October 2022 Moms
Options

Why my pregnant self is crying - May

What has you feeling all your feelings?

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying - May

• Options
    bows22bows22 member
    You guys, I am sitting on a bench in magic kingdom crying because the “chocolate vanilla swirl” ice cream I ordered was hard scooped ice cream and not soft serve. I’m confused because it was described the same way as something DD ordered at another place (fat free, no sugar added) and hers was soft serve but mine was crusty tasteless freezerburned and gross. DH is very confused as to what is happening but insisted on going to fantasyland to get me some, god bless him. Also I do know that soft serve is a questionable thing to eat during pregnancy but I’m past the point of caring about that 😭 haha
  • Options
    Soft serve swirl is delicious and I would absolutely be upset if that happened to me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had meltdowns at Disney non-pregnant - it can be very overstimulating! lol I hope you get your soft serve :) 
  • Options
    How dare they?! Kudos to your husband for remedying that travesty. I love a good soft serve swirl—particularly in a cone. 
  • Options
    Oh man I could totally go for a soft serve now.

Had to watch Juno last night for film class and got so weepy when she's lying in bed so sad and quiet after giving up her baby. I normally feel that scene so much but I'm not a huge movie crier.
  • Options
    So what we are saying is thanks @bows22 for making us all crave soft serve? 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    @krthouse this sounds like my kind of film class but I would struggle with that scene right now also. What other movies do you have in your future?
  • Options
    @krysnicole1022 the next video we get to choose one from a list that includes Silence of the Lambs, Donnie Darko and The Shape of Water to study film form. Then we choose from 127 hours, The Big Lebowski, The Social Network and Black Swan to study narrative. Then Sleepy Hollow for mise-en-scène, La La Land for cinematography, 1917 and our choice from Loving, City of God and Rear Window for editing. We also get to choose a scene from any feature film or TV show for a formal scene analysis assignmemt
  • Options
    That sounds like such a fun class. I'm not sure how I would be able to pick one scene to analyze especially with TV thrown in there. Also I'm loving the variety. In my film class we basically had one movie assigned each week and they were almost always classics and a lot of Hitchcock, which was fine, but there was really no variety.
  • Options
    Aycul18Aycul18 member
    This is us. Watched Tuesday’s episode last night and cried like a baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    It was rainy and cold on my walk this morning and when I called my husband, like I always do, the moisture kept triggering my phone screen and making dial noises, so we ended up hanging up because there was no way to stop it.

Also, my friend is Union vice president, and we usually have 'coffee' (hangout) during our before-school prep time on Wednesdays, and today I had to leave because some important union thing happened which she needed to talk to the Union president about. First period hasn't started and I just want to go home, cry, and rewatch the first season of Bridgerton.

The fact that I can tell when I'm going to be emotional does not help one bit, it just allows me to warn my husband.

• Options
    After ELEVEN YEARS OF GLUTEN FREE BREAD, Subway has discontinued it. I found out today in-store when I ordered a sandwich. I am shook. What the actual hell?
  • Options
    @pangolindrome they have discontinued so much stuff over the last two years. It sucks!
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @Aycul18 if that weeks episode made you cry I am wondering how you are doing after last weeks?? I was full on sobbing, DH was concerned haha 

