December 2022 Moms

The dangers of Targét

So I thought it would be fun and cute to have a little discussion of the dangers of going into target and walking out with a bunch of stuff you don’t need.

For example I’ll talk about what I did.

I went to Target just to pickup a new bottle of cleaner for my bisell crosswave. I knew in my gut I should have just done curbside. So I go in, walk to the back pick up my bottle and right next to the appliances is their seasonal section and they have like a little spring summer setup. So I glance really quick(BIG MISTAKE) cause they have a stack of small mason jars. So I pick them up with the excuse that I can make mini cakes and give them to all the mommas when I go next week and service computers and the WFH laptops. Well a girl walks up to me and is oh are you making jams and starts talking about it. So she goes on and on about how so much better it is making your own, consuming less sugar and no preservatives. So I bite cause I love jam on my English muffins and it could benefit me in the long run. THEN I can’t remember if I have muffins at home so I go to chilled section and as soon as that chill hits me I have to haul ass to the restroom. As I’m walking back the smell of popcorn hits me and I get a craving for it. Head back get my muffins, get distracted by a phone call from my sister wander over to the greeting cards. All of them suck(I hate overly sensitive cards). I then move over to toys since it is down the way and pick up little toys my friends boys like. Move over to the legos see a new Star Wars set pick that up. Realize I still need fruit which they didn’t have any good looking fruit. So now I gotta head over to Whole Foods and get fruit. So now I am here at home in a youtube vortex watching jam videos

Re: The dangers of Targét

• oh my gosh, Target always gets me too. It's right next to my regular grocery store too so it's hard to pass up. I thought I was safe from their clothes because I don't like any of their styles this year but then I wandered over to their maternity section and found the cutest wrap style dress in periwinkle that I bought full price... before even knowing I was pregnant. I got it just in case because we have a couple of weddings this summer. It was the last one on the rack so if I didn't get it would have been gone forever. or so I told myself.  

but generally speaking, I'm noticing I want to buy more things recently. Is this nesting? 
  • Hahaha I avoided the baby/maternity section yesterday. Still not ready to be looking at that stuff!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Everytime I go to target intending to buy a single thing I walk our w $70 worth of stuff. It's always that number for some reason. Go in to get a greeting card and come out w fuzzy pj pants, a new throw pillow that was on sale, some cute desk organizer, a new pen, a new facial product I def don't need but smells like peaches, something from the seasonal section...oh and maybe that card I originally needed to get.
  • I have actually managed sooooo many times to go into target and COMPLETELY forget to buy the thing I initially went in for