January 2023 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-In W/O 5/8

daffodil_shoedaffodil_shoe member
edited May 2022 in January 2023 Moms

Happy Mothers Day!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green: (This means what you ARE having, not what you prefer)

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: Poorly describe your job

Re: Weekly Check-In W/O 5/8

• Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1.8 / 5w0d

Baby is the size of a(n): lavender bud

Team blue/pink/green: 💙 blue 

Upcoming Appointments: 3rd beta hCG this Thursday. My first two last week were awesome and doubling nicely!

How are you feeling?: Still fairly normal

GTKY: I help remove tiny humans from full-sized humans

• Options
    bonniekinsbonniekins member
    edited May 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 1.9.2023 / 4w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): round sprinkle on a cupcake

Team blue/pink/green: is green no preference? If so then green. Haha

Upcoming Appointments: will be calling to make one on Monday.

How are you feeling?: nervous. Hoping the baby sticks and is healthy. Boobs hurt. A shadow of nausea.

Rants/Raves: This is my third pregnancy and the third time I have found out on a holiday. 😂

GTKY: Poorly describe your job: add and subtract and move around money that a company has. But currently at home cleaning things that are dirty again within a day tops, making sure kids don’t burn the house down, and formally learning how to add, subtract and move money around so that I can get a piece of paper saying I formally learned how to do so.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kialaw7kialaw7 member
    EDD / Weeks + Days: Jan 8. / 5w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): peppercorn

Team blue/pink/green: (This means what you ARE having, not what you prefer) . Too early to tell

Upcoming Appointments: Scheduling first actual prenatal appointment tomorrow. Annual checkup later this month. 

How are you feeling?:  Mostly tired, easily annoyed, and nauseous

Rants/Raves: I really wish they would do an ultrasound like my first pregnancy. I have a high risk pregnancy technically due to my bicornuate uterus and they are refusing to do it . 

Questions: nothing so far 

GTKY: Poorly describe your job::: I take care of intoxicated humans and mix them more cocktails and force them to eat food and drink water after . I occasionally yell "You're cut off" "Last Call" and "Kitchen is Closed" 
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days:  Jan. 6 / 5w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): orange seed  

Team blue/pink/green: Green

Upcoming Appointments:  June 1st (will be 8w5d) -- still feels like an eternity away!

How are you feeling?:  Bloated and tired (on and off).  Currently feeling as big as a house and barely functional at the office 

Questions:  Like others, my ObGyn simply said "I'll see you at your ultrasound, no labs needed!"  Is anyone opting to order their own labs for peace of mind?  If so, I'd be curious to hear what timing you opted for (i.e., when during the pregnancy, how many you did, and how far apart you spaced them).

GTKY: Poorly describe your job::  I advise execs on how to run their businesses as close to the way they want as possible while minimizing the risk that they get sued or called on the carpet by various government regulators.

• Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/3/23; 6w0d

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Team blue/pink/green: green

Upcoming Appointments: 6/1

How are you feeling?: Generally, very good! Not as fatigued as last week but sore boo a remain.

Rants/Raves: Very excited to have reached week 6!

Questions: Already posted something about midwives, that’s been keeping me occupied this week.

GTKY: Poorly describe your job - I listen to people complain about their lives. 

• Options
    edited May 2022

EDD / Weeks + Days: 01-07-2023/ 5 weeks 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n): orange seed

Team blue/pink/green: (This means what you ARE having, not what you prefer) green

Upcoming Appointments: second beta draw tomorrow morning and first appointment and scan June 1 (can't get here soon enough)!

How are you feeling?: Gassy! But good other than that!

Rants/Raves: I couldn't be happier with my first beta number. Now to wait until Thursday morning to see if they keep going up 🤞

Questions: None at the moment... 

GTKY: Poorly describe your job- I keep my mom alive, and when I'm not doing that, I'm a small human wrangler/ cook/ housekeeper. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: January 5/5w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): peppercorn

Team blue/pink/green: green!

Upcoming Appointments: viability ultrasound May 23 (history of MC, so I have to do this every pregnancy!)

How are you feeling?: ugh. Morning sickness every afternoon, sore boobs, exhausted, food aversions… I’m not even 6 weeks yet 😭

Rants/Raves: I’m just so excited to be here! I keep reminding myself that I’m pregnant… but I haven’t mentioned yet that along with this pregnancy, we started building a new house in February! We have had 2 walkthroughs in the past week… I can’t wait to see it done! 

Questions: I didn’t really have bad symptoms with my son. Is anyone else having good days and bad days? I feel like some days it’s constant and other days it’s tolerable. 

GTKY: I heard cats (children) all day and hope they learned how to read in the process. 

• Options
    ReadyForaBReadyForaB member
    edited May 2022

EDD / Weeks + Days: January 17 / 4w1d 

Baby is the size of a(n): poppyseed

Team blue/pink/green: will find out as soon as we can. 

Upcoming Appointments: not yet. 

How are you feeling?: pretty normal so far! 

Rants/Raves: Waiting for my doctor to get back to me on next steps after my beta. Im getting impatient. 

Questions: nope! 

