January 2023 Moms
Options

Christmas Babies

I’m so nervous about having a baby around Christmas. They always seem to get the shaft. Anyone else nervous or have some advice?

Re: Christmas Babies

• Options
    🙋‍♀️ #1 thing I've been stressing about. Especially for my 4 year old. Really don't want him to feel slighted in anyway. Really hoping Santa can get his presents under the his tree at home this year! I'm even considering scheduling a c-section to be sure I'm home. But we'll see everything I look at shows me due that last week in December to the first week in January. 
  • Options
    It’s definitely a possibility for me, my last kid came at 37 weeks, and I’m due 1/8 with this one. But since this baby isn’t mine, I will let his dads figure that out haha. I, however, am worried about missing Christmas with my own kiddos.

My sister’s birthday is mid-December and my parents just made sure to have an entirely separate day to celebrate, and no presents were “for birthday and Christmas.”
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel you!! I’m due 12/29. I’m very excited because I didn’t think I’d be ending the year as a mom of 2, but now that is very possible. This is our son’s 2nd Christmas. he will be 22 months so he will actually be excited about it. But I also think he will be excited to get a baby brother or sister for Christmas too. 
  • Options
    skbiggs61skbiggs61 member
    edited May 2022
    Baby #1 was born in August and yes, Third trimester in the summer was AWFUL! My mom’s birthday is 1/3 and it was always a pain, especially since she never really wants anything. Growing up we always went out for a nice dinner and my dad usually got her theater tickets or something like that.
  • Options
    My first was also born August! Been very excited that I'll only be "a little" pregnant this summer vs just about to pop during the hottest months ever! Going to be strange trying to find a winter jacket that will fit though. How does that work? 🤣
  • Options
    My mom’s birthday is the day after Christmas and I’m January 1st. Not a huge fan of my birthday 😂 but my grandma would always make sure on my mom’s birthday that all the Christmas decorations were taken down and that my mom had a separate birthday gift aside from Christmas. Go grandma. Even though it’s a tough time after all the stress of the holidays, if you can do one nice thing to set the day apart, it goes a long way. I’m adding another one to the mix of that week, so nervous to see how 3 birthdays in a row goes.
  • Options
    @megsmith27 My last I was due early February. I just sized up and it worked for me!
  • Options
    My man and niece are both on the 7th of Jan. My est date is also the 7th🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I am due on January 6th… I’ve always despised January in general but maybe this will make more light in the month 💕🥳
  • Options
    My birthday is 12/14 and I also got the shaft but guess what? You get to decide now how and what your baby gets.

I'm also probably being induced near my birthday instead of early January as well. Hoping to be home by Christmas.
  • Options
    dana3221dana3221 member
    edited May 2022
    I wouldn’t stress, every birthday has its pros and cons! I was born on 12/23 and now am expecting 1/2. I was told my older siblings hated me when I was first born because my mom missed Christmas, haha - they got over it! They just made my dad video tape the entire Christmas day and took it to the hospital to watch with her. Growing up I never hated having a birthday super close to Xmas like a lot of people do. When I was young my family was really good about separating the two (no Xmas related gifts, no Xmas wrapping paper, no combined gifts, etc). As long as your baby knows they are loved, all should be good :)
  • Options
    I'm very excited about it! Lots of birthdays around Christmas in my family. My mother's is Christmas Eve. Growing up she'd always have a specific birthday party and we continue that to this day. If baby comes in January then it will be great to have something bright to celebrate in that dark month!
  • Options
    Not a fan of having another January baby this is my second, but all my maternity clothes will fit because it's the same season. Flu season is hard on me.
  • Options
    My first was born December 8th! This one is due Jan 10th so I just plan on making the holiday season a WHOLE month of festivities for our family! Baby #1 will get his day then Christmas then baby #2 will get their day! I think the key is preparing WELL in advance. Like I’m already shopping for Christmas gifts and birthday gifts now 
  • Options
    I’m excited about having a winter baby and that was what we were specifically trying for. Winter is my favorite season (ice skating, hockey, and snowboarding are all great in New Hampshire, plus we have a husky who LIVES for snowy hikes). The season is as good as you make it, no matter what season it is. 

I’m not personally a Christmas baby, but my birthday is usually on or right after Thanksgiving. I know it’s a different holiday, but I never felt slighted. It just seemed to me like all the “fun stuff” in the year happens when the weather gets rough. In an odd way, the holidays and birthdays take the focus off of the cold and put it on happier things. 

Just one opinion. 🥰
  • Options
    @jesofthenorth we love the winter too in Canada and having a newborn in winter was actually so much fun! I just bought a babywearing coat and took him on all our adventures!
  • Options
    @tryingktogku love it! We’re in north-central New Hampshire but my mother’s family is from New Brunswick and Quebec, so I’ve been up a bunch of times over the years. Definitely going to have to find a good baby wearing coat since my enormous Canada Goose parka definitely won’t fit my belly or this baby come January! 😂
  • Options
    We have ice storms here in Texas January being our coldest at 11 degrees. Last baby was January then Covid hit.