December 2022 Moms
Options

Ultrasound concerns, please help 🥺

So I went to the ER for spotting yesterday and turns out I had a UTI with no symptoms AND I had an abscess (TMI).
They did an ultrasound and according to my period I was 5 weeks 6 days. On the ultrasound it measured 5 weeks 2 days. They saw a gestational sac and yolk sac but no fetal pole. My HCG is 30,830 as of yesterday. Anyone with any similar experiences? Im super scared and just looking for some sort of advice…

Re: Ultrasound concerns, please help 🥺

• Options
    portentosaportentosa member
    edited April 2022
    Anything within 4 or 5 days is considered normal. On another post here someone mentioned the fact that it is humans doing this measuring so a few days difference is ok. Or you may have ovulated a couple days later than the assumed 14 days after your period.

The fetal pole becomes visible at 5.5 to 6.5 weeks, so it sounds like it's just too early to see.

When is your regular u/s appointment scheduled? I hope you feel better real soon and that you get a better look at baby soon. Hugs.
  • Options
    Thank you for all the great information. My regular appointment is 5/3. I should be 8 weeks ish by then it just seems so far 🙁
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    8 weeks is a much better time to get a first look because of exactly what you're going through now with your worries. You could call your OB to tell them about your ER visit and your concerns. They could help answer any questions and ease your worries until your appointment.
  • Options
    You'll get dating based on gestational sac measurements but the only real measurement your Dr will go by is crown to rump on the fetal pole. If they couldn't see a fetal pole when you're less than 6 weeks, try not to worry! It really is so early.

I did experience something similar in Nov/Dec with a gestational sac and yolk sac with no fetal pole BUT I was further along than you for the initial US and knew there should have been a fetal pole. Try not to Google things. It made me go crazy. I hope next week goes incredibly fast for you so you can get to your next appt quickly!!