Upcoming Appointments or Results:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check In w/o 5/16

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 25th, 34w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Wednesday for US and check up

How are you feeling?: Significantly better than last week!

Rants/Raves: Well Covid sucked. It wasn’t until Saturday that I finally started feeling better. I’m still in that “just grateful to be better” stage after being sick. I’m not 100% yet, but I also don’t know that I’ll get there considering… ::gestures generally at stomach::. My periodontist office was very kind and let me push my implants appointment by a week. At first they said their next availability was mid June and that was going to be cutting it just a bit too close, so she moved things around to get me in next Tuesday instead. This also has the benefit of being after my interviews this week!

The reality of actually having a kid soon is hitting me hard. Like this is actually happening. I’ve finally stopped giving myself a hard time about not being excited enough or feeling bonded yet. Now it’s just this eerie calm of the waters receding before a tsunami. It’s all going to be fine (hopefully better than fine!), I’m just under no disillusions about how difficult of an interpersonal transition it’ll be for me.

Questions: Anybody freezing meals for postpartum and have recipe recommendations or just general tips?
  • @pinkkillersheep I don't have freezer meals, but we stocked our freezer with things that are easy to cook or hubby can make (like steaks, sausages, stuff he can grill for example). Also, trader joe's has some great freezer meals and items that we love that are easy to pop into the microwave or on a stove and don't require a ton of cooking and cleanup, so will just get a few of those. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 34w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: OB checkup tomorrow

How are you feeling?: Large and uncomfortable. I got a belly band for support so it helps for around the house. Outdoor walks are getting harder and harder and I find myself unable to walk more than 10-15 mins at a time before I feel cramping and pressure. We were out and about the entire weekend and I'm so out of it today. Also, feet are swollen and I have enormous cankles. Only 1 pair of shoes fits me at this point. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - swollen feet make it very uncomfortable to stand for prolonged periods of time. Lots of pressure down there and cramping on and off. 
    Rave - I would hate to jinx it, but DD started sleeping again without coming over 10 times a night. She promises to sleep well when we put her to sleep and then in the morning comes over saying she kept her promise. There's been lots of praising and rewarding and I'm praying it continues this way so mama can get some sleep until baby comes! 

Questions: n/a, but I'm sure I'll think of some once I post this. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Loading the player...
  • KFrobKFrob member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 17th, 35w 3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: had ultrasound on last Friday.  She wouldn’t cooperate so no pictures.  Apparently her head is jammed right down in my pelvis. Start weekly appts now, have pap/GB/cervical check on Friday. 

How are you feeling?: large. The insomnia has kicked in and it’s making me exhausted.  I broke down and took a Benadryl Friday night and had a glorious night sleep and so much energy on Sat. 

Rants/Raves:  I finally got a massage on Sat and it was the best massage of my life. I also took the day off today. I ran some errands, got my hair cut and highlighted, eye brows done, and I’m getting a pedi right now.  I feel a little guilty when there’s so much to do at home but this makes up for the lack of self care over the last 6 or so years.  I also won’t look like a disaster in the pictures when this belly creature comes. 

Questions: 

@pinkkillersheep so glad you’re feeling better! That grateful you’re feeling better feeling is such a trick! You’re like yeah, this is great, I can do stuff and then just want to go to bed 5 mins later. I’m
    the opposite with my feeling and I just realized this baby is coming and I’m in complete panic.  Even though this is my 4th it’s the most scared I’ve been to give birth.  I’m doing the same thing as @Tulips29 and we’re going to stock up on a bunch of Trader Joe’s frozen stuff and easy meals to throw together. I’m going to get a ton of healthy snacks too since breastfeeding makes me ravenous. I feel guilty and wasteful using them but paper plates are a life saver.  

@tulips29 I’m feeling the same way with cramping, pressure, and swelling.  Even just standing in the kitchen trying to talk to DH I can feel the extra weight and swelling on my feet. My rings finally had to go this weekend from the swelling in my hands.  So glad your DD is over coming the sleep issues and you’re getting some rest! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 36w4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: check-up on Thursday. 

How are you feeling?: very tired. My feet and ankles are now swollen! I’m on iron pills, so going to the washroom was challenging at times, but for the past week my stool has soften so much, and washroom trips are so darn frequent now. 

Rants/Raves: I’m annoyed with how long it takes me to do simple things. Like why am I so pooped after clearing the table! 

Questions: none

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 35 + 1, scheduled c-section 6/13

Upcoming Appointments or Results: had one today. Apparently my iron levels are a little low but my OB is ok with me just handling it with diet instead of an iron supplement. The creature is still transverse (and I am positive it’s not going to move) so I asked if I would have to have a T incision for the c-section. Her response boils down to “hopefully not, if it cooperates.” To which I replied, “well, I’ll just mentally prepare myself for that because its track record doesn’t look like it’s going to cooperate now.” 

