2nd Trimester
Options

No sex due to mosquitp bite?

My husband and I just got back from Jamaica with approval from my doctor. I am 20 weeks btw, this was a planned trip before pregnancy. I used a ton of mosquito repellent so I do not have any mosquito bites but my husband got one. It happened to be the day on the way to the airport leaving for Jamaica, he must have forgot to spray himself.

Though there isn't a current outbreak, the map shows it as a purple meaning current or past transmission has happened but then again the whole USA is purple too.... I am super paranoid about having sex with him because he got bit. CDC says to not have sex or use condoms for the rest of your pregnancy. I really hate condoms so much, can't he just get tested? I cannot for the life of me find anywhere online that says where I can. I heard it's hard to if you're a man and did not travel to a country with a current outbreak.

Do I really need to use condoms foe the rest of my pregnancy? Wondering anyone else who might have gone through the same thing.

Re: No sex due to mosquitp bite?

• Options
    Why the he** would you risk it!?!? Seriously! If you hate condoms then, sorry its not worth the risk - no matter how small a chance of transmission, if he contracted it. 
    Condom or sex can wait. 

My husband and I just got back from Jamaica with approval from my doctor. I am 20 weeks btw, this was a planned trip before pregnancy. I used a ton of mosquito repellent so I do not have any mosquito bites but my husband got one. It happened to be the day on the way to the airport leaving for Jamaica, he must have forgot to spray himself.

Though there isn't a current outbreak, the map shows it as a purple meaning current or past transmission has happened but then again the whole USA is purple too.... I am super paranoid about having sex with him because he got bit. CDC says to not have sex or use condoms for the rest of your pregnancy. I really hate condoms so much, can't he just get tested? I cannot for the life of me find anywhere online that says where I can. I heard it's hard to if you're a man and did not travel to a country with a current outbreak.

Do I really need to use condoms foe the rest of my pregnancy? Wondering anyone else who might have gone through the same thing.

• Options
    lelkcotlelkcot member
    This is really something you need to discuss with your OB. They will be able to give you specific guidance on testing / protection, etc. You didn't say, but I'm assuming the concern is Zika. My husband and I went to the Dominican several years ago for an anniversary and my OB advised we completely hold off on TTC until 6 months after the trip as Zika can stay in men's systems for up to 6 months. 

So yes, if the CDC and your OB suggest condoms for the remainder of the pregnancy for the baby's protection, then you do, in fact, need to use them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not understanding....my partner and I are from Jamaica and we get bit dozens of times per day 🙃 we have our usual regular unprotected sex and our little one is safe and healthy. Not really sure what you are alluding to.