@pangolindrome that’s awful!! Are you in the US? I can’t believe they would do that 
  • Options
    @bows22 yeah, I'm in Oregon. I believe this was the first place where they first tested the GF bread - the first incarnation was this adorable hamburger-bun-like bread. The GF bread was so good too.
  • Options
    Aycul18Aycul18 member
    @bows22 I cry almost every episode. The last 3 or so have been killers with many ugly cries. I’m not ready for tomorrow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A mentally ill homeless woman came up to me and informed me I’m gonna have a “biiiig baby!!!” She says “Oh, it’s 7 or 8 lbs now I’d say!!!” I’m 19 weeks:(
  • Options
    krthousekrthouse member
    edited May 2022
    @siouxieq87 People are weird around preggos. I used to have strangers say "just take the drugs" or tell me what they thought I was having. At least I didn't get what my sister got, which was strangers actually touching her bump 🙃
  • Options
    I have been stopped to comment on my size in each of my previous pregnancies. With my second people started making comments about how I "must be ready to pop any day now" um nope. Not even in my third trimester but thanks for making me feel like shit. I'm so glad I moved out of Chicago because every time I walked down the street random women would make comments or say something about my caffeine intake. Like mind your own business and leave me alone. 
  • Options
    Yesterday i cried all day for no reason- called my husband crying, letting him know i was just fine but was crying and then i got a bagel. 
  • Options
    People keep acting surprised when I tell them I’m only 18 weeks. I’m short and I have a small torso so there’s not much room for baby so I always show earlier. I just try to brush it off but it can get annoying. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    @shortstack930 I feel you. I also show very early and this week I got my first "sure it's not twins" comment. Happened all the time in my first pregnancy too. I definitely look much further along than 21 weeks, so to some degree I get it, but also people need to learn to just not comment on people's bodies full stop. 
  • Options
    My husband really wants to have Skipper's Seafood and Chowder, and I've learned that
    1. All their Oregon restaurants have closed and they only have the gas station version here now.
    2. Their menu no longer has plain fish or chicken, it's all battered, meaning I can no longer eat their food.
    Then, I decided to check on the buffets we used to eat at because that's another thing we've really enjoyed... and they've been closed for over a year... except Panda Inn over in Hermiston... 3.5 hours away.

I just want to do something nice for my husband and go eat at a place we like, have some sort-of-good, sort-of-mediocre Chinese buffet food. I want to cry and scream. Change is natural and the pandemic has been hellish on many businesses, and I know that's not about me or my wants. I wanted it for him. He works so hard and I want to give him something, go do something I know he'd like.
  • Options
    @shortstack930 i am also very short with a short torso so i look huge at 19 weeks! I have only gotten one “sure there isn’t twins comment” thus far- I think most people realize i have no where else to put this baby just by looking at me. The worst is when you get to the end and your belly is bigger than your arms and your an actual t-rex! 
  • Options
    Well, at 18 weeks I had already gained 20 pounds. Really not sure how I did that since I gained 14 of those pounds during my first trimester when I could keep literally nothing down and was only eating salad with some balsamic vinaigrette and vegetable soup…. Then throwing it all up. Fast forward to 20 weeks and I’ve gained 22 pounds. I was Skyping with my boyfriend while I was getting our DS ready for bed and he looked at me, asked how much weight I gained and then responded with this… “oh yeah, you can see you’ve gained weight in your face.” I got so, so mad and asked him if anyone ever told him not to comment on a pregnant persons weight and we then continued to bicker for the rest of the night. 

I know he didn’t mean it, he actually prefers “bigger” girls, but I worked my butt off to loose 70 pounds and now that I’m pregnant I’m just gaining weight like crazy. Pre-pregnancy, I’d only eat 1200 calories a day and I’d work out about 3-5 times a week (at least!). Now I’m still only eating about 1000-1200 calories a day and working out 3-5 days a week and gaining so much weight. 

Is anyone else feeling super self conscious? How is everyone else keeping the weight off? 
  • Options
    Answered in question thread. 
  • Options
    evel91evel91 member
    Almost 23 weeks and I finally had my first really good sob today. We moved into a home that needed a lot of renovations about 3 weeks ago. I had scheduled a mini camping trip for this week (not really thinking about the dates) and we decided to go anyway even though the kitchen is still gutted. Contractor said kitchen would be done by Wednesday. Well, I arrive home late last night and not only is the kitchen very not done. But EVERYTHING in the adjoining main room (where we had piled most of our sh*t) and the hallway beyond is COVERED in white construction dust. Even the vacuum cleaner is covered in dust. I went to bed last night telling myself I'd deal with it in the morning but when I saw it in the light of day it's so much worse. I had scrubbed that front hallway from the ceiling to the floors and the contractor couldn't even bother to close the door? I guess it's on us for leaving and not leaving specific instructions, but yeah, seeing all of our assorted belongings covered in dust this morning sent me over the edge. I probably would have cried if I wasn't pregnant, but I can't say I've sobbed like that in as long as I can remember. Moving is hell.
  • Options
    Oh that sucks!!! I thought it was pretty standard practice for contractors to cover up furniture. That's awful. Make sure to cover up your mouth because I can imagine it's good to inhale that stuff.