November 2022 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 4/21

Let 'er rip.

I've found there is an attitude (not here) that's like "all you really need for your baby are clothes, diapers, and somewhere for them to sleep" and claim that everything else is superfluous, and I don't like it. Yes, there is a huge baby industrial complex that it is easy to fall into, but there are also a lot of things out there that genuinely make parenting easier. 

My sister was at a shower for first time parents over the weekend, and she chatted with a friend who is a parent of 2. The friend was snarking a little on the new parents about all the stuff on their registry, and how they don't need half of it. I feel like I used almost every baby gift I received, except for the one thing people swore up and down I would use all the time.

End rant.

Re: UO Thursday 4/21

• Options
    @PurplePumpernickel I’m definitely guilty of telling my friend this when she asked how she could keep baby items minimal in a small space lol baby items are so overwhelming sometimes. 
    I’m a big fan of convenience and all things related, though. I love all things that make my life easier. 
  • Options
    @PurplePumpernickel I agree! You don't "need" a lot to care for a baby. But there are non-necessities that sure do make life easier! I won't "need" a bouncer or baby swing, but having them with my first was a godsend when I needed to take a shower. Sit it right by the shower door and I may get 5 minutes of bliss. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ashnicell bouncer outside of the shower for the win!

• Options
    So many things were helpful that I didn’t HAVE to have. My boppy, and moby wrap were lifesavers. Swing, bouncer, Breast pump all came in handy for sure. 

We didn’t get a swing right away with my first daughter, and we finally got one at about 4 or 5 months. That night was the first meal I had where I wasn’t holding her the whole time. Was a necessity for baby 2 and will have for this baby too. 

• Options
    @database6 lol hubby and I were already discussing where the swing is going this time around 😂
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    We basically had some sort of swing or bouncer for every room.  It made a huge difference to always have a spot where we could put them down quick.
  • Options
    I keep a bouncer seat in my bathroom all the time for when I need to get ready or shower. I also keep one on the first floor for an easy place to put baby down. The Swing Is also something I really love having 
  • Options
    To some degree that’s true, you don’t need a lot. But the convenience of certain things is definitely a plus. When we had our first two we were in a small house (1,000 sq ft). There were no closets in any room and no storage space. So we did have to limit baby items but since the house was small it was easy to move a bouncer or baby seat from room to room. This time we have double the house plus a full basement so we will probably have a few extra items that we couldn’t fit before.