Upcoming Appointments or Results:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check In w/o 4/25

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 25th, 31w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Next Tuesday for a routine check in

How are you feeling?: Pretty worn out from the weekend. I’m also weirdly emotional today. I’ve struggled with bonding (though I don’t give myself too hard of a time about it), and now having all this baby stuff in the house is a little overwhelming. Like whatever mental disconnect I allowed myself has been shattered by the physical presence of so. much. stuff.

Rants/Raves: The shower this weekend was wonderful. I loved seeing my family and friends and family very special. Definitely pushed it too hard and have had a decent amount of abdominal pain. But I didn’t want to admit to anyone I needed a break so of course I powered straight through and am focused on recovering now. We also had our first birth class. It’s taught by our doula, so it’s a nice chance to get to know her and her style better.

Questions: I swear I always think of questions through the week and am like “Just wait till Monday” and then Monday comes and it’s gone -.-

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 19. 32 w 1 d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: 33 week virtual appointment next week. We did a 3D ultrasound at a boutique place yesterday and my baby is so cute. 

How are you feeling?: very round and very uncomfortable. 

Rants/Raves: so my partner and I narrowed it down to two baby names. He finally told me that he didn’t care and that I could pick he liked both names equally. Well I picked and he immediately decided that he was wrong and he didn’t like them both equally and he wants the other name. I however made my decision on her name and am very annoyed. 

Questions: nope. But a huge recommendation register at target, people.  I don’t care if you actually use it but if you have the red card, the year of benefits, and the target registry discount you can get up to 40% certain things like bottles, nursing accessories, breast pumps, etc… so while I use a baby list registry I have tons of things on my target registry in case people don’t buy them I can get a huge discount. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 32+1

Upcoming Appointments or Results: ultrasound and ob appointment today. It’s measuring 6 lbs 7 oz and above the 98th percentile. It’s still transverse and completely folded in half like a lawn chair. 

How are you feeling?: dizzy, lightheaded, pain from being transverse, hungry. Braxton Hicks maybe? But they felt like real labor and they can go right back to where they came from. The doctor says there’s just not enough room so my body is probably going to up the pre labor stuff from last time. Great. 

Rants/Raves: Rant-my spouse came with me since it was an ultrasound appointment and he was completely nonplussed that the baby is so big. He kept saying that they thought that the last one was big, and I reminded him that they didn’t until the end, not this early and not this consistently. Currently on track to have 11-12 lb baby. It’s sucking the life out of me. Also, spouse has not come up with an alternative to the boy name but won’t stop badmouthing it. Put up or shut up, buddy. 
    Rave-my hair looks good. Small wins, people.

Questions: nope. 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 17, 32w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: regular appointment Friday 

How are you feeling?:  Tired, big, emotional, light headed

Rants/Raves: rant: We had a busy weekend and I need several days to recover from it.  I physically over did it yesterday and now I feel like a weak disaster today.  I need a mental health break from my kids which is not coming anytime soon.  It’s like they all know the baby is coming soon and are trying to out do each other with obnoxious and exhausting behavior.  Rave: I brought the kids to my twin nephews’ 5th birthday yesterday and it was nice to let the kids run wild and have some social interaction. 

Questions: Nope 

@pinkkillersheep I’m glad you had a nice time at your shower!

@marionberry19 Yes to the Target registry! I got my completion coupon and I’ve been scheming all morning on how to get the best deal. I bc would be irate over that name situation.  I creeped on your u/s pic in that thread, super cute! 

@fluteling yeah, DH thinks it’s no big deal cause he doesn’t have to carry that around and then push it out. I was having contractions last night that felt like the real thing.  I over did it yesterday and didn’t drink enough so I’m thinking that’s what caused it.  I got a little bit nervous though.  I was having contractions before DD3 for weeks and ended up being induced so I keep telling myself not to freak out when it happens. 
  • Hope everyone is feeling good (or as good as can be expected)!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 33 weeks today

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Normal OB visit next week.

How are you feeling?:  My hands and feet are very sore, stiff joints, sometimes itchy.  I honestly feel practically immobile and sometimes a bit claustrophobic in this stretched, sore body.  But the baby is constantly moving and that is a silver lining.

Rants/Raves: The pool at my apartment is still very cold, but I think I might start trying to swim every day.  I don't know if this is a rant or a rave yet - will report back.

Questions:  I understand some don't want to share, but wondering if anyone else lives in the Los Angeles area?

@pinkkillersheep Glad you enjoyed your shower.  How did you choose your doula?

@marionberry19 Your US pics are adorable, love the tongue out!!!  Thanks for the Target tips. I got excited by the 15% off coupon and went to buy stuff online but then realized all the items I want to purchase have to have already been on my registry - so now I'm wondering if I can go add them to my registry now lol.

