December 2022 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 4/28

Figured I'd kick off our first Unpopular Opinion thread.

My go-to unpopular opinion is that chocolate and peanut butter are great... seperately, but put together completely gross.

Re: UO Thursday 4/28

• Options
    Ohh Portentosa starting off with a very controversial take 😉

Here's mine. Christmas tree lights should be rainbow not all white. Also I really don't like red and green Christmas theme. All colors all the time!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Avocado is gross 🥴 I really wish I liked it but it just tastes like slimy mush. 

• Options
    I know! @portentosa woke up a chose violence 
  • Options
    Wow, I definitely have some thoughts about these. 

90s country was amazing but it all went downhill post-9/11.  

I’m pro-avocado.  

I prefer white tree lights to multi-colored 100% of the time. But I do hate a “themed” Christmas tree.  One of my favorite holiday rituals is unpacking the mis-matched hodgepodge of ornaments we’ve collected over the years that each have a special memory attached to them.

Chocolate and peanut butter together are not gross but also nowhere near my hill to die on.  

And my UO:  I prefer Walmart to Target.  Prices are much better and they have stepped up their clothing and home goods game like crazy.  Their rattan furniture pieces look just like Serena & Lily for a tenth of the price.  And I love the free same-day delivery with Walmart+.

• Options
    I'm sorry, but Reeses are 🤢🤢

I also prefer colorful Christmas lights to just white. I have colorful twinkle leds on my tree.

How about this? Real tree or fake tree? I've always been pro real tree because of the smell and a fun annual trip my family does. But last year I bought a fake prelit tree and having it prelit and perfect is so amazing. Will still do the family tree trip... will buy just some boughs for the smell.
  • Options
    So since my mom just left my house here is one she always nags me on cause my couch is plain 

Decorative pillows are a scam  
  • Options
    Real tree > fake tree and that actually is a hill I’ll die on
  • Options
    As a kid I loved real trees, as an adult “that’s going to be a no from me dog” I just have my Star Wars wreath and I’m good 
  • Options
    hah! wow things are getting heated up in here. We are a fake tree family. I've tried to have a real tree every few years, even going to cut my own done once, but I have special memories of my dad trying to get the color coordinated branches in the right spot. I'm so glad the fake trees now are easier to assemble these days. 

My husband didn't grow up with a Christmas tree or really any decorations at all so it's been fun to see what he likes and figure out what traditions we want for our family going forward. When we first started celebrating together he did A LOT of research and found a very nice, pre-lit tree with white lights. I held my tongue because he really wanted it. But last year we had a Christmas miracle and the lights broke on it so I went and replaced them with giant old school rainbow bulbs. He sees the light now. :P 

Decorative pillows are a scam. We end up using large pokemon plushies as pillows. Wailord is surprisingly supportive. I am pro-avocado and pb + chocolate, not a fan of country music. We don't have many Walmart's where I live but I do like making a trip to it once in a while. It's definitely better for camping gear and that sort of thing. 
  • Options
    I love the way a real Christmas tree smells but can’t bring myself to cut down a whole tree that takes so long to grow just to throw it away after the holiday. We used to get a live Christmas tree and then plant it at my parents’ property shortly after New Years but we stopped doing that when my dad slipped on some ice while he was watering them and cracked a couple of ribs a few years back. We’ve been an artificial pre-lit tree family since then, but the ones that we all planted are doing well. Definitely colored lights, I love the big old bulb style so we usually add some, but never twinkles. 

If they aren’t for making the couch more comfortable, the pillows don’t belong there. Im a bigger fan of peanut butter than chocolate but I don’t mind if they’re buddies. I hate the Walmart corporation but their prices are pretty tough to beat, but Target has a better gluten free section, which means we end up at both of them. Pineapple + bacon/ham/Canadian bacon are always welcome on my pizza. I’m really picky about country music; I’ve got a soft spot for very old country music like Johnny Cash & Patsy Cline, the newer stuff grates on me though, and there’s a few good things between the two, but not much. I don’t have any real feelings about farmhouse decor though
  • Options
    msd15msd15 member
    PB and chocolate are the best ever
    i like both types of lights, use white 
    love real trees, but use fake b/c of allergies and mess
    not a huge fan of country music 
    If a pillow isn’t adding to my comfort it’s a waste

my OU (they may make me leave the south for this). Monogrammed stuff is so over done
  • Options
    I'm pro-real Christmas tree. I buy my permits from the ranger station. Its money that goes to U.S. NATIONAL FOREST, I get to meet and greet with the rangers at least once a year, and it helps with growth in the forest/forest fires during the summer. 
    Now that I'm buying a house, I might just chip It down for mulch. I usually asked and the state parks took then for local fishes used as protection against predators to lay eggs for their young.
    UO: I have no idea how to pick a 'theme' for my new house, let alone a now nursery. I see y'all have these plans and I'm like," What about LOTR, MTG, D&D or an ANIME theme?🤘🏽😎 Why does it have to be so. . . .girly."🙄😑 Anyone else feel the same?

• Options
    @admiralnilla I love your theme ideas! No way - it doesn’t have to be girly. We did a space themed room for my daughter. 👍🏼❤️ I actually love the LOTR idea… might have to mull that one over for kid 2. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Growing up we had a real tree for awhile until my parents got sick of having to throw it out and cleaning up all the tiny needles and then we had a fake tree for the rest of our childhood... And I still miss the smell of a nice real tree. Now I live in a country where you can't get a real tree (tropical climate) so I have to make do with fake trees but I miss that pine scent...