chosen):ย Boy: James Albert (hubby insists) Girl: TBDย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Next Thursday, will book 20 anatomy scan at that appointmentย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: More energy, a bit of nausea, headaches.ย 

R๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rant: Iโ€™m too big for my regular jeans and too small for my mat jeans to fit nicely. Itโ€™s annoying.ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: Any suggestions on dealing with headaches other than medicine? I pound the water all day and no relief.ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What's your guilty pleasure? Chocolate & Popcorn. Every. Night.ย 

• krthousekrthouse member
    edited May 2022
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: 20w, October 5th

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Axolotl! Banana.

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink!

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: extra ultrasound on the 24th to get a clearer view of baby's profile

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Achy, but good. My dissociative feelings have eased so much since seeing her in the anatomy scan thriving away. I also think learning the sex (either way it had gone) helps her feel more like a little person

R๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rave: on our first overnight vacation since our honeymoon with DH's family. I was really nervous that my toddler would struggle with the new space but he got into the cottage we rented and was immediately excited to discover everything and run around. I also got to have a bath while DH had a nap because the fam took DS to the beach.
    Rant: After 2 years of predominantly being just us at home I'm so not used to so much talking and people and ideas in my living space. DH's family is so fun but also very chatty and talk over eachother so I've had several moments of feeling overwhelmed.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: Anyone finding good tips for soothing achy hips or, even better, avoiding them getting so achy overnight? I already do the pillow between the knees while side sleeping.

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What's your guilty pleasure? Probably regular Starbucks visits. There's one two blocks away from our place and it's deadly.
  • @jen_third22 We did cloth diapering with DS until he was maybe 22 or 23 months. We used a diaper service that drops off clean liners once a week and pick up the dirty ones. It's a bit pricy, but it was so much easier than cleaning it all ourselves and we rarely had diaper rash issues. We used disposables occasionally in a pinch and found we had way less blowouts with the cloth ones we used. We stopped using the service because his toddler pee output got to be too much for even their heavy wetter liners so we switched to Hello Bello and have been happy with them. We plan to start with cloth again with this baby too. In terms of number of guards, you don't need a fresh one every change. We would spot clean them with wipes, but if there was a blowout or if we'd used it for a few changes we'd grab a fresh one. How many you need depends how often you plan to be doing laundry. You could probably do 3-5 per baby per size stage? Some of them work for more sizes with various snaps options.
  • @krthouse You might need to stretch/massage your IT band if your hips ache and you might also need to strengthen your glutes. IT band interactions are among my least favorite, and you should under no circumstances foam roll them (my SIL is a physical therapist and says you're more likely to put too much pressure on them than to actually help when foam rolling), but we both do vacuum cupping as needed and have a massage gun. It really helps.
    The standing advice is also that near-everyone needs to strengthen their glutes because it helps your backs, helps balance your hips, and does a whole bunch of good stuff for the body.
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: 18w5d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: post card

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: stm

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: blue

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: ultrasound next Thursdayย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: getting a lot of morning sore throats, achy, I swear, I keep thinking I have Covid but Iโ€™m just pregnant ๐Ÿ˜‚

R๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: At my last checkup on Monday, my doctor told me to slow down on my eating bc Iโ€™m gaining too muchโ€ฆ.after I already bought stuff to make a cherry pie. Itโ€™s not like I can let it go to waste!ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย What's your guilty pleasure? 90 day fiancรฉ, although this season seems boring so farย 
  • @reirei84 I love 90 Day Fiance but I'm so behind on seasons!!! Kyle and Noon are my faaaavorite couple ever from the show. I miss when they at least had one happy couple per season instead of them all being messy.
  • @stephers_ I do that also! I love other people's wild drama. I don't like it in my real life and I avoid it at all costs which includes going no contact with my entire family. I love reading other people's family and relationship drama. ๐Ÿคฃ
  • Wait... @reirei84 seriously? In four pregnancies I've had one (male) doctor tell me I need to try to slow down my weight gain. I've already gained 14 pounds at 18.5 weeks. (plus the ten from the previous few months of miscarriages and stress eating but they don't know that). I basically told my OB this go round that I was going to gain 40 lbs.ย