How are you feeling?: sort of all over the place. I have a big thing for my business tomorrow and that on top of solo parenting for the weekend just makes me a little frantic. Also swollen and hip pain and pelvic pain and waking up from reflux and the rest. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - I don’t feel like my to-do list is shrinking at all. Like I don’t think I get the whole nesting urge just like I don’t get the whole craving thing, but I’m a month out from extraction day and I don’t want feel like I need to do a bunch of stuff while I’m recovering. Rave - cream cheese from the bagel shop is fantastic.

Questions:
  • @pinkkillersheep
    I need to start planning meals or my children & I will starve 😭
    Actually I began the hello fresh thing & I’m hoping it’ll be handy enough my DH will help cook. 
    @KFrob yes, me too, I’m beginning to panic internally. I fear he may come 3 weeks early like my last & that gives me only 3 weeks to be ready. Then there’s labor thoughts. I’m freaking out inside about all things. 
    @Tulips29
    ouch! I don’t have any swelling but I can relate to pain. I hold on to the hope that all this discomfort will go away after birth. 
    This last month sure is a exhausting & excruciating for all of us. I had forgotten how unpleasant these last weeks are. 
    Hope you’re able to take frequent small  breaks. That’s my plan this week. 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @mamaheidy2 I’m with you on the frustration over simple tasks.  Everything is so exhausting! 

@fluteling fingers crossed the LO shifts! I’ve been dying for a really good bagel with a ton of cream cheese. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 19 35 w 2 days 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: ob app on Monday. 

How are you feeling?: the usual. Round and bitchy. 

Rants/Raves: I had my baby shower on Saturday and everything went great. After the baby shower my MIL went on my registry and bought like 9 more gifts because she can’t contain her excitement. My sons papa (my ex husbands dad) also came to the baby shower because he told me he wanted to come as this will be his first granddaughter (even though no bio relationship) so I am just feeling all the love from all the sides. 

Questions: are you guys team keep baby in until due date or are we trying to get these babies out of us as soon as given the okay by the OB? 

@pinkkillersheep I am not worrying about freezer meals at this point because I am not the chef in this house. However, I’m going to grab a few things of raviolis and tortellini from the store and toss those in the freezer for when we are both overwhelmed 

@kfrob I totally forgot we could take Benadryl…I guess I know what I will be doing tonight. 

@fluteling my nesting comes and goes and I don’t really have the craving thing either. More like my tastes change to like or dislike certain things. But like there’s no middle of the night crying over not having pickles. But I snorted at “extraction day” 😂😂

• KFrobKFrob member
    @marionberry19 I’m team keep the baby in until safe and then the eviction notice being served asap.  But I want control over this situation.  I’m completely freaking out that she’ll come on her own before my induction date.  The first issue is I don’t want to have a bathroom baby. The second issue is I’m always GBS positive and will have her too fast for the drugs to kick in if left to my own devices and they’ll make us stay at the hospital longer. And third having DH, DD2 and DD2, DD1, my ILs (who are taking the kids at go time) and me all in different towns will create a logistical nightmare should I go into labor in the middle of the day and I have no plan created yet. I should get on that. 
  • @KFrob your day of pampering sounds glorious! I'm glad you were able to have a "me" day. 

@mamaheidy2 yes, the simple things wipe me out here as well. 

@fluteling you just helped me add a question to the list for my OB today. This kid has not been cooperating last few appointments as well, so now I'm wondering about that T incision also. Hopefully these babies start turning! 

@marionberry19 that's so nice of your MIL and ex's dad! As for getting the baby to come out early, I am torn. I keep saying I'd love to him to come out between 37-38 weeks, but also hoping he cooperates until then given DD came at 35.5 weeks and me having a higher change of pre-term labor now. But I also keep thinking if I can do any home remedies to get him to come out earlier, even though my OB won't allow for a VBAC given my prior 2 c-sections and complications. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @marionberry19 Im due June 9, I need 2 more weeks and I think I’ll be ready for baby! So if she could come June 1st that would be great! 
  • elmann1elmann1 member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  I'm 33w 4d, scheduled c-section June 24th 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Last weeks appointment was great, all is well. Had bloodwork done for my thyroid, iron and stds (?!) all good, all normal! 

How are you feeling?: Nervous, afraid of birth and what it'll be like. My first was so traumatic and also a c-section, but with a child at home, I'm nervous on where we will leave her if I spontaneously go into labor. It's the end of the school year so I'd hate for her to miss all the fun stuff. I'm feeling very large and kind of crampy which freaks me out. Not period cramps, just like stretching cramps. I'm very tired and just started coming back into the office full time which sucks because I have to pee every ten minutes. I'm 5'1 so at 33 weeks I feel like I'm huge. nothing quite fits :( but my Birkenstocks are the best and I wear them to the office every single day. 

Rants/Raves: Bought two new dresses from Target that are super cute and flowy and HAVE POCKETS! I also bought a new pair of platform Converse that are super cute with all of my dresses for work. My job held a virtual baby shower for me and purchased almost everything on our registry, so I actually have things for baby now! I had just been putting it off and forgetting everything honestly.

