December 2022 Moms

First Ultrasound No Yoke

I went in today for initial ultrasound. I’m 5 weeks 4 days and they found an empty sack. I have to go back in two days to recheck. My hcg is 4069. I don’t know what to think. My head is spinning. Anyone have experience with this and have good news??

Re: First Ultrasound No Yoke

• This happened to me too at 5 weeks to the day due to spotting and they discovered an empty sac. My hCG levels were already at 7000 and we were told it was a blighted ovum and to come back to confirm in 10+ days. At 6 weeks and 3 days we went for what we thought was a final ultrasound and a heartbeat showed up! I spent the 10 days between ultrasounds completely panicked and devastated, as I’m guessing you are right now as well. Don’t give up hope - the next ultrasound could bring good news. Sending you a big hug and hoping for the best! 
  • Thank you that is a wonderful story. I’m so glad things ended up that way for you. You’re an encouragement to many!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my initial appointment yesterday, I’m supposed to be 7 weeks 4 days, no spotting no pains and an empty sac was discovered, this happened two other times last year. I feel heartbroken and confused. Can’t help to blame myself, maybe I didn’t want it bad enough? Maybe I did something to cause this? I’m just hurting.
  • Don’t panic. You won’t necessarily see a yolk sac until hcg is 7200. You’re too early.
  • msd15msd15 member
    There is still time so don’t panic yet. But also there is nothing you did or could have done. Big hugs