Chit Chat
Options

Strange, strange happenings--normal?

nicademus20nicademus20 member
edited April 2022 in Chit Chat
So...I don't have a doctor to ask this and I'm just wondering if other women have experienced this after the baby was born. 

I'm not breastfeeding, so my period has returned, except it is twice a month, and for many more days than it was pre-pregnancy. 
I bled for days after my c-section and was told that is normal. 
But is twice a month and long duration normal months after giving birth? (Baby born Jan. 30th)

I was told that the uterus returning to its normal size may cause bleeding. But is this what they meant? In one month it seems like 15 days of it (week on week off) is spent with..padded protection.
Have you experienced something like this? Does it eventually become pre-pregnancy normal again?

Lets say speaking to a doctor is not an option, just asking for input from other women on the subject since speaking to a doctor Hahaha many reasons why I'd have to be literally dying to attempt to go through the headache and hassle of trying to find one for starters..

Re: Strange, strange happenings--normal?

• Options
    I’m not sure why you’re so anti doctor. No one can tell you what’s going on with your uterus. It will probably require blood testing of your hormones. Some irregularity is normal, especially if you had a vaginal birth. And regardless, your body is likely still healing and perhaps you are having some break through bleeding? I’m not a doctor, but that is absolutely where I would start. If that’s not an option, perhaps there is a women’s clinic you could make an appointment with, or even your delivering midwife or OB.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    I am one of 11,000 people in my 80,000+ population city without a family doctor. The "walk in" clinics are all virtual and two advised me to go to the "emergency" department when I mentioned that it was very, heavy non-stop bleeding from there. The emergency department wait is around 11 hours, even if you go at 3 or 4am. I watched an elderly man with heart palpitations have to wait 4 hours to even be seen. I once waited 4 hours before leaving with my mysterious full body, itchy and deep red rash that I didn't want to wait any longer, to just to be sent to the second waiting room. Our hospital is a joke. Everyone here knows to go to the other local cities unless you are absolutely dying. Our hospital (mainly "emergency" department) is a waste of space and it is no surprise that the google reviews are 2/5 stars.
    So I had to do this without a doctor or get to the nearest other city (I don't have a car, or friends that would drive me). 

Thankfully, I did wait it out and it Finally ended. After numerous google searches, it seemed to fit "post-partum hemorrhage". I didn't have a fever or anything that would mean seeking immediate medical attention--thankfully, because I wouldn't do it in this city Hahaha 

Unfortunately I was told I only had 6 weeks post giving birth with my doctors that I saw while pregnant. They said to go to the emergency department. My LO is from January, so come the last few weeks I was beyond their alotted time with me. 

I had an emergency c-section and was not breastfeeding (too premature where my body wasn't ready)--so I think it did come down to the hormones righting themselves throughout February and March and April was like "Oh you're not pregnant anymore, we should shrink this back down to size then". Best guesses :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nicademus20nicademus20 member
    edited June 2022
    I am still spotting, every. single. day. If not a touch of brown on rare days, it is more of how we would generally think of with what spotting is.
    Where I say above it "finally ending" lasted 2 days. I have a tracker where I've been documenting on the occasion I see a doctor. I get too frustrated to say "it's back" as even writing this now makes my blood boil in anger at my body!!
    I'm so sick of pads!!
    I update this to say I FINALLY have a doctor's appointment with the clinic that told me to contact the doctor that performed the procedure. 
    When he said he couldn't help me, I called them back and I see them on July 4th. 

I leave this here in case anyone else has this uncomfortable and EXTREMELY frustrating shit happen to them too. 

Thankfully there is no pain to accompany this bullshit, but I almost want a hysterectomy at this point just so I never, ever see a spot of blood in my underwear Ever, Ever again. 
    After 4 months of bleeding, some weeks so much I was changing pads every couple hours, and still no indication of it ending, I FINALLY have an appointment with reluctant doctors. 

A nurse I chatted with at the group I see where we socialize the babies said the same I thought all this time--"ya don't go to emerg if not in pain". 
    Just as everyone else that lives here knows-the wait time if not in pain exceeds 10 hours. Actually, you're lucky if you wait only 10 hours. 
    I don't want to say I'm in pain and have them look in one direction when what is going on is something else. I don't want to be misdiagnosed. 

I hope if anyone reads this and has months of non-stop bleeding they see that they are not alone. I feel like noone else has had this happen, like a medical anomaly Hahahaha 
    Because I've not seen it written online, all the women I've talked to have ended in the normal amount of weeks, etc. 
    Everywhere is like "6 weeks.." and here I am at 4 months and ready to rip out my uterus just to never see blood again as words cannot describe my intense frustration. 
    Anyone else? You are not alone.