January 2023 Moms
Options

Spotting

deannemariefdeannemarief Newbie
edited May 2022 in January 2023 Moms
Hey mamas! I think I’m about 6 wks along and for the last few days have been spotting. It’s dark brown and red and not enough to fill a panty liner but usually there when I wipe. Anyone else experiencing this? From what I read, it’s nothing to be concerned about….but I’d love to hear everyone else’s experience for some peace of mind. :)

Re: Spotting

• Options
    My last kiddo, I spotted basically throughout my entire pregnancy. Brown blood means old blood, so not an active bleed. But if you’re concerned, you can ask for a scan. At your gestation they should be able to see clearly.
  • Options
    b-mamab-mama member
    I've spotted once this week when I wiped and so far it hasn't returned. Last year I did have a miscarriage and it was pink at first then gradually became a bright red with clots and it was a miscarriage. This time I spoke to my doctor and they said it can be normal but let them know if it's heavy and associated with heavy cramping. Hopefully everything will be ok for you! I would check in with my doctor if you're concerned. It's hard not to worry and not stress :(