Baby Names

Whimsical Boy Names?

We're having a surprise this October and have not been able to settle on any boy names.

Looking for something whimsical and fanciful - an image that comes to mind is a good natured protagonist resting peacefully under a big green tree.

Medieval and fantasy names are welcome, just nothing too obvious please (e.g. Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, etc.).
Also please avoid names beginning with A or B as that's our initials.

Here's a short list of some options we've come up with to give an idea of what we've been looking for.

Clovis
Davien
Lachlan
Lucien
Nolan
Osric
Rhys
Ronan
Rowan
Tristan
Westley
Weston

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 💕 Thank you!
[Crossposed on another forum]

Re: Whimsical Boy Names?

• mb0112mb0112 member
    Alistair
    Dominic
    Orson
    Oliver
    Theodore
    Cillian
    Samson 

• Gunnar
    Finley
    Thor
    Cecil
    Finnegan 
    Finley
    Soren
    Cedric 
    Tully
    Tobias
  • Loading the player...
  • I love the name Rowan! There was a character in a series I read as a kid with a MC named Rowan. It was a fantasy-type series so the name totally brings me back to that world of childhood imagination and wonder. 

Finnegan is another adventurey exciting name that comes to mind. NN Finn.  
  • Agree that Rowan is a cute name. I’ve always thought Sky was a nice name (androgynous too, I’ve heard it used for both boy and girl, sometimes short for Skyler). I like that your name list is whimsical but not over the top. My SIL seriously considered naming her son Periwinkle 😋 😱
  • Ah thanks! Yeah, we're trying to keep it simple enough (thinking about student roll call helps). Unfortunately my last name is Mallard (like the duck) so can't go with Sky, Soren, or any other nature-specific name lol.
    Also it's bad enough my name is Amber, I could never name the rest of my kids after colors :D
  • I just finished reading a series where one of the mAin characters names were Knight. I have been in love with the name ever since too bad my hubby doesn’t love it. But
    Knight Millard has a nice ring to it 
  • Rowan, Weston or Alistair