@fluteling Did you have your first baby early because of size?  Also, good job with your hair!  Mine is a rat's nest for sure.

@KFrob Can you have someone watch your kids for a night and either take some time to yourself or get a night out (or in) as a couple to relax?  Sounds like you need a break before baby comes, even if it's 24 hours!
  • @shoarmie99 you absolutely can! But the coupon can only be used once in store and once online. 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @shoarmie99 swimming sounds amazing.  I hope it feels good!  My mother in law just yesterday offered to watch the kids so we can get a date in before baby.  She’s the best!  Hoping to squeeze in some me time too.  I’m getting my hair cut and colored on May 16th and thinking about just taking the whole day off.  Hopefully no one gets sick, which happens on 75% of my planned PTO.  Until then going to try to at least decompress when I can, even if it’s just 15 mins hiding in the bathroom with candy lol.  DHs side hustle coaching jobs are almost over and it should start to get easier from this point out.  
  • @pinkkillersheep I’m glad the shower went well! Sorry for the overwhelm on stuff. It’s such a weird in-between place for the third trimester, at least that’s how I’ve felt.
    @marionberry19 yay cute baby! Those ultrasound pictures were adorable! Love the faces they make.
    @KFrob right?! I am less concerned about labor and trying to figure out how to survive the next couple of months carrying around this giant baby. Gah.
    @shoarmie99 nope, my last dude was born at 40+3 and he wasn’t measuring big until the last week. It was all fluid.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 33w3d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: I start twice weekly NSTs in addition to ongoing and more frequent appointments with OBGYN and MFM so I'm in doctor hell from here on out! But excitedly my c section has been scheduled for June 8th, 2 days before my due date. Now to see if I actually make it that far...

How are you feeling?: Feeling decently well I think all things considered but the Metformin they put me on makes me feel a lot of indigestion. This weekend I was getting really tired from doing dumb stuff - grocery shopping, picking up the playroom, etc. Baby is measuring in the 90th+ percentile and is over 5 lbs already at my last ultrasound a few weeks ago, so that probably doesn't help.

Rants/Raves: We had the best time in NYC last week on our last little trip as a family of 3. We didn't do half of the things we'd hoped to be able to do but had wonderful weather and spent time just having fun and doing mostly whatever our 3 year old wanted to do. Although we live so close to the city, it was her first time there and I wasn't sure how she would do with all the sensory overload, but she LOVED it and wants to be a city kid now. Her favorites were the Central Park carousel and playground, hailing taxis and riding the subway  :D Every time she says she wants to go back to the "big city", I keep reminding her not everyone who lives in NYC lives in the Ritz Carlton across the street from Central Park and eats frozen hot chocolate every night!

Questions: Has anyone decided on outfits for newborn photo shoots (if you're having one)? Seriously lacking inspiration over here!
  • @marionberry19 @fluteling getting all ragey thinking of the name things! I told my husband and even he agreed that's not ok!

@KFrob we had THE WORST NIGHT EVER tonight. Like just nonstop screaming and crying with our 3 year old. I was wondering if it was related to the baby or not, interesting you're experiencing something similar
  • Aaaannddd I'm back! Sorry to have peaced out unexpectedly. I think my routine went out the window after our babymoon last month. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 26, 31w1d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Biweekly OB tomorrow, MFM third tri fetal echo (still unsure why since they told us they got everything they needed last time and all was well) and growth check next week 

How are you feeling?: Sore. Baby was never anything but dropped and has literally been head down in same position since at least 20w, so my abs, pelvis, and pelvic floor are D.O.N.E. So sore. 

Rants/Raves: Rants: soreness. My mother planning my virtual baby shower is like momzilla right now and honestly I'm this.close to telling her to just have my husband do it. It's so much more stressful than it needs to be. Also panicking a bit that only a handful of the 75+ people we've invited to either the family or friends showers have actually bought something off the registry. Also, my MIL told us she bought "things that were very similar to what was on your registry" because she thinks the dollar store is life and that's not our jam, especially for baby products (and she absolutely could go to target or get us a gift card instead - we end up throwing away or donating 95% of all the gifts she gives us for baby or otherwise). Raves: my contractor is finally coming back to finish our nursery next week. After having the entire second floor of my house ripped apart for hardwood floor install the last month, I am so ready to be done with this chapter! 

Questions: Best online baby classes? Want something hubby and I can watch together as he has literally never even held a newborn or changed a diaper for that matter. 
  • @marionberry19 I loved your ultrasound pics! So glad you shared. 

@fluteling Good lord 6 and a half lbs?! I’m exhausted for you!

@KFrob Hope you’re able to get some rest and recovery. I feel you on overdoing it this weekend. I’m in the same boat.

