November 2022 Moms
Options

Baby Names!

I know a lot of people have been thinking about names, and there's been talk about starting this thread, so I figured might as well!
Do you have a name picked already? Thinking about names? No clue?
Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
F born June 2018
W born September 2020
#3 due November 2022

Re: Baby Names!

• Options
    mflowers929mflowers929 member
    edited May 2022
    We have kind of a weird naming convention. Our children have single syllable names ending in double n, and for middle names they have a family name. Son is Finn William, daughter is Wrenn Emma.
    If we have another boy it'll likely be Brann or Glenn, middle name Romeo. We're a little stuck on girls, I do like Gwenn, but it's very close sounding to Wrenn.

ETA - Quinn is off the table because that's my best friends sons name. Yes, we do get them confused sometimes lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    Gingermom15Gingermom15 member
    edited May 2022
    Our daughter wasn’t named until we were on our way to my scheduled c section, I’m not in a hurry on this one. My husband and I took 4 weeks to name a dog, not holding my breath for the third child lol

for this one I’m feeling a girl but we will find out soon. Our kids have pretty traditional, old school names that are recently on the top 10. We don’t care about popularity, but being able to spell and pronounce are more important to us. I’m really liking Mabel nn Mae. Our daughters nn is Millie, so I really don’t want to use Camilla, which I love, due to the nn for that also being Millie. For boys I like Miles and Wade but neither really feel “right” like my first two. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Gingermom15 I have a friend with a daughter name Camille (similar to Camilla). Her nickname is Cami. 
  • Options
    I have so many ideas.

For a girl, I really like Aurelia or Willow, but my husband is stuck on the name Natalie. I don't dislike it, but I'm not convinced yet. For a middle name, I'd like to incorporate a family name like Marilyn (grandma), June (grandma's middle name), Ottilia (great gramdma), or Nella (great grandma). I loved my other grandma but her name was Alberta and that just isn't going to happen. 😂 

For a boy, I like Calloway, Sloan, Hayes, Wells, or Theo. I'm very indecisive. We struggled naming our 9 year old son too. It took until my induction day for us to commit to Owen. Middle name I'm fairly set on William (grandpa's name). 
  • Options
    sejicasejica member
    I'll happily take opinions on our front runner names!
    Girl:
    Marigold (NN Mary) Ruth Lough (low)
    Rosemary (NN Rose) Ruth L
    Magnolia (NN Maggie/Nolie) Ruth L
    Boy:
    Isaac Vincent L
    Isaac Andrew L

For reference DD is Juniper Harriet (Harriet is a nod to both our grandfather Harolds),  boys are (James) Arthur (FIL name) and Oscar Wilman (Wilman was my maiden name). I really want a nod to my mom (Rebecca Ruth) this time, hence the Isaac (Rebecca's husband in the bible) and the girls Ruth mn. Dh is Andrew, Vincent is also a family name on his side. My middle is Marie, so Rosemary(ie?) Ruth would share my mom's rr initials and my Marie sound, and our botanical theme, but Marigold was my first choice. I think they're all good enough to keep as options until we meet the baby, but please someone tell me if I've doomed my child due to initials or rhyming taunts that I've overlooked.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    sejicasejica member
    @mflowers929 love brann and Glenn. What about Ann or Lynn?

@Gingermom15 all the Mabels and Maes I know are the sweetest girls.
  • Options
    @ashnicell Theo was one of my top names for a boy before we settled on Finn. I think Calloway or a variation was somewhere on my list too lol.

@sejica I love Rosemary Ruth =) But then again I've also known some very sweet little old ladies named Rosemary (I worked with seniors for a decade lol).
    Ann and Lynn are definitely there on the list, but not my favorites. Brynn was another name that we had thrown around for Wrenn that we might go back to. It does make it a bit more difficult, but having so little choices also means that we're not throwing a ton of names around lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    Hoping my hunch is right and this baby is a girl because I don’t have any boy names I like, lol My kiddos now are Laurel Grace and Weston Lee.

