June 2022 Moms
Options

Pain in pelvic area and hip flexor

Anyone experiencing pain in pelvic area and hip flexor? Shooting pains when I first stand up, when I put weight on just my left leg and even turning over from one side to the other when laying in bed. I’m 31 weeks so I still have a bit to go but I’m wondering if others are having this pain and how you guys are helping to feel better with it.

Re: Pain in pelvic area and hip flexor

• Options
    Hey! My name is Erin too! I've been creepily monitoring these boards without posting on any, haha, but I definitely relate to your experience, so I wanted to chime in. I'm currently at 35 weeks also having bad pelvic pain on the left side. It hurts to walk and especially hurts to separate my legs or put weight on only one of them. Flipping over at night is the WORST! I've done some research on Pubic Symphysis Dysfunction and the symptoms all check out. There are plenty of articles about it, but most just say you have to live with it until labor; not reassuring!

I mentioned it to my OB this morning, and he said my baby is wedged really firmly into the left side of my pelvis, so that could account for the acute pain on the left. Maybe yours is similar! Somehow, knowing that he's down there causing it helps me understand and cope a little better- haha. The only things I've tried that help a little are hot baths, ice (only helps for a few minutes), and avoiding sedentary positions and soft chairs for too long. Good luck!
  • Options
    Hey, I've been having this too. There are times when it has kept me from walking because the pain gets too bad to put weight on my left leg. There are some pretty good resources about pelvic girdle pain (stretches, exercises) on the internet but I ended up seeing a physiotherapist who was helpful! Some people find ice helps but I love using my hot pad or a warm bath at the end of the day. Hope you get some relief soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have it too some times. Makes the first minute or so after getting up uncomfortable for sure. Moving my legs a bit before getting out of bed and making sure to rock in my seat if I'm sitting down before getting up helps.