@shoarmie99 I’m jealous of your pool! I hope swimming works out well for you. I’m not in the LA area but wish I was! We interviewed a few doulas pretty early on and chose this one because she had a ton of experience (15ish years), had a complementary view on inform and consent in health care settings, and had a professional, calm, and confident demeanor. I most wanted someone who would be an advocate and help translate what was going on for me.

@idreamofginny So glad you enjoyed your trip! That all sounds amazing. I haven’t decided on a photoshoot yet. I’m still stuck on whether I should do a maternity one!

@hillies22 Welcome back! I empathize fully on shower stress. That was a lot. I  was surprised by how many people bought gifts not on the registry. I spent hours curating exactly the list I wanted! I don’t want to seem ungrateful but if I wanted a different type of tub I would’ve registered for it! And some of the non-registry stuff has been mailed direct without a name attached so we don’t even know who to send a thank you card to. Sigh.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 34w+6days

Upcoming Appointments or Results: appt on thursday

How are you feeling?: not the best but better

Rants/Raves: Sorry I've been gone for a week or two. I have been dealing with major lightheadedness. They have done so many test and can't quite pinpoint what is causing it. My blood pressure is staying abnormally low and nothing we try helps. I've felt better the past two days so hoping we can keep it this way. I'm going to try to catch up on the board today. Hope you guys are all doing as well as can be expected at this point.

Questions:
  • @pinkkillersheep I'm glad your shower was nice! The amount of baby stuff can be overwhelming for sure. 

@marionberry19 good tip on the target registry! I'll need to put one together just to get those good discounts.

@fluteling that sounds exhausting! But also, can they be really off on baby's weight? I know it's not super accurate but 6 lbs already? 

@shoarmie99 having a pool in general sounds lovely! I hear you on feeling immobile. I really don't know at times how I'm going to last another 8 weeks. 

@KFrob I swear kids do this on purpose knowing a new baby is coming. Like can't we just get some rest before a newborn joins the fun? 

@idreamofginny Sounds like you had a lovely weekend! As a fellow NY'er, I love seeing the NY magic through a kid's eyes. It really does sound like everyone lives at the Ritz and just strolls through Central Park all day lol. I live in the suburbs outside of NYC and coming into the city itself just feels like a chore these days...not glamorous lol.

@hillies22 welcome back! People buying stuff off the registry drives me bonkers. Like why did I spend hours putting this together if you think you can go rouge? I have a friend who loves doing this and is always so proud of the items she buys. I appreciate it and hate sounding snobbish, but there's a reason these items are on the list to begin with. 

@ournextadventure I hope you continue feeling better! 

***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Add me to the list of people who hate when people don’t buy from the registry. Like sure okay if it’s something I didn’t register for go ahead, but don’t get me a different version of the think I registered for. I chose what I chose for a reason. Like for my brothers girlfriend I am buying off their registry but I am also getting stuff she didn’t register for because I know her really well and it’s stuff she would want. Example: she’s obsessed with Winnie the Pooh so I got her the Winnie the Pooh classics book personalized with his name on the cover and throughout the book. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 31w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: regular OB and MFM appointments next week 

How are you feeling?: large and uncomfortable. I don’t know how I can last another 7-8 weeks. My feet and hands are swollen, I have lower back pain, I’m uncomfortable sitting in any position. I also feel like I’m growing a chewbacca baby because I haven’t gone through a full container of tums previously and I’m almost out this time. Like this heartburn won’t quit and I’m over it.  

Rants/Raves: Rant - all the uncomfortableness. My husband walked into the living room last night, took 1 look at me and said “you just look miserable.” Ya think? Everything hurts! Also, we can’t agree on a name still and I want to cry at this point. We were able to agree way earlier last 2 times but this time it’s just ridiculous how long it’s taking. 
    Rave - I’ve been able to organize things little by little so I’m choosing to celebrate the small wins. 

Questions: n/a

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD 6/8, 34 weeks tomorrow

FTM/STM/TTM+: Third

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Regular appt next week

How are you feeling?: Eh. Overall large. Tired of Braxton Hicks and having to roll out of bed or off the couch.  Could be worse but could be so much better.

Rants/Raves: Rant- I just want to walk without my stomach instantly tightening.  

Questions: none

@marionberry19 I would be super annoyed at the name thing.  Cmonnnnn.

@fluteling Major side eye to your spouse and their thoughts on baby size.  They get no opinion.

@shoarmie99 feeling claustrophobic in your own body is such a great way to describe it.  I feel this so intensely.  If I stop and think too much about how my body actually feels and how much I hate pregnancy I get way too close to a panic attack.  