Two girl name options, #1 I like best, not sure which middle name:
    1. Talia Rose or Talia June
    The first “a” is pronounced like the a in “was.” June is my grandmas name, but my niece also has June for a middle name so I’m not sure I want to use it.
    2. Violet Ann
    Lettie for nn. Ann is mine and my moms middle name.

Hit me with some boy names, I seriously can’t find any I love!
  • Options
    sejicasejica member
    @chuckle_sandwich, if your grandma was a June birthday, maybe you could go with Autumn as a Nov version tribute. I love everything about #2 though, esp the nn.

@mflowers929 Dawnn? Or does the nn seem too gimmicky there? I knew a Nan in HS who was one of my role models. I like Brynn too!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    We didn't find out the gender with my first and struggled SO BAD picking out boy and girl names. We wanted 3 to be able to pick from at birth, both boy and girl. We ended up with a Logan (boy). Our struggle with names was part of the reason we found out the gender with the second because then we only had to come up with names for either a boy or girl lol. After we found out our second was a girl we both agreed we liked the name Scarlett. We went over other names up until birth but never liked any other names. She was just a Scarlett. Both of my kids middle names are tributes to people in the families so we will try and follow that same pattern.

I've just now started paying attention to names but won't seriously look until we know the gender in about 5 weeks. Eleanor (nn Ella or Nora) has been on my list since I was in 5th grade after reading Ella Enchanted. It was our top name for if our first was a girl but then didn't feel right when our second ended up being a girl. We will see if it stays on the list this time. I also like name Juniper (nn June, Junie) but I doubt I could sell my husband on it. Boy names I'm clueless! 

Naming kids is the hardest thing I've ever done 😂
  • Options
    I thought my first was going to be a girl for the first few months until  we got the NIpT results. I’d only been able to think of girls names. It was going  to be Clementine, but then we found out boy so we struggled a lot.  We had basically decided on His name being Remi until the day he was born. Then we couldn’t decide between Remi, Cedar and Cosmo.   We went with Cedar but i think Cosmo would have been good with his personality.  We should have had that his middle name but his middle name is the same as his dads middle name (I kinda want to change it because their names look very similar written down)

Now that I know we’re having a girl for our second I’m trying  to decide if Clementine is actually the name I want.  I also like Nina, Aster, Daphne (maybe)   someone here mentioned Juniper which I love and love the tree (maybe two tree names is too much 🤷‍♀️). I’m kinda stuck in a nature/natural theme because my name is autumn,  my husbands is a little naturey too. 
  • Options
    Oh i love all of these names!!

@sejica I love Marigold and Rosemary! Both boy middle names are super solid.

@chuckle_sandwich boys names are so hard! My husband has vetoed almost all of them. Names that I really like that my husband has vetoed are Logan, Austin, Caden, Jacob and Luke.

If we were having a girl, we were going to name them Cora (Cora Rebecca Mikami). We also really liked Mira, Nora, and Mina. ...we had a vowel sound that we preferred for sure haha.

For a boy we are leaning Ethan (Ethan James Mikami). It's more common than I would prefer (#20 for boys in 2021) so we are still open to other ideas. Our backup names are Miles and Owen but neither feel quite right... so I hope none of the 1,000 pregnant people I know take Ethan!!!
  • Options
    We've had a boy name picked out for years, so of course, we're having a girl! We think we have it narrowed down to two names, so far:
    Iris or Elena 
    Middle name will be Valencia for either (DH's maternal grandma's maiden name, and it means brave/strong)
    I'm leaning more towards Iris and DH is leaning more towards Elena, naturally 🤷🏽‍♀️

