Options

GTKY 4/26

portentosaportentosa member
edited April 2022 in December 2022 Moms
For our inaugural Get To Know You...

What are some of your hobbies?

Re: GTKY 4/26

• Options
    I work out, paint, and read.  I also have a real estate and interior design obsession that lately includes nursery design.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In my office/gaming room I have one wall just dedicated to all my Star Wars legos
  • Options
    You all seem so awesome. Very excited to be here with you. 

My hobbies are cooking/baking (and eating), painting, knitting, crocheting, crossstitch, and lots of video games. I started up FFXIV recently but I play a lot of RPG and cozy games. My husband just brought home Calico and I'm super excited to play that this week. I'm also a huge Disney nerd. 
  • Options
    I need to finish the ff7 expansion, wasn’t a fan of 15
  • Options
    I havent played any type of FF game since I was a little. So far I'm enjoying FFXIV but I'm a little lost with all the characters. 
  • Options
    I'm a big Legend of Zelda fan. Haven't really played much though since Twilight Princess... my most favorite one.
  • Options
    Yeah! I missed a large gap of story! My ex(BD) hated that I would spend hours playing games. I would just get hooked and lose track of time
  • Options
    BREATH OF THE WILD IS AMAZING! YOU NEED TO PLAY IT
  • Options
    I bought Breath of the Wild for my son last Christmas. He loves it. I haven't had the time to sit down and play it on my own. I do plan to someday though!
  • Options
    Yo.
    I crochet, beginner knitter, picking up loom weaving, hoping to become a novice Gardener this summer and I'm currently searching for a memory card for a game cube console. I want to save my progress but currently cannot due to not being able to find one.
    I want to pack the game cube for labor and delivery for some of the party games if I have to be stuck there for awhile before birth.
  • Options
    I have a small herb garden but I am no green thumb. I would like to expand it and get more vegetables but there is a cute little farmers market the pops up that I love going to for fresh veggies
  • Options
    I’m slowly developing my green thumb, definitely looking forward to the summer farmers markets here too!
  • Options
    For me gardening is a numbers game. Got a ton of house plants so if a couple die... No biggie! I got another 30! 
  • Options
    So many gamers!! I love RPGs, Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley. I’m also a tv show junkie- I will watch ‘The Shield’ on repeat, Walking Dead (even though it’s terrible now), Mayans…. I love most tv shows. Not a huge movie person but I do love Star Wars, comedies. 

I too enjoy building legos, playing with my dog & visiting breweries and food places with my husband. We are both huge sports fans too- love fantasy football. I’m also an “okay” cook, lol
  • Options
    Hahaha that’s a lot of plants
  • Options
    I would have 30 dead plants. 😬
  • Options
    Im a big cooking show person, love the kitchen, ggg, ddd, chopped, you name it I watch it.
  • Options
    I make soap and sometimes candles too, and have been eyeing my crochet/knitting stash since about January but haven’t picked it back up yet. 🧶 👀  I love reading “cozy” murder mysteries (the ones with a theme like baking or beer brewing or charcuterie) and watch a lot of true crime—anyone fall asleep to Forensic Files? Also love some Good Mythical Morning! I have planted a couple things in my backyard this spring and hoping something comes up: random flowers, spinach, lettuce, jalapeños, and basil. 🌶
  • Options
    Yes! Me too with the cooking shows. My husband used to be a chef so when we were dating my favorite thing was to watch him watch cooking shows... chopped, kitchen nightmares, great british bake off,  master chef, cutt throat kitchen....
  • Options
    A little off subject but is everyone here pretty much married/partnered up? It seems like I am the only single one here.
  • Options
    Hi all! My hobbies include cooking, reading, and creative journaling. I like growing herbs but otherwise have a black thumb. And my big hobby is aerial arts - silks, hammocks, hoop. I love it so much.
  • Options
    msd15msd15 member
    After reading all of these I feel like I don’t have any hobbies lol. I do love to read tho. Mostly fantasy/romance stuff. I do enjoy cooking. Love watching movies. Big nerd for that, Star Wars, Harry Potter, the marvel movies.  But that’s about it lol. I was a single mom for a long time, just got remarried 1.5 yrs ago and I think I was just too busy trying to work and be a mom. Maybe now with a good supportive partner I can get back into other stuff. 
  • Options
    janinegbjaninegb member
    edited April 2022
    @admiralnilla yeah, I was just curious. I have a great support system. My parents live less than half a mile from my home and both of sisters live close as well and my best friend is great with his kids so he’ll be there to help as well.
  • Options
    @bunniecee Those are the exact games I was going to mention! I kind of rotate between sims, Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley. I get really into one for a few months at a time and then switch. 

@narwhal33 Woo another creative journaler! I do creative journaling, decorative planning, and I dabble in bullet journaling and art journaling. 

My other hobbies are:
    - crafting - paint by numbers, dollar tree DIYs, paper crafts, anything really
    - cooking and baking 
    - reading 
    - I used to be super into exercise but lately it’s just been really nice walks
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @omnommer I tried bullet journaling but ended up getting frustrated at how ugly my spreads look so I mostly use a hobonichi and lots of fun stickers and paper and washi and stamps and ribbons and stuff. Or at least, I did. Now I don't even write entries bc I'm so tired. I tried to catch up today so I could journal about getting our first ultrasound, but I managed to only write three sentences and was proud of myself for that 😂 could not even bother with making it pretty.
  • Options
    My hobbies include reading, traveling, swimming, and sitting on beaches with all of the booze. I’m kind of a homebody and like to chill at home or hang with friends. I am recently very fond of early bedtime and naps!
  • Options
    My main hobbies are reading and knitting and I also dabble in cross stitch, hiking, and trying out other crafty things. I’ve finally learned to keep houseplants alive and hope this is the year my balcony garden stays alive 😊 Oh! And playing with our puppy!! Pre-pandemic traveling was a major hobby; now I mostly scratch the itch with travel shows and YouTube videos.
  • Options
    I did bullet journaling for awhile. But I would get obsessed with drawing the monthly and weekly layouts, which turned out really nice and I liked them.... but then I'd never follow through and USE my monthly and weekly spreads or habit trackers. Not filling them in ended up being too much stress for me.
  • Options
    Loved reading everyone’s hobbies!! I love gardening, cooking, yoga, reading, puzzles, and might take up knitting or crocheting this pregnancy when I have insomnia!