1st Trimester
Options

Possible blighted ovum?

Has anyone experienced no yolk sac or fetal pole seen but just a gestional sac that is measuring just barely 6 weeks at your 7 week ultrasound? I’m prepared for the worst news but still hopeful! 🙏🏻 How long did you wait before you gave up?

Re: Possible blighted ovum?

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Just wanted to update you all in case anyone ever has the same experience… We confirmed the pregnancy loss today. I was comfortable with the diagnosis because it didn’t look like the gestational sac grew much in the last 2 weeks and it’s been 3 weeks since we first saw the sac with no changes. We were actually even able to see tissue breakdown within the sac so I took a pill today to help me pass everything. I decided to go this route because we have been sitting on this diagnosis for almost 3 weeks now and my body is not showing any signs of letting this pregnancy go I still have very strong pregnancy symptoms. :(
  • Options
    Thank you for updating, and I’m so sorry for your loss. Wishing you all kinds of support and success in the future ❤️
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for your kind words. We got pregnant on our 1st try so trying to not lose hope when we try again 😭
  • Options
    From all I’ve read, the odds will be in your favor 🙏❤️
  • Options
    @moonlightstar16 I had a blighted ovum my first pregnancy at 9 weeks. I got pregnant with my son 3 months later. My mom had the same thing. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you! It’s a totally natural MC, nothing to be overly concerned about, just not the right time. Take care of yourself, and when you’re ready, get back to it!