@ashnicell I love Aurelia! So pretty!
    @chuckle_sandwich Talia Rose is lovely! 
    @dumbledoredies We both loved Eleanor, too, but we know too many of them!
  • Options
    We have also had our boy name picked out for years…. Owen. My husband grew up in the Owens Valley and fishing in the Owens River so the name has a special meaning to him. But of course we found out last week we are having a girl lol 
    I think we have landed on Madilynn (not sure on the spelling yet. But I do like the double n at the end) The middle name will be Mae as that has been passed down to the first born girl in my family for generations. So I’m feeling pretty set on Madilynn Mae but I appreciate this thread as there are sooooo many good contenders to choose from. Someone else said it earlier too: choosing names for your children is so hard!! Can’t agree more with this! 
    But I’m hoping that when we all finally pick the name(s) it will just feel right! Good luck everyone! ❤️
  • Options
    @sejica I saw that last night actually. But then I had a chat with hubby and we might break into the double syllables if we have a girl lol. Still keeping the double n of course!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    Love this thread! This being our third, I'm feeling like we've exhausted all options 🥴 My daughter is Eliza Lee and my son is Grant William. Both first names are original and middle names are family. I like the idea of this girl having an original name, but we can't agree. I adore June but hubby isn't sold. His grandmother's name was Josephine which I love Jo for a nickname. My mom's name is Amy and I'm pretty sure I want that as a middle name. Josephine Amy has a nice tune. June Amy isn't awful. I'd love suggestions for first names to go with Amy as the middle!
  • Options
    sejicasejica member
    @autumn87654321 and @dumbledoredies the only downside I've had with DD name is that Dr office and others hear "Jennifer" instead of Juniper. I wouldn't change it now that I know, but something to consider if you decide to go with Juniper. Maybe as the name gains popularity it will be mistaken less often.

And clementine (NN Clem) was on our short list for a while too, but my dad would absolutely sing "oh my darlin" every effing time, and I'm not sure I could deal. I like Aster as still being nature themed and I love your son's Cedar.
  • Options
    lilswedlilswed member
    We have a Rosalind Joy- (nn Rose) fromShakespeare As You Like It. Liked that the name was recognizable but still unique and fairly unpopular. Last name starts with S.

For a girl thinking: Beatrix (Bea),  Marguerite or Margaux (Molly, May, Meg) Guinevere (Ginny) or a name that has Lily as the nickname. 
    Middle names: Hope, Evangeline, Eliana… something with a meaning of hope, joy, happiness for our rainbow

For a boy a bit more lost but thinking something like - Quinn or Quill, Willem (will), Mack, Jack, 
    middle names would be family names Bradley Loyal or Theodore 
  • Options
    I think we tentatively decided on Elsie for a girl. No clue for a boy yet, we are finding out the sex by next Saturday and if this one is a boy there are zero names I love 😀
  • Options
    dzappdzapp member
    We are having a girl and have been pretty sold on Sterling June since the beginning. The other day my husband suggested Sterling ray which I promptly shot down and now he won’t suggest anything else 😂. June was the name of a woman I took care of several years ago, Sterling is just something we both really like but We don’t really have a reason it just came up early and stuck
  • Options
    dzappdzapp member
    Also, I know names come in phases but was absolutely blown away to see all the “June” girls in just this group!
  • Options
    How do people name babies before 39 weeks/birth? I have a whole list and we are actually agreeing on a couple this time around, but none of them feel right 😅 I’m hoping after we see her this weekend on ultrasound something will speak to me. 

so far, we’ve agreed on Elsie, Camilla and Matilda nn Tilly or Tilda. Elsie feels incomplete to me, but I don’t like Elspeth or Elizabeth for formal names. I wish babies came pre-named, this is way harder than the c sections I have for them 😂 
  • Options
    kbedfoxkbedfox member
    We’re trying to decide between Carmine, Pietro, or Alessio for baby boy - we want to stick with Italian names but want them to be not too complicated for general public to pronounce. 

imageLilypie - (zxAe)