@hillies22 add me to the annoyed when people don't buy off the registry crowd too.  Super frustrating.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  June 18th
      32 W 3 D

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Upcoming appointment tomorrow

How are you feeling?: I've been feeling all kinds of aches and pains but overall just feeling down. This is supposed to be my last baby and I had so many ideas of ways I wanted to document the pregnancy but honestly just have no motivation. I feel so down.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:
  • Maybe its because I have no family and like 2 friends but I would be extremely grateful and happy if anyone bought anything for baby boy being on the registry or not. My husband only has his adoptive parents so it gets sad that our kids only have a handful of people who care. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  June 8th

FTM

How are you feeling?: I am feeling so down, the whole of April I have been having multiple breakdowns because my husband has been doing kitchen renovation since March beginning and my entire dining and living room is a mess to say the least. I anticipated it to be over by now but it's far from over. I have been stepping over boxes and dust every single time. It's such an anxiety time for a person like me who is OCD with organization and getting things ready well in time. Because of this renovation circus I have not had peace of my mind for a while now and has delayed everything related to baby arrival. On top of all that my working hours are not expected to be any less since my boss (female) is keeping a tab on how much I am available on my desk despite me working exactly as normally as I would otherwise. Believe me I have not taken a single day off so far. I want to cry now how nothing is in my favor. Nevertheless I have laundered all the new baby clothes and will pack the hospital bag this week sometime. 

My husband and I have had enough arguments to me saying how it is not okay to live in this mess till my last month of pregnancy. I see the DH overworking and doing all his very best but what do I do!! I am helping as much as I can while carrying the little one inside me around. 

Oh and the unsolicited advice and questions from just anyone and everyone at this point is just downright killing me.

Sorry but not so sorry for the rant. This is the only place I feel safe to talk my feelings, thanks my bump friends you are the best 💓

• Anyone's babies drop yet? This is my second healthy pregnancy and he dropped on Monday. I woke up this am throbbing from him pushing his head deep. I don't think my daughter dropped until right before. 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @mamamarthaof2 I carry so low I’ve never noticed any of my babies drop, or maybe they didn’t until labor? 
  • @KFrob He was so high last week that it was pretty obvious when he did. I look like a deflated balloon lol. First thing my chiropractor noticed. It's easier to breathe so I'm okay with it. 
  • @mamamarthaof2 I don't know if this means baby dropped, but I'm feeling a lot of pressure down there lately. I can't tell which part is pushing where, though. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @pinkkillersheep I have never taken a birth class. What did you learn? 

@marionberry19 Did y'all at least decide on a middle name? I'm the type where I like to choose the first name. I chose my daughter's name, but I had to go through lots of procedures,tests, shots, etc just to get pregnant, so I was going to name her. Especially since the baby gets my husband's last name and this time probably his middle name. 

@KFrob Fingers crossed, knocking on wood for you to get your relaxing day in May.

@idreamofginny I've been looking at some outfts on Caden Lane. I like how the name can be put on the outfit and blanket, but I still don't have a name for baby.

@mango_michigan Does he have an idea when he will be done? Is he doing it alone or can someone help get it done faster? We've lived through renovations and it was hard. I can ony imagine doing it while pregnant. 
  • @romeoandjuliet146 yes, thankfully she has her middle names chosen. Evelyn (his grandma) & Reign (my moms middle). My son was named before I was even pregnant because it took 2-2 1/2 years to get pregnant with him. But this one only took one cycle so I was blindsided 😂
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 9, 33 weeks 6 days

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Had my NST today. Baby decided to nap then eventually woke up. Will drink juice or something next time. From now on, my appointments are weekly.

How are you feeling?: Acid reflux but at least I have some energy to clean and get baby stuff out.

Rants/Raves: The nurse announced my weight even though I don't like to hear it. I should have mentioned it before. Rave: The hospital just changed their policy and now siblings can visit! So glad because I hate being away from my three year old.

Questions:
  • @ournextadventure Hope you’ve continued to feel better! 

@Tulips29 Not really looking forward to feeling progressively worse over the next eight-ish weeks either. Sorry the name issue is weighing on you. It feels like such a big responsibility to name someone!

@bww_0331 “Could be worse but also could be better” is how I describe this to everyone. I know I’m fortunate in the grand scheme of things but it’s still miserable.

knottie - Sorry you’re struggling. I hope you find this board to be a supportive and safe space. Be sure to change your username so we can tag you!

@mango_michigan Renovation stress is such a particular kind of stress. Like you just need your home to be your home, you know? Very sorry to hear work is not a supportive place. Feel free to rant as much as you need here!

@mamamarthaof2 Since it’s my first I really have no idea, but I have noticed an indescribable change in the last few days. Seems like it would be early for it to drop for me though.

@romeoandjuliet146 Glad it sounds like you’re at least feeling a little better. The first birth class was to spend a decent amount of time talking through pain and what to expect in labor. She takes the approach of “Pregnant people hear enough horror stories, let’s have a realistic yet positive talk to ground us first.” I don’t know that I learned much I haven’t already obsessively read about but I appreciated being there with other people to learn about it.