October 2022 Moms
Options

FFFC 5/13

Let’s hear ‘em….

*Not guaranteed to be flame free!

Re: FFFC 5/13

• Options
    edited May 2022
    People keep asking me if I want a boy or girl and I usually say that as long as the baby is healthy and arrives on time then I'll be happy...
     The reality is that I do have a strong preference that's not based on anything except easier names and re-using my favorite baby clothes for a final times. It makes me feel kind of shitty because I will genuinely be happy either way but I definitely have a preference. 
    Edit to add that I have two girls and a boy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    edited May 2022

My FFFC is for my peloton friends, I’ve spent way too much energy trying to figure out what the F is going on with Leanne and Ben? They’ve dropped off the face of the earth all week and Jess Sims replaced Leanne at the homecoming event today. Some people are speculating that they are sick but her classes are cancelled through like 5/25, his are only cancelled this week. I care way too much about this 😂
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    @krysnicole1022 Honestly, I'm 100% hoping for a girl, and don't care who knows it! As long as the baby is healthy I'll be happy, and it's not like I'll love a boy any less... but I want a girl!!
  • Options
    @mia80 and @krthouse I want another girl. My son is actually my favorite kid because he's a total Mama's boy and I selfishly want him to be the only boy. I have two girls worth of girl clothes and I have clothes my son wore that I love but I would love to be able to use the whole lot. If we have another boy I'll love being able to use the piles of dragon pjs we've had since my oldest was a baby but it would be fun to have one last go round with all the ruffles, fluff, and pizza dragons. Plus girl names are so so much easier. I could name ten more girls and still have ideas. I've got nothing for a boy. 
  • Options
    sandy5693sandy5693 member
    edited May 2022
    I hate the gender question (do you want a boy or girl) and since we're waiting until birth to find out & had trouble conceiving everyone responds "well I guess you'll be happy no matter what considering".  I don't know why it irks me so much, but this was our plan (to wait) even before we had infertility issues and just always seemed fun. 

I think I've just been cranky in general with everyone's feedback!! Everyone tells me not to listen to anyone's advice and then proceeds to tell me their one thing that I MUST do  :D
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @sandy5693

I am so annoyed just picturing someone saying that to you! 

I wasn’t that excited about finding out what we were having is because I knew I would be so annoyed by everyone’s reactions no matter what. Every time someone asks they are like “oh perfect, 1 of each. Congratulations!” Okay well I would have been beyond happy with a girl so would that not be congratulatory?

• Options
    mia80mia80 member
    @krysnicole1022 We've had our girl name picked out for 3 years now and I really want to use it because it's so perfect!!! We had so more difficulty picking out boy names, and I feel like we used the good ones on our son so if we have another boy his name won't have as much meaning!

@bows22 and @sandy5693 I think I'm just annoying, and when people ask those questions I give them the stupidest answers back!  Like if someone asks if we're having a boy or a girl I just say 'I hope so!' or something else equally vague and random. Or with our son, after we knew it was a boy, when people would say 'congratulations, that's so exciting', I would reply with 'and you wouldn't have been excited if it was a girl?'.

I just don't understand the point of some of the comments and questions!
  • Options
    Because it's our fourth we get asked "was it planned?" I'm a very private person and that is the only thing stopping me from responding with a pointed comment about the number of miscarriages I had to get to this point. I'm now just going to respond with "We just don't know how this keeps happening when we don't use protection and track ovulation?" No idea. Complete mystery. And like I get it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. More than half of my 17 nieces and nephews were surprises and they are loved either way but after the miscarriages I get annoyed about being asked if I lucked into it. 
  • Options
    @mia80 when we found out our third was a boy people told us that we should be happy for the change because girls are too much work. Um excuse me ...I didn't give away my older kids. They are standing right here. 
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    @krysnicole1022 I love how people always assume what you should want and tell you when to be happy... Uggghh

• Options
    @krysnicole1022 @mia80 I would also have been happy with a boy, but… in FFFC fashion, every time a student told me they hoped it was a boy, I have had this little internal sinking feeling in my stomach because I do NOT feel equipped to deal with a penis. There, I said it. 
    @krthouse As someone who had a hard time accepting myself as a girl until I was… maybe 9-10, because none of the stereotypes fit, that is such a beautiful sentence to read. Completely agree!

All this being said, we already agreed that regardless of sex, this kid is learning how to clean, cook, do basic car maintenance, is learning martial arts/self defense, scuba diving… so our girl will be a very capable human because we just don’t see it as terribly optional 😂 

FFFC: 3d ultrasounds freak me out and I’m thankful I’m bot getting one. I am fine with other people loving them, but I will scroll more quickly past them.

• Options
    @pangolindrome My husband was adamant that we don't circumcise any boys we have (he is circumcised he just doesn't think we should take a knife to a penis without consent) and I'm definitely not equipped to deal with a penis. Especially one that I'm trying to teach to clean it and he is adamant he doesn't want to. 🙄🙄🙄 I've finally gotten to the point where he will clean it in the shower and he's four. My son refuses to let my husband help in the shower so me with my lack of penis is trying to teach my son how to take care of it. 🤦‍♀️

My daughter went through a princess phase but she is mostly into things that girls at school would mercilessly tease her for. She loves scary stories, spiders, snakes, wearing pants, getting dirty, and all the bugs. I hope to someday live in a world where there are just "kid" things and not "boy" or "girl" things. My daughter shouldn't be bullied because she loves tarantulas and often wears shirts with spiders on them. We were told that it could be a trigger for girls who are scared of spiders. She's homeschooled now.
  • Options
    @krysnicole1022 annnd that neatly sums up why I hope we only have girls (if we decide to have another. Dang. However, we already agreed to circumcise if it was a boy. This might sound really bad but I have enough experience with both to know that there has been no downside for my husband, and he’s clearly a fan…. So why not? It is SUPER WEIRD that it’s not a religious thing over here but also definitely a train I would get on. 
  • Options
    @pangolindrome I nannied for a little boy and his circumcision was botched and it was nasty. He ended up having surgery to fix it later. That kind of scarred me.