December 2022 Moms
Options

So much puking

I just hit six weeks yesterday and my son had a stomach bug that started the night before. I got super sick that night and barfed up everything I ate. I felt horrible yesterday and assumed it was stomach flu. Today though it feels more like nausea I had when I was pregnant with my son but the vomiting is so much! 

Anyone else have this problem? I'll be getting Diclectin tomorrow but looking for tips of how to keep food down. 

Re: So much puking

• Options
    I didn't have any sickness with my first (whos now 10 months old) but I had lots of bad nausea at night during the first trimester.

My son got the stomach bug 4 weeks ago! Then I got it 6 hrs after he started it. He was sick for 6 hrs then completely fine. I was sick for like 3 hours and then had debilitating nausea and dehydration/exhaustion for 2 or 3 more days. Husband got sick a day later and was wiped out for days as well. So it might just be the stomach bug and you still feel crappy from it. Best of luck!
  • Options
    portentosaportentosa member
    edited April 2022
    I threw up almost everything I ate when I was pregnant with my son. Lost a lot of weight. Medicine is a great option. Bland foods (crackers and plain bread) and/or foods that will help absorb stomach acid (beans and peas) are good choices too. Refried beans worked for me... the only thing I could eat for weeks with my son.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't had vomiting with my pregnancy yet but I used to suffer from terrible chronic migraines. Saltines, plain rice, warm (not hot) broth worked for me. Taking small bites and afterwards laying down propped up with a bunch of pillows helped a ton too. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    I’m so sorry! I’ve been throwing up about 6 times a day for the past 3 weeks now. My doctor prescribed me anti nausea last week that seemed to work so well for a few days but slowly stopped working. I’m back to throwing up multiple times a day every day. I can’t really get food down and practically no liquids. I will say that if you can manage to get anything past your lips, do it! My doctor told me it doesn’t matter what it is, If I can get it down then eat or drink it. I’ve also noticed that any smell makes it absolutely impossible to eat. So if you can get yourself in a room with no smells or sit outside with fresh air and try to eat something light and fairly scent free that may work! I practically live in our bedroom with the door shut if there is any food out 😭
  • Options
    Ginger makes me gag and "lifestyle changes" are total B.S. Seasickness acupuncture bands don't work for me either. 

I took to reddit for morning sickness remedies. The general concensus is that prescription drugs are great but your first prenatal visit isn't until 8 weeks or later. In the meantime you might have success with OTC vitamin B and Unisom sleep aid tablets (not gel). I started taking Unisom before bed and one or two Preggie pop drops during the day. Everyone is different but it instantly stopped my nausea. I hope this helps someone. 
  • Options
    im 7 weeks and been feeling terrible . Constant nausea and throwing up 2-3 times a day. It's the worst . I've been taking diclegis and so far it hasn't helped. Messaging my doctor to see if there is anything else I can take. I have a crazy wild 4 year old to look after, I don't have time to feel like this 😞😞
  • Options
    Yeah I definitely think the stomach flu hit me pretty hard. I've stopped throwing up so much but nausea is still really bad 🤢 so hoping the Diclectin works for me. It did with my previous pregnancy with my son. Good luck to everyone dealing with this and thank you for the tips!!
  • Options
    I'm 7w1d and in the same boat. I've been practically bedridden since Easter and I feel so guilty since we're currently on vacation across the country from home. I tried the unisom and b6 combo, bland foods, sour candy, etc with zero luck. Called my OB and they wouldn't prescribe anything since I haven't had my first appointment yet. I did go to the urgent care and got a prescription of Promethazine that works alright for now. I'm not throwing up as frequently but the nausea is still killer. Hoping things ease up soon because it's back to work on Monday! 
  • Options
    Hi I’m seven weeks and I’ve been puking for two full weeks I haven’t had a three decent meal day in two weeks, I was already underweight and I am loosing weight it’s awful even with the prescribed vitamin b6 antihistamine combo tge doctor prescribed. Everyone tells me it will get better, I am exhausted and sore from throwing up. The first week my lips were so dry from being dehydrated and puking.
  • Options
    @yesiandcharli ask your doctor for a different prescription. The b6 combo never worked for me either. I'm taking promethazine now and will switch to zofran in the second tri if it keeps up like it did last time. Don't be afraid to ask for something else if what you're using isn't working!
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    @tamalahoops how is the promethazine working? I am taking Reglan (Metoclopramide) and it doesn’t seem to be working at all. I am still vomiting about every 2-3 hours 24 hours a day for the past three weeks. I’m considering requesting a different prescription anti nausea.