November 2022 Moms

Second trimester headaches

Week 14 has been constant headaches and nausea. My headache got so bad I puked last night even though I didn’t have morning sickness in the first trimester. I called my ob to let them know I’ve been having constant headaches for two days and they said to just take it easy and take Tylenol. I feel terrible and can barely get out of bed. Does anyone else feel this way?

Re: Second trimester headaches

• Yes!! As of Wednesday I’ve been having migraines along with throwing up!
    I’ve thrown up more these past two days then in my first trimester which was none.
    I can barely keep water down during a headache it’s hard to take Tylenol! Twice has it ended up in the toilet.
    I thought I was alone.
  • Hi!  Just to keep the board organized it's helpful if anything related to symptoms goes in the monthly symptom thread and any type of question goes in the question thread. You can also ask your question in your weekly check in that's organized by due date.  Please also introduce yourself in our introductions thread so that we can get to know you.  Thanks for helping keep the board organized and building our community of moms!
  • Loading the player...
  • I’ve had occasional headaches but not that bad. I’d make sure to keep your doctor informed, but not much else you can do other than follow their recommendations. Make sure you’re drinking enough water. You need more during pregnancy, and dehydration can definitely be a factor with headaches. 
  • Ugh yes I had my first taste of one last night/this morning. It seems unfair that my second trimester headaches have started while I still have my first trimester nausea. 
  • I have had headaches every single day and that make me very irritable. I would really prefer not to take Tylenol if I do not need too. I am only a daily aspirin so tbh I take it and then go make something with caffeine.. Tea, matcha or even a coke although soda is bad, I know. I get aura migraines so I know how crappy headaches can get. Recently though I have a strong suspicion that these 2nd trimester headaches are caused by allergies for me so I am starting my flonase back up because the zyrtec is NOT cutting it.
    So, make sure it is not low blood sugar or high BP first.. Then try a little caffeine if you can. =s