• Options
    @Gingermom15 With my first I knew if it was a girl it would be Laurel. No question. Then she was born and with that red hair (not expected, neither husband or I have red hair) and Laurel was a perfect and unique name and suited her. My son was going to be Henry and we were sure of it until a few weeks before he was born then I freaked out about the name so I went on Pinterest and someone had this cute baby name sign with rope and the name Weston. Immediately I knew that was it.
  • Options
    @chuckle_sandwich I know immediately with our first that he was a boy and his name would be Henry! Our daughter wasn’t named until we were on our way to my scheduled section. My husband randomly said he thought it should be Amelia and it felt right, our son nick named her Millie because he couldn’t say Amelia very well. I think names speak to us when they are right and I couldn’t imagine my kids having any other names 
  • Options
    @Gingermom15 it helps when you and your spouse have very, very few names that you agree on :D
  • Options
    youngmm1006youngmm1006 member
    edited May 2022
    We are having identical twins, and I am a picky namer so I’ve got my work cut out for me. We should know in the next week if we they’ll be boys or girls but in the meantime it’s fun to think of the possibilities! 

Some of my favorite girl names are Daisy, Zella, Ruby (family names), Tallulah, Willa, Elodie, and Della. And my favorite boy names are Houston, Dean, Thomas (family names), Samuel, Winston, Reese, and Marlon. We already have a Lincoln and a Penelope. 
  • Options
    @youngmm1006 Twins!! how exciting! I am a twin myself and I love that my mom named my sister and me two completely different names (different number of syllables, different first letters, not rhyming at all). Personally, I recommend having two different names just because it's enough having people mix our names up all of the time because we look alike, but I wouldn't want people mixing up our names because they sound the same. Having two completely different names also helped us have our own identity other than just being "the twins".

This is just my personal experience but you, of course, do what you want!
  • Options
    kbedfoxkbedfox member
    @youngmm1006 we have a Penelope too! 😍

imageLilypie - (zxAe)

• Options
    js1213js1213 member
    Last night before we found out we were having a boy, I was revisiting boy names I had "liked" on babynamedna because my list was very short.

Gabriel and Hudson were right above/below each other and something just felt right about sticking them together. Gabriel Hudson nn Gabe. 

Shared with my husband but he doesn't know how he feels about it. Maybe it will grow on him? 🤞
  • Options
    @littlemarshmallow I totally agree, I have a hard enough time calling my kids the right name now, I don’t need anything remotely confusing! 

@kbedfox It’s such a beautiful name! 
  • Options
    Since finding out we're having a boy, our name list has changed quite a bit. Our current contenders are August nn Augie or Gus, Finneas, Wren, and Sebastian. Middle name is likely to be William, after my grandpa.
  • Options
    sunshine2417sunshine2417 member
    edited May 2022
    When I was a teacher, I had identical twins Deaundrey and Deauntrey. They had an older brother who was held back named Trayvon, so all 3 were my students. It was… frustrating… to say the least. They eventually tried to go by their middle names, Jordan and Jared… not a big help either! 

ETA: just made the mistake of looking them up. One goes by Deaun, the other for by Drey, and older brother goes by Tray. That’s still confusing since they basically just split the twins names into 3 names! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I’ve had a girl & boy name picked out for years so it was an easy decision. We found out it’s a boy so the name will be Leo. Middle name will be after my father in law, Alfred. 
    I’m screwed if we have another boy. There are so many girl names I love & so few boy names that I’m into. 
  • Options
    @sunshine2417 That just sounds like a logistical nightmare
  • Options
    @ashnicell I love the name Sebastian! Sadly my husband vetoed it. I worked with a little guy with that name & he went by Sebi (pronounced say-bee)
  • Options
    I can't believe I'm even typing this....I was so passionate about naming our first 2, but this go around, I'm much happier letting my husband take the reins. I feel like I exhausted my 2 favorite names already so I'm rolling with it. I'm pretty confident we'll have a Margaret Josephine (both family names) and we'll call her Maggie 😍 (or even Maggie Jo if she's into it!). I also feel like I've been getting ALL the signs from the universe that this is her name. And all in all, I adore it....but mostly because he loves it so much 🥰
  • Options
    If we would be having a boy we liked the name Dutton. We really enjoyed Yellowstone 😉