GTKY: Poorly describe your job: oh gosh. Where do I begin? Chaos coordination for three men who went to law school. I prep papers for submission to other people who went to law school. 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Options
    edited May 2022
    @ceeps_nc I opted for labs just for my own peace of mind last time around. I was actually working with an RE but since it was a "spontaneous conception" (ie, no intervention) it wasn't required to draw labs. It was just a simple blood draw though, 3 days apart at 15dpo and 18dpo. They checked hcg and progesterone. 
    BTW - I also feel big as a house despite the microscopic size of my baby right now. WTF?

@BritanieStanley hope that next beta number is great! 

EDD / Weeks + Days: Jan 14, 4+3

Baby is the size of a(n): idk, tiny

Team blue/pink/green: (This means what you ARE having, not what you prefer) Green for now! We haven't discussed when/if we'll find out. We already have one of each so I feel like it doesn't matter at all...maybe we'll stay team green.

Upcoming Appointments: June 7th!!

How are you feeling?: mostly fine, just constipated/bloated to the max. I refuse to bust out my maternity clothes when there's no reason I should be showing right now 🤣. 

Rants/Raves: We have 2 weddings this month and I'm sad I won't be able to drink bc we haven't been to any weddings in years!! 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Poorly describe your job.

I type numbers in on a rock that has been taught to think. Sometimes I go to meetings and to discuss the numbers I've been typing, or plan to type. Occassionally I help others with rock problems, or who need to know what numbers to type.

(Engineer 😆)

• Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/10/23 / 5 w 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): Apple seed

Team blue/pink/green: (This means what you ARE having, not what you prefer) Green

Upcoming Appointments: 5/26 first US

How are you feeling?: Sooo tired. I can’t sleep through the night without getting up once to go to the bathroom and I’m sleeping super light. Emotionally I feel so happy to get the chance to be a mom finally. 

Rants/Raves: Is anyone else super forgetful this early on? I’ve been forgetting things. For example last night I couldn’t find my phone and it was right in front of my face. This morning I forgot to take something with me to a meeting that my partner had asked me to last night so she wouldn’t have to so of course she was understandably upset with me this morning but I just completely forgot :/ is baby brain a thing this early?

Questions: Anyone still peeing on sticks? I’m trying to wean myself off. I’m down to only testing every other day and this morning I finally got a really good dye stealer so I think I’m going to stop but I don’t know how I’m going to reassure myself baby is still there until the 26th!

I apply adhesive things to booboos and listen to kids stories about how they got sick or injured and decide how to fix them. 

• Options
    I got a pack of 20 off Amazon that I opened and the first test was positive. I’m thinking this is gonna be my last baby and my first appt isn’t until June 6. Sooo I have been testing every other day and will probably stop when I run out or when I get to my first appt. My first appt isn’t until I’m like 11 weeks. I feel like that is super late. 
  • Options
    @nuggetsmomma21 I took my last test this morning at 19dp5dt (equivalent to 5w3d). They are dye stealers now so I don’t think I will get any darker, and I have my last beta hCG blood draw tomorrow
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 3w4d 

Baby is the size of a(n): itty bitty (poppyseed is 4 weeks so we can go with that)

Team blue/pink/green: pink (tested embryos) 

Upcoming Appointments: Monday beta, if positive US in a few weeks 

How are you feeling?: exhausted, emotional and ready for my beta 

Rants/Raves: not sure if it’s the progesterone or the start of morning sickness but my stomach is not happy 

Questions: nope :) 

I look at your feet and then sometimes slice them open and break your bones. 

• Options
    @nuggetsmomma21 I have zero self control so I have a ton of pee sticks. My J20 BMB is probably tired of me sending them 😂
  • Options
    L1C4galL1C4gal member

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1.15.23 / 4w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Poppy seed! (cue all the Seinfeld references)

Team blue/pink/green: We found out with our daughter but we'll be staying Team Green this time.

Upcoming Appointments: Follow-up beta happened today, waiting for results and next steps.

How are you feeling?: Completely normal so far...just a little anxious due to previous losses, but trying to be optimistic!

Rants/Raves: My daughter has been MEAN the past few days, and throwing fits/starting power struggles over silly things like WASHING HER HANDS AFTER GOING TO THE BATHROOM. And my husband does NOT handle it well when she talks back/is mean. Lots of angst the past few evenings. But on the good side, she finally kicked the fever and the "coughing to the point of puking" parts of whatever illness she's been fighting...now she just has an old-lady smoker's cough and probably will for a month.

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Poorly describe your job: I try to make it so that people can get around in ways other than driving a car. And so that they don't die just because they want/need to walk or ride a bike. I teach college students to do that too. (And today, I'm giving them a final exam all about it!)

• Options
    aagghh your poorly described job is so poorly described and makes me cringe a little. Hahaha
  • Options
    the foot doctor job that is. Haha
  • Options
    @bonniekins but I love it so much 🤣 
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: My guess is 1/12 which would make me 5 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): I think appleseed

Team blue/pink/green: (This means what you ARE having, not what you prefer) Do not know yet

Upcoming Appointments: I had my two betas this week and don't have my first ultrasound until the 24th

How are you feeling?: Ok physically, but emotionally I'm so anxious due to my loss history.

Rants/Raves: Not much on either side right now actually.  Excited to go back to TX to visit our family in a few weeks!

Questions: None

GTKY: Poorly describe your job I take the numbers people give me and put them in a program and tell them if they owe money or not.