Flame Free Friday Confession Time

Re: FFFC (5/6)

• Options
    @portentosa Makes perfect sense to me!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    janinegbjaninegb member
    edited May 2022
    My mom held me in so I wouldn’t be born on Valentine’s Day, maybe you can do the same to avoid that date 
  • Options
    I mean not let physically held me in, like “you ain’t going anywhere!” But like they tried to get her to induce labor 
  • Options
    Both of my kids were born about a week early so I'm hoping for the same here. Of course, I've now jinxed it and this one will be a week late. 🙃 
  • Options
    This pregnancy was not a surprise per se, but the timing was a bit unexpected, and I just don’t think I was mentally prepared to give up drinking quite yet.  Im not even a big drinker but now I’m faced with a sober Derby party tomorrow and then a summer full of sober weddings and girls weekends and boat days and the FOMO is real.  

• Options
    I second the summer FOMO. Timing was also unexpected for us… very happy but changes the dynamic for sure. I initially had resentment towards my partner for having to change zero plans and just take the 9 months to prepare himself. Seems unfair but at the same time I feel very blessed to Carry a baby and experience this. 
  • Options
    hspghspg member
    @janineg I was born on Valentine's Day!....and I totally hate it lol so thank your mom for that one. As a teenager it was so annoying when everyone had dates on my birthday and I just went to work because there was nothing else to do. And now as an adult I hate it because I can't go out for my birthday because every restaurant is full of Valentine's couples and my fiancé and I just don't love crowds lol.
  • Options
    janinegbjaninegb member
    edited May 2022
    @hspg I fuuuuuuuuucking hate valentine’s day with all my being
  • Options
    @scoutkate omg I feel this hard..I'm experiencing some sad fomo feelings bc 1. I'm turning 40 this month and I had initially planned to do a big bar party but of course now I can't drink...and can't even tell most ppl why. And 2. My family had planned a BIG Xmas destination vacation this year to the Maldives, where ive always wanted to go...we already booked hotels and everything. Welllllll guess who can't go now, obviously, given I'm due in December. And yet...the rest of my family will prob still go, and they said "oh we will come visit you and the baby before (if baby is born on time) or on our way back" and im so sad. Sigh.
  • Options
    Last night I took the opportunity to share Reddit posts about moms feeling underappreciated about mothers day, especially ftm and mom's to be, with my husband before bed. I like to celebrate holidays and he already knew I was excited about this one.... But I just wanted to make sure. 

Woke up to flowers and donuts. 😉