Questions: Has anyone had any nosebleeds? I've never had one in my life and just got one this morning. Pollen is high in my city and I've had a small headache all week. I don't really know what to do about it. I usually use Flonase during allergy season. Also, how are everyones Braxton Hicks contractions? I've had so many since I was 19 weeks and I get them all day long everyday. I told my doctor and she said it's normal, but gosh they're annoying and uncomfortable. I drink lots of water and try to sit when it happens, but now it feels like my full tummy gets hard. I will not miss this at all.
  • KFrobKFrob member
    Ugh. My doctors office just called to tell me they rescheduled my induction from the 14th to the 17th (which is my actual due date).  Now I’m freaking out even more about spontaneous labor happening. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 13th, 36+1, Induction scheduled for 5/23!

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: I've been going frequently because in the last two weeks I've developed high blood pressure and they found protein in my urine so I've been diagnosed with "mild pre-eclampsia" so I'm testing my blood pressure 2x a day and if it gets too high, they'll induce immediately, but we are all hoping she can keep cooking until 37 weeks, then I'll be induced!

How are you feeling?:  Have a baby in 1 week instead of having a baby in 4 weeks feels very different, but I am grateful we had a little time to get things ready after the scare last week where they wanted to induce me immediately bc my BP was so high!  I'm grateful for any days she gets to cook a little longer and also looking forward to meeting her soon.  But it's definitely surreal.

Rants/Raves: Rave: I've been swimming (slowly and only about 8-10 laps) and it's really helped my freakishly swollen hands and feet.  Rant: my swollen hands now have carpal tunnel and it's awful.

Questions:  Anyone have any tips about being induced?  I am afraid it's going to be much more painful - I had wanted to go without an epidural but now I might get one.  Also, I'm afraid of the foley balloon.  I'm trying to do things to make my cervix "ripen" now - eating dates, drinking raspberry tea, bouncing on the ball, etc.  Let me know if you have any magic tricks please :)

@pinkkillersheep so glad you're feeling better!
    @Tulips29 - my cankles are also out of this world, it's like a stuffed sausage from the thigh down, sometimes I barely have knees!
    @KFrob - your spa day sounds incredible!!  and i imagine it's impossible to do any of those things once you have a newborn so that's brilliant!
    @babybump3coming - it's reassuring to know these last few weeks are hard on everyone.  i'm sad to know everyone is so uncomfortable but it's nice to know it's not just me!
    @marionberry19 I don't have a choice now.  This baby is coming at 37 weeks via induction, if not sooner.  I've got to be honest - I want her to cook as long as possible and be as healthy as possible, but i will be so happy to have her on the outside!  I feel a little relieved that it's scheduled for sooner than I imagined.
    @elmann1 - my belly has also been getting rock hard all the time - pretty much at any exertion on my part!  There's no pain, only discomfort, but it looks and feels so weird.  it's very intense.
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @shoarmie99 disclaimer my experience with induction might not be the norm and I am all about the epidural so not trying for med free.  I was already like 4cm dilated and I only had pitocin.  I didn’t think the contractions were any worse, but they got really strong much faster than my natural labors.  I went from feeling fine with some slightly painful contractions to begging for an epidural in about an hour.  I have heard from others though that they think the contractions are worse.  My mom managed a med free induction with my brother. 
  • @pinkkillersheep I hadn't even thought about freezer meals, but good idea to be prepared. We have a lot of take out places nearby, so might do that some days.

@Tulips29 I used to put ice packs on my swollen feet during the last pregnancy. My shoe size went up last time. 

@KFrob I am glad you finally go a day to yourself.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 9th/ 36 weeks  6 days

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Had Ultrasound today. 

How are you feeling?: acid reflux, vomiting some days, but then feel better after throwing up.

Rants/Raves: Almost time to meet baby. Excited but also wondering how it will be with 2 kids. My DD and I already have our daily routine, so have to adjust to a new one. 

Questions:

• Rant: Checked in, got ultrasound, they said go back to waiting room like always, wait forever, so I make sure they know I am here because getting close to my appointment time, and she says, oh we didn't know you were back because you didn't check back in. I don't remember ever checking in twice since I check in when I get here for both appointments. 

Will be so glad to be done with weekly appointments. Tired of the long wait. I got spoiled at my Fertility doctor's office because they were always early or on time. 

Really feel like leaving since my appointment was 10:30 and already 10:42 and haven't even gotten my vitals checked, but have questions and want a cervix check. 

• @marionberry19 team GET THIS BABY OUT. I’m so jealous of people who go 1-2 weeks early with a healthy baby. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • KFrobKFrob member
    I just got back from the doctor’s and I’m 1.5 cm dilated. Bouncing between panic that we are not ready and cynicism bc I walked around dilated with DD3 forever and